Terrified of possibility of gaining weight when I've successfully completed CD

I was just sitting and worrying about the same thing today because I came across a post where someone lost all their weight and put it back on and some more. It terrifies me into thinking that I could end up bigger than when I started. I need a game plan and this thread has given me so many ideas.

This worries me too!!!! I want to prove people wrong and lose the weight and KEEP it off!!!!!! I feel so strong while doing this diet but I'm scared of losing my ''strength'' when I've reached my target :((

Not to worry,
I think everyone has there own stresses in life and different coping mechanisms. I just feel so blessed that I have two happy, healthy children, I'm alive and well (apart from being super morbidly obese) and I have met a new partner who is truely amazing. There is always someone worse off than yourself but sometimes we like to wallow in self pity now and then. After all we are only human!!!! Live for the here and now, get to your goal and worry about regaining weight if and when it happens. We are all here to support you through the good and bad times...........and remember, we are all in the same weight loss boat!! xxxxx

Wonderful optimistic post! :) I'm glad you're so optimistic about everything and I hope some will pass on to me somehow.

Hi Lostris,

I think being on a VLCD is an emotional rollercoster, there are highs and lows and we need to take the rough with the smooth. I have been messing about for too long now and a just decided I needed to take the bull by the horns and finally do something before I burst. I have just weighed myself and I was 26stone exactly!!! Up until today I would have cried, then got angry with myself, then probably cried some more and then hope it would go away. How foolish I have been and I got myself into this mess so only I can get myself out of it!!! simple but it makes sense. I am starting on CD ss in the morning and quite strangely looking forward to the rest of my happy, healthier, slimmer life. I have booked a family holiday in march to Florida and I know I won't be at my target by then but I certainly want to be under 20stone...........watch this space lol!!!! :D

Hi Lostris,

I think being on a VLCD is an emotional rollercoster, there are highs and lows and we need to take the rough with the smooth. I have been messing about for too long now and a just decided I needed to take the bull by the horns and finally do something before I burst. I have just weighed myself and I was 26stone exactly!!! Up until today I would have cried, then got angry with myself, then probably cried some more and then hope it would go away. How foolish I have been and I got myself into this mess so only I can get myself out of it!!! simple but it makes sense. I am starting on CD ss in the morning and quite strangely looking forward to the rest of my happy, healthier, slimmer life. I have booked a family holiday in march to Florida and I know I won't be at my target by then but I certainly want to be under 20stone...........watch this space lol!!!! :D

Oooh, that's lovely:) Go you! I'm glad you turned the switch in your head and decided to do something about it; veeeeery important switch! :)

That 'switch' in your head - it took me years to find it again - and now it's firmly on - it's the 'I'm in control switch' and I love it :cool:. It's making choices and taking control of yourself and what you do.

Well done Lostris and Yasmin-Samara - you can do it

That 'switch' in your head - it took me years to find it again - and now it's firmly on - it's the 'I'm in control switch' and I love it :cool:.

Yep. That's it :clap: I don't do anything to maintain my weight. Nothing at all.

Switched that switch, and now live slim.

In fact, can't even say I'm in control. I just 'do', because there is nothing to control any more:cool:

I hope I can find that switch again then :D I'm very VERY determined now, but I don't have to worry about food now either... you know.

We shall see when I get there ;-)

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd post here again as I'm getting closer now ;-)

I've lost over 2/3rd of what I want to lose in weight and will be doing the steps up in a few weeks depending on how much I loose in a few weeks because it really varies a lot.

I've been making lists with calories / fats (good/bad) etc in Word. It really helps me get a better view on calories and everything and it calms me down.
I've already written out complete day-menu's of 1800 kcal, 1500... etc. I know it sounds really obsessed and honestly, maybe I am, but it helps me keep my head clear and it makes me feel confident about maintaining.
I noticed you can eat quite a lot for like 1500 kcal a day as long as it's the ''right foods'' so to say. I love strawberries, grapes and I looove salads. Before I thought I would not be able to live without bread or potatoes but I'm learning that I like 'pure' foods like tuna/lettuce a lot!!

I'm feeling more confident now and I hope I will do well :)

xxx Lostris

Lovely to hear you sounding more confident about maintenance and that mindset in itself should help. Don't worry about being obsessed with calories to start with, I certainly was and planned all my meals, weighing and measuring as I went. It does help to keep you on track and you will find over time you naturally get more of a feel for things.

Gxx

Hi!

Thanks for your response!! :) I have a lovely house-mate who will help me plan out my meals and make sure I stick to them ;-)) She's said it quite a few times and she knows a bit about food and healthy eating and I like that she has offered to make weekly menu's with me so we can look at what I can eat etc etc :)

I'm not planning to be obsessed forever, it's just that I need to find a good balance for food/excersize and find the right amounts and stuff before I can ''relax'' a bit more.

I want to know what normal portions (grams etc) are and I never really bothered finding that out before CD. If I know how big a healthy portion is, and if I can ''guess'' the weight of things I can do it without weighing everything but I will be needing the calcounting/weighing thing for the first ... at least 3 months :)

I'm glad I'm feeling more confident about this all and I'm glad the calories I'm listing are making me feel 'better' about maintaining <3

xxx Lostris

Hi Lostris - I think you have hit the nail on the head - losing weight is the easy bit - its keeping it off that is the challenge and living life very differently.

I know I had a belief that thin people can eat what they want....and put my weight back on time and time again. For an intelligent woman, I was pretty dumb....

This time, I have lost 31lbs using W8 programme and now have joined WW to lose my last bit - as, like you, I want to relearn what I can and can't eat without putting on weight.

In these last couple of weeks though I have wondered what on earth did I eat before to gain so much weight as I can't eat all 18 points a day that I have been given. I think the VLCD route teaches you that you don't need chocolate, crisps, bread, potatoes - starch basically and when I have tried them again I don't particularly like them that much! Result.

I have found that I much prefer healthier alternatives - wholemeal stuff etc which is great. I think your body gets a chance to re-adjust and tell you what it wants - we just have to listen and stop thinking we know best - because we have proven time and again, that we don't.

Good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey and let us know how you are getting on.

LRO xx

Hi!

Thanks for your lovely response! I can see myself in you a bit, especially the part where I, too, think thin people can eat anything ;-) My sisters are skinny as hell (excuse the language but only way to explain it) and they eat tons of crisps etc etc. and that's given me a wrong view of thin people.

I used to eat whole bags of crisps when I felt bad, tons of choc-bars etc. I ate more and more bad stuff and before I know it I was 30kg overweight. Even now it amazes me how I could've done this to myself...

As we here in the Netherlands have different rules for VLCD's I can SS longer if I want, but I've already discussed with my CDC I want to be able to add food when I feel weak / bad. Lately I've been feeling really cold and very very weak and it's giving me the feeling I need more calories.
I have discussed this with her and we agreed on me doing SS+ meals on days where I feel weak. I am quite happy with her ''blessing''. I would've stuck to SS if she hadn't told me it would be okay and I would've ended up sick and miserable :$

So now I'm having the occasional small meal. :) She, the darling, also opted I move to Soya Slim if I really do feel bad about Cambridge SS because Soya Slim would be soooo much cheaper (I'm a student, don't have tooo much money spare ;-)) and asked me to look into it.

I have and I decided I want to stick to Cambridge SS/SS+. I'm worried that switching plans now will mess it all up hahah. I like knowing for certain that I can do this and that there are still flavours I like.

I plan to do all the steps up for about 2-3 weeks each. I want to establish a good basis for myself and I do not want to have to go back to ''healthy eating'' in 4 weeks or so. That, for me, would be way too soon and I need to get back to normal food in a very slow pace so I can monitor all the changes in my body, weight, etc etc. :)

Thanks for posting and best of luck with your journey,

xxx Lostris

Hi Ive not been on here for a while in 2006 I went on CD an dropped from 16 1/2 st to 13 st,

I then went back to my normal eating habits and piled the weight back on to about 17 and a half stone, I got to the point in may where I thought enough is enough and I wend back on CD.

Ive gone from 17st 8 to 13 st 10 in about 9-10 weeks although i havent been using ss i've had 3 units a day and a meal ( usually a chicken breast and salad etc),

i plateaud at 13st 7 so im doing a week of SS to kick start my metabolism then im going to do add a meal for 3 weeks then slowly work my way up to about 2000 kcal a day,
Ive decided to cut out white bread completely and im going to stick to complex carbs and protein. i dont have a sweet tooth, the problem I had last time was takeaways, alcohol doesnt add weight with me as i usually only drink spirits and diet mixers anyway, but ive realised its the complete and utter rubbish i was putting into my body that made me balloon again.

My strategy is to get down to 12 st ( my target is 12 and a half) and then increase my calories with home cooked low Gi food etc I've got my head round portion control now and as i love salad i will probably use that to fill me up etc.

To me it seems its all about a total lifestyle change, like instead of getting a takeaway after a night out have something healthy waiting at home etc.

Im going to give my body a head start by going 7lb over my target just so that any glycogen store weight i put on is balanced against my weight and im going to take it day by day.. Ive had nights off while on AAM and had a few drinks etc but not put on at all so hopefully ill be able to keep it off this time

Back