TESCO Ultra Slim bar offer

Lol Butterfly i'm off to get some more today as they work out at about 58p a bar which hugely cheaper than any of the others ..And they are yummy ..I did check the carb content only out of habit and they slightly lower in carbs than the Exante ones xx

If you read around the forum there are numerous threads about alternative bars

ToffeeApple said:
Oh come on! Why don't you just give me the answer? Please?!

I don't want to read around the forums....It takes ages, and you start getting conflicting information e.g. one person puts: "You can eat Tesco Diet bars on Exante provided you avoid the choc chip & hazelnut ones and ensure that you wash it down with a pint of Kia Ora within 3 minutes of finishing it..." to which someone then reponds with, "No, not Kia Ora actually; it contains citric acid and will bring you out of ketosis...The ONLY juice you can drink with the Tesco diet bar is a special brand that is made using juice from the bong-bong tree which only grows in Northern Taiwan at special times of the year...." and then a third poster comes in with their contribution which is along the lines of: "The Tesco bars can't be consumed at all, with juice or without, but the ASDA ones are fine provided you cook them at 270 degrees for 2 hours first and talk to them lovingly as you do so - That destroys the carbs but keeps the glucose raging and will ensure you stay in Ketosis forever and ever...."

It's horrible, confusing, and it makes me want to cry. So...Help me. Please. Bars or no bars? I can't eat the Exante ones. They taste like sandpaper which someone has dipped in some out-of-date maple syrup.

The Tesco ones, however...Yum.

Lol you made me smile, am having a bad day! I have Tesco bars for brekkie and from personal experience they haven't taken me out of ketosis.

On another note I got my Tesco delivery this morning and no raspberry ones, replaced with chocolate, now have 4 boxes *grrrr* I could've cried! I don't like chocolate! So so love the raspberry, so yummy mmm!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Toffee Apple - they're fine. The carbs are slightly less than Exante bars. They don't taste like sandpaper.

toffeeapplee - they are indeed LUSH!! I had a raspberry a raspberry and yoghurt one today and being a choco-girl this was a big change for me... OOOO I didnt want it to end! And they are really big too! :) Certainly enjoyed it more than any other cereal bar I used to eat, and thats saying something! The choco are lovely too and SO cheap! I have absolutely stacks of em in the cupboard and I am eating them as meal replacement as and when I feel as I am not allowed to do tfr at the mo as recovering still! Figure it cant do any harm if I am eating sensibly!! I want to try the Asda ones next!! xx

I only ended up with 8 boxes!! That's all they had :(
But that's enough to keep me going for about a month so I'm happy.
Oh and the offer really is on til december so we dont have to bulk buy them incase the offer ends lol

Thanks for the heads up Jubbly. I've never tried the Tesco ones before so I'll pass by my local Tesco's later and pick some up. :)

I think i'll give these a go too, once my bumper pack has ran out. I'm just gonna get the shake pack as I've gone off the soups in a major way. I'm really struggling to finish them. So a shake bumper pack along with these bars should do the job! :)

That's what I do Dance Magic. Soups = bleurgh.
PS Loving Gabriel Garcia Marquez :D xx

i just bought some boxes too on your recommendation and had one for tea..a raspberry one...it was yummy :) i bought the bumper shake pack as hate their bars and their soups but these are great if im out and cant mix my shakes up easily

thanks!

h x

Back