~Tesco or Asda ?

amethyst

Banned
I usually shop at tesco cus its closer, but they dont have much of a selection... I can go to Asda which is a large store and i am sure will have much more selection.. But it is further away...

What you reckon? Are there anything Asda stock that tesco don't? (HEB, free ready meals food for red days etc).. I never see the banana custart, toffee, choc orange muller lights in tesco either? Are they in Asda?

Thanks

Asda would be my choice any day, much cheaper than Tesco.

The only thing that I can't get from Asda is Quark.

We have recently changed from shopping in Tesco's to shopping in Asda as it does work out enough cheaper to justify going that little bit further.

I haven't shopped as yet though for slimming world food as such as i am waiting for my cd to arrive.

Ah thanks, i think i will pop to tesco for my normal daily items today, then go to asda's this eve..

I don't know where morrisons is, i bet its the ther side of town (gulp)..

I shop depending on where has the offers on and what i'm out of. If there's a frylight offer or if I need sausages really does matter when i'm going shopping. Of course, if I could find a shop that stocked white Nimble, all of this discussion would be a moot point...

I go to both. Tesco for the meat as it seems to be a better quality here and Asda for virtually everything else as its cheaper!

How I miss Asda and Tesco, oh to be back in the UK "sigh". I love both as I love their clothes sections so much, cheap and cheerful but long lasting. Don't get to the UK very often but if there's something I really want/need from these shops I just ring my dad and ask so sweetly and hey presto a parcel arrives :D

Living in Germany I'm a little stuck as they don't have SW over here, just WW so I tend to use our Naffi for the things I can get such as Alpen light bars (become addicted now would have said yuck 2 months ago), shop about the local shops (Lidls is the cheapest) for main things like fruit etc, go to a Turkish shop for meat (only place like a butchers in the area) where I can pick the piece of meat I want mincing for extra extra lean mince and there is another little shop selling English products that I forgot about but will pay a visit later to see what they have:flirt2:

Asda are way cheaper,but there are one or two things that i still prefer to get from tesco or sainsburys. Morrisons much further away but thinking of going to stock up on their sausages cos i've heard they do some that are syn free-gotta be worth the effort

I shop depending on where has the offers on and what i'm out of. If there's a frylight offer or if I need sausages really does matter when i'm going shopping. Of course, if I could find a shop that stocked white Nimble, all of this discussion would be a moot point...

Does your local Tesco's not do it? Or even Iceland? The reason I say these to are that I live abroard with the forces and our local Naffi stocks products from both of these stores (added cost though) and we can get Nimble white and wholemeal/grain. If not can you not maybe ask to see if they can get some in as Im sure it'll fly off the shelves as Im not a bread fan (childhood memories :() but can eat Nimble without toasting it as it's so light :D

You can get White Nimble in GERMANY???!!! And I can't get it AT ALL!!???>ksdfjy#432#!!!!

*boom*

Sorry, I just have had a long standing gripe with Nimble as they've taken it off the shelves in all my local supermarkets. To get it I would have to get at least 2 buses which would take somewhere in the region of an hour and a half. Grump grump grump.

I even WROTE to them to ask them where I could get it locally to me and they were less than no help. Double grump.

I tend to go to ASDA or Sainsbury simply because we don't have a big tescos here, just a metro and an express, and I can never find anything I want.

You can get White Nimble in GERMANY???!!! And I can't get it AT ALL!!???>ksdfjy#432#!!!!

*boom*

Sorry, I just have had a long standing gripe with Nimble as they've taken it off the shelves in all my local supermarkets. To get it I would have to get at least 2 buses which would take somewhere in the region of an hour and a half. Grump grump grump.

I even WROTE to them to ask them where I could get it locally to me and they were less than no help. Double grump.

They've withdrawn it? OMG thats shocking and so unfair. I'm sorry that we can get it in Germany but it is a god send as German bread is thick and sticky and just damned right not edible as bread just toast. Even my OH wont eat German bread and he's a bread fan (can eat 6 slices at once) but the Nimble is all mine as it's too healthy in his eyes:D What about shopping online as I bet they'll be able to get it for you? Get a couple of loafs and freeze them maybe

I tend to do the rounds of the supermarkets as they all have different offers. There's a Morrison's by where I work, a small Tesco near my house and a big Tesco not far away, and a Sainsbury's about a mile away. We have a giant ASDA too which is only a couple miles away and I like to go there especially for the Chick Pea Dhal, which I stock up on whenever I'm there as it's free on green/EE and it's really yummy!

My local store is a small Tesco and other big supermarkets are 20-30 mins drive away so unless I am in the area I don't make a special trip. I buy my meat from the butcher but I do know that Asda meat is cheaper than Tesco.

That said though, Asda do deliver in my area so I think I may do my next big online shop (monthly) from Asda.

If you can make do with what you get from your small Tesco then I'd stick with it, you'll spend so much more in the bigger stores as there's more variety and of course the petrol money for travelling there!

I've deliberated with this for ages since moving to the area and making do with the small Tesco but I do save a lot of money cos I spend a fortune when I go to the big stores - more so cos they have clothes and other goodies which my Tesco don't have!

That said though, Asda do deliver in my area so I think I may do my next big online shop (monthly) from Asda.

Jaylou,

I have my Asda delivery every week - it's great, no queuing at the cash out (especially at Christmas) and the drivers are all so nice, and most weeks I am lucky enough to find a voucher code for free delivery - all I need now is someone to put it away, LOL......

You won't regret having your groceries delivered.

minders what is chick pea dhal have never heard of it
Like a vegetarian curry, made with chick peas. The ASDA one is free on green/EE (not all are free so I only get the ASDA one because it is). I find it's great for a quick meal. I often have half a can for a lunch at work, with basmati rice and perhaps add a quartered hard boiled egg and some halved cherry tomatoes. Just heat it up in the microwave and you're good to go. Easy.

Back