Tesco value mini milk lollys

mrsbroadside

Hi, I know that walls mini milk lollys are 1.5 syns and I got really excited about that! I asked my mum to buy me some and she came back with Tesco Value versions. On the syn calculator they come out to be 3 syns! I cant believe they are twice as much?!:(

Unfortunately it's one of those Tesco Value things that they're not so good for you - mini milks only have 0.7 g of fat in them, and the tesco alternative have 2.7 or 2.9 g of fat (depends which flavour) for the same size lolly. Therefore twice the calories, and twice the syns (rule of thumb: 20 kcal = 1 syn).

Never mind!

Oh no!!!!! She's bought me two boxes aswell thinking she was helping me! I was looking forward to only using 1.5 syns. Bahh!

DAMNIT! I have been trying to buy minimilks for weeks from Tesco, but because they're on offer, I can't get my hands on a box for love nor money! Bought the value ones instead as assumed they'd be the same syn value.... Grrrrrrr. I can only have 6 syns per day, 3 is a lot to spend on a lolly!! :mad:

Why can you only have 6 syns per day?

Because my consultant explained the boundaries the other week, and not everyone is entitled to 10-15 syns? I can't rememebr the brackets, but if you have less than a stone to lose, you get 6 syns, less than two stone 12 syns, and i think aything above that you get 15. It's not as may as most people have that you're 'officially' allowed i think! Irritating how things like this differ from group to group!
x

If your not going to eat them then take them back! If you have receipt get a refund, if not get an exchange for proper Minimilks! I would! Explain that your mum had picked up the wrong ones and they are not suitable for your diet. xxx

Oh and good plan Allie - i am a consumer rights nutcase when it comes to non-food shopping, but i never think to take groceries back to the shop, isn't it funny?

great idea, better than wasting them! Ta! x

That might be what your consultant recommends, but it is certainly not the standard SW policy. Anything official is in the book, and that says 10-15 syns per day.

At the end, when I only had a stone to lose, I was still having between 10 and 15 syns every day and losing weight just fine. What helped me was to focus on eating more superfree and speed foods each day.

The whole point of SW is for people not to feel deprived - otherwise you increase the risk of 'falling off the wagon' and having all the things you simply can't have (6 syns a day is rather limiting).

/rant Sorry!

Because my consultant explained the boundaries the other week, and not everyone is entitled to 10-15 syns? I can't rememebr the brackets, but if you have less than a stone to lose, you get 6 syns, less than two stone 12 syns, and i think aything above that you get 15. It's not as may as most people have that you're 'officially' allowed i think! Irritating how things like this differ from group to group!
x

Are mini milks really only 1.5? Or has this changed now? I love mini milks!

Great thanks :) Good sweet fix for after dinner!

Back