Ryanair seatbelts

Biogirl

Hi.

So I'm currently just shy of 23 stone (in the process of losing.) I am 5ft 11. I flew on a plane with virgin last week and it was fine. No problem.

However I am flying with Ryanair in less than a week and I'm panicking big time. I spoke to a Ryanair livechats and they said the seatbelt is 30 inches (definately will need an extnder which is fine) BUT they said their extender is only 13 inches extra max and I'm terrified that's not enough and I'm going to get kicked off the flight . I'm travelling with friends and I don't think width will be an issue but this seatbelt thing is making me physically I'll with worry. Anybody flown with them recently and can ease my worries?

My starting weight was 21st 12lbs, and I fly with Ryanair alot. Their seatbelts always seems different sizes every time I get on. When the seat belts wouldn't fasten for me before I lost weight, I was too embarrassed to ask for an extender, and would hold it so the clasp was visible to them, and they thought I had it fastened. It depends where you carry your weight, as at my starting weight, I could rarely fasten them

Thank you for your response
My starting weight was 21st 12lbs, and I fly with Ryanair alot. Their seatbelts always seems different sizes every time I get on. When the seat belts wouldn't fasten for me before I lost weight, I was too embarrassed to ask for an extender, and would hold it so the clasp was visible to them, and they thought I had it fastened. It depends where you carry your weight, as at my starting weight, I could rarely fasten them

Thank you for your response. How did you find the seat width? And how far off was the belt in fitting you?

Hi, my start size was size 22/24. Didn't really have an issue with seat width. Wasn't comfy though. I used to opt for the window seat, so I could lean towards it, and not elbow my husband too much (I carry weight more on top than below). As for how close the seatbelts were to fitting, I have never found a single ryanair seatbelt to be the same length. The worst one I came across was about an inch away from entering the start of the clasp. Sometimes I got lucky, and managed to get one fastened, but there was no room for movement.

I flew ryanair 3 years ago at 35 stone - extender was fine.

Seats wont be comfy, but i don't think they are for anyone. But I promise you will get an extender fitted fine

Back