tesco freshly prepared

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by valzar, 5 March 2010 Social URL.

1. valzar

valzar Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    juicy melon & grape duo wud this be free silly question but not sure cheers:)there is no juice at all its 400g

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CamilleBates

CamilleBates Alomst there :)

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(24.71%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I've always treated freshly prepared fruit as free.... so I hope it is. can you put it into the syn calculatorto see?

4. fleur

fleur Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(18.73%)
    I'd like to know the answer to this one. My mate, who's lost more than 5 stones on SW in the last year, seemed to chomp loads of ready-prepared and chopped fruit during her weightloss phase - she worked on the basis that it's free (and it's clearly been fine for her).

But then again, isn't the reason that tinned fruit isn't free because it'd be too easy to eat too much of it? Wouldn't the same apply to ready-prepared chopped fresh fruit?

I suspect that putting it into the Syns calculator will give it Syns, regardless of whether it's actually got Syns or not. :) Anyone know for sure that pre-packed prepared fresh fruit is free?

5. jo1

jo1 Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    I had a fruit salad last night, cut and prepared the fruit, surely it's free. :eek:

6. CamilleBates

CamilleBates Alomst there :)

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(24.71%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I don't see it as any different to chopping up a load of fruit to keep in the fridge, or to take to work. And if that's the case, then berries wouldn't be free because they don't exactly take alot of prep work!?

Tinned fruit is synned because it actually is cooked slightly, something to do with the canning process.

I can't actually put it into te syn calculator because there is no option to use fruit as a free food :confused::confused:

7. fleur

fleur Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(18.73%)
    I didn't know that about tinned fruit. :) You live and learn.

I'd be very happy indeed to treat pre-prepared fruit as free food. I guess it would work out very expensive to eat way too much of it, anyway - that'd put most of us off! :D :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.