Terrified of Refeeding!!!!

little miss mini

EEEK :eek: Just got news today that I have to go for an operation at the end of June. So as if that wasnt scary enough I now have to think about refeeding. EEEEK once again!!!

My pharmacist doesnt seem to know very much about it and wouldnt even give me the hand out so I could study it so I could get to grips with everything :mad: Think Im gona have to find a different one!!

Ive been reading everyones refeeding diaries and all of ye have been doing so brill. I just have a few questions if anyone can help Id be so grateful. I have bout a week and a half before Im gona start refeed.
Do you stay on the TFR shakes while you refeed or go on the maintanence ones?
When you get to day 4 do you just do a day 4 type day for the rest of the refeed?
How long should I stay on refeed for?

Sorry if these sound a bit silly but Im so confused. Id be totally in the dark if it wasnt for all ye guys brill posts. :clap:

Will be so glad of any advice or encouragement, thanks, Missy xox :psiholog:

Please don't be scared of re-feeding, we all feel a little like that after the total absteinance from food. Just follow the re-feeding programme for 2 weeks to get your body adjusted to real food slowly to ensure you don't over indulge on the carb front and you will be fine. You even probably will find that your tastes have changed for the better and you WONT want to fill your new, improved body with any junk. Best of luck on re-feeding and your op.

Thanks Sharon. I know Im panicing waaay too much. Breathe!!!. Just I was hoping to stay on TFR til I was really near my goal weight and when I came back from the pharmacy I was in such a tizzy lol. But if your results are anything to go by Ill be a very happy bunny. That is an amzing loss on TFR and great to see you lost on the refeed aswell :happy096: Did you do the refeed for just the 2 weeks and then go on maintanence?

Ive been trawling through all the info on here about the refeed and looking at peoples refeed diaries. So I might pop up a menu of what I think Ill have on my first week and see if everyone thinks its all ok ;).
Its true what you said about not wanting to put any junk back in. After reading everyones meals last night I could have hunted down a chicken!!! but Im not even missing or craving any choc or any sweet things at all. Its great.....hope it lasts hehe ;)

My pharmacy is pretty useless as well...she doesn't know anything about refeed and just went on about maintenance when I asked her and she too had no handouts! :sigh: I'm planning to start refeed after my weigh in on Saturday...I'm excited and scared at the same time. I would've like to stay on longer but I have a holiday coming.

Good luck with refeed and your op.

Hey mini - The refeeding info is in a sticky so no need to miss out! It IS scary at first but it's fine once you're doing it. Good luck. x

Hey guys

MissJ its awful to hear that your pharmacist wasnt helpful either. It just made me kinda angry cos I dont think they should be doing the Lipotrim programme if they are not gona learn how to do it properly. I had all my hopes put on her being able to help me through it but guess not.....:sigh: lol. Hope you going somewhere nice and sunny on hols. Just picked up some brochures today to decide where we r gona go. Cant wait to be able to wear a bikini and not hide away under clothes all hols yippeee

Thanks Jan Ive had a look through that and things are much more clearer now. I tend to panic when it comes to food cos Im so scared of putting the weight back on if I do it wrong.
Im starting to feel more at ease now though that Ive read refeed info and diaries on here and am kinda jealous of you MissJ that you get to start on Sat hehe. Cant believe Im craving yummy crispy lettuce right now and not chocs haha ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Sharon. I know Im panicing waaay too much. Breathe!!!. Just I was hoping to stay on TFR til I was really near my goal weight and when I came back from the pharmacy I was in such a tizzy lol. But if your results are anything to go by Ill be a very happy bunny. That is an amzing loss on TFR and great to see you lost on the refeed aswell :happy096: Did you do the refeed for just the 2 weeks and then go on maintanence?

Ive been trawling through all the info on here about the refeed and looking at peoples refeed diaries. So I might pop up a menu of what I think Ill have on my first week and see if everyone thinks its all ok ;).
Its true what you said about not wanting to put any junk back in. After reading everyones meals last night I could have hunted down a chicken!!! but Im not even missing or craving any choc or any sweet things at all. Its great.....hope it lasts hehe ;)
Yes, I followed the re-feed for 2 weeks, then started maintenance myself, without any maintenance products, not even touched the free ones I sent away for as I want to just eat healthy, normal food. As I've said before on other threads, I am sticking to eating my 3 meals at 10.30, 3.30 and 8.00 as this ensures I don't go too long between meals....I still drink loads of water , 1 and a half pints plus a green tea before my brekkie at 10.30.....touch wood, it seems to be working really well, but we are all different, with different life-styles, you just need to find what works for you! best of luck, darlin'!!

Thanks Sharon, you sound as if your doing really well hun. I must make sure I keep my water intake up now that Im used to guzzling it all day lol.

Well the countdown is on :). Im going to start refeed on Tues. Went and got some stuff today (very early I know but Me is all excited now hehe) and now it seems sooo real. Im actually looking forward to it now, starting to feel like it will be kinda the start of a whole new way of life, a nice healthy one lol ;)
Have my last weigh in tomorrow on the TFR. Sneaked a peek today on the scales ;) and looks like Im 4lbs down this week woohoooo :D

Back