Tess' Cambridge Diet Journey to a healthy me

Don't mind at all! I love the ticker. Totally not one I'd use b/c I can't ride a bike without risking life and limb! :)

I'm glad we're both feeling positive. It has helped doing this on days when my OH is home and making most of the family meals (except mommy == the kids think I'm very lucky drinking milkshakes for every meal!) and next week is midterm so it'll be challenging (he's away 2 days) doing B/L/D and snacks for them and eating nada!

But I can do this. I'm going to the CDC on Tues, when do you go?

he heeee, i nicked the ticker idea too x

Don't mind at all! I love the ticker. Totally not one I'd use b/c I can't ride a bike without risking life and limb! :)

I'm glad we're both feeling positive. It has helped doing this on days when my OH is home and making most of the family meals (except mommy == the kids think I'm very lucky drinking milkshakes for every meal!) and next week is midterm so it'll be challenging (he's away 2 days) doing B/L/D and snacks for them and eating nada!

But I can do this. I'm going to the CDC on Tues, when do you go?

Hehe, thanks for your post, Hon. I weigh in on different days due to my shifts, so sometimes don't have a full week's weigh in. (this week is 5 days too.) I am weighing in on Thursday morning this week, so I need to get my butt back in gear and focus.
Where are you from if you don't mind me asking? Only, it's unusual to see "Mommy" and not "mummy". I'm from South Africa and we also say Mom and mommy over there. :) Just being nosy, sorry. :p
Anyway, good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. x

G'morning everyone, hope you're all well. I'm feeling extremely hungry at the moment, but I'm trying not to have my shake till a bit later. Been up since 4am this morning, but luckily I'm finishing work a bit earlier today.
Bought another packet of crisps last night, but I have just given it to my colleague! :D So proud of myself for that. Need to just stop buying them though - it's costing me money! LOL.
Anyway, going to go and glug some water.
Have a good day all and I'll catch up with you later on.

Well done on buying and not eating the crisps! Wow 4am is early!
I'm thinking of buying some smokes and driving my car to a carpark and smoking one. It's better then eating and it does relieve stress for me, tho I've never been more than a social smoker and take a smoke w/ a drink...

I grew up in teh us but living abroad about 21 yrs but the Mommy thing is natural! My hub is going to Lesotho and S Africa in a few monhts for work and I'm jealous!

Great job on keeping up the hard work!

Hi Tess
I'm pleased to hear things are a bit better with your hubby and well done for not having the crisps!
You are doing really well with your weightloss, well done!!
I have a wii, i've not been on the just dance, well not been on it much at all recently (feel guilty now). Do you go on your wii much??
I look forward to reading your updates and I hope your day shifts are going well xx

Well done on buying and not eating the crisps! Wow 4am is early!
I'm thinking of buying some smokes and driving my car to a carpark and smoking one. It's better then eating and it does relieve stress for me, tho I've never been more than a social smoker and take a smoke w/ a drink...

I grew up in teh us but living abroad about 21 yrs but the Mommy thing is natural! My hub is going to Lesotho and S Africa in a few monhts for work and I'm jealous!

Great job on keeping up the hard work!

Hiya, thanks very much. Aah, now I see. :) Your husband is lucky. I'd be jealous too. :D
Keep up the good work, you're also doing so well. Will catch up with your diary soon. x

Hi Tess
I'm pleased to hear things are a bit better with your hubby and well done for not having the crisps!
You are doing really well with your weightloss, well done!!
I have a wii, i've not been on the just dance, well not been on it much at all recently (feel guilty now). Do you go on your wii much??
I look forward to reading your updates and I hope your day shifts are going well xx

Hi Hon, sorry I haven't been on here much the last couple of days. It's been really hectic at work. Thanks very much. I'm trying now to lose a minimum of 3lb a week, so fingers crossed.
I don't go on the WII as often as I'd like to be honest. Because of my shifts it's a bit difficult, but I absolutely love Just Dance and can't wait to try Just Dance2. Sooo much fun.:D
Hope you're ok. I'll catch up with your diary soon. Take care. x

Hello everyone, hope you're all well. Sorry I haven't been around for a few days, but it's been very hectic at work, and I stayed over at my mom's the other day as she was having Jessie. She doesn't have internet there, unfortunately.
Nevermind. Anyway, I'm on nights tonight, and it's going to be a very busy night as I have all the weekly alarm tests to do and quite a lot of other work to keep me busy. I'm glad because it means the night goes quicker.
Had a bit of a blip again yesterday. Didn't manage to resist the haribos this time.:eek: However, I did go to Zumba last night, so hopefully I've burnt those few calories off!:)
Otherwise, things are going ok. I've just had my "breakfast" strawberry tetra, and I have my choc bar and veg soup for later too. Looking forward to my bar!
I've had to change my wi day this week from Thurs to Saturday as my shifts have been changed a bit. I'm glad to be honest as that gives me a full week's results. I need to get my butt in gear now! :)
I will catch up with everyone's diaries real soon. Probably in the early hours of the morning when things start slowing down at work.
Chat later. x

I've made it through the night ok. Feeling quite hungry at the moment, but have a bottle of water handy. Feeling very tired too and need my bed. It will take me about an hour to get home and I'll probably only get to bed about 9am-ish as my little girl goes to the childminder at 8:30.
Hope you all have a great day and I'll catch up with you all tonight. x

Evening, all. I'm on nightshift again, but luckily I'm off tomorrow and Saturday and Sunday. Yay - it's my first weekend off in ages, so really looking forward to it.
Driving home this morning I had to stop a few times as I was just sooo tired. Think it may be because I haven't had my thyroid medication for the last three days due to a error at the doctors. Picking it up tomorrow again. It did mean that I slept most of the day (after dropping my daughter) and actually overslept!!!! I did not hear my alarm go off at 15:30, and instead I woke with a jump at 16:30!!!:eek: I usually leave at this time, so I had to rush to get ready. This at least meant that I didn't have time to think of food. I just grabbed my shakes/bars and headed off to work. Luckily I wasn't too late! Phew.
Tonight has been quite difficult. The team seem to be on a bit of a snack fest tonight. Firstly I had Quality Street chocs shoved under my nose, then offered popcorn and crisps. They've also just finished a takeaway they ordered. I am very proud to say that I've resisted all these temptations :D and I've just had my choc bar to silence my rumbling tummy.
Hope you're all ok. Will chat later.

Hey Lovely girl!
Those bloody haribos - you should have blasted them with your finger gun!

Darl, Ive had some near misses these past two weeks but I did resort to cheese (more fattening than haribos) and I licked the air tonight which was perfumed with seaside fish and chips. God, I could have ripped them out of the old ladies hands - Im sure she was laughing evilly at me as she ate them (cow).

Im so proud of you for keeping going and believing in the diet. It can work and you will do it. We are in it together and Im here for you (as you are me) and that to me, is priceless.

Aaah, thanks Rumbly. You're a great friend. I've just posted on your diary too.

I definitely wouldn't get through each day without everyone's support here on minimins. :)

Hi Tess,
Well done on resisting all those temptations! You're a star!
Hope you are well, I can't wait to get back on CD...I miss being on here with you all. x

Aaah, thanks Rumbly. You're a great friend. I've just posted on your diary too.

I definitely wouldn't get through each day without everyone's support here on minimins. :)

I feel the same, when I come on here it refocuses my efforts!
Thanks for supporting me.

Hi Tess. You are doing really well and resisting so much temptation (damn those Haribo !).
I've knocked myself off course this week (damn those chewy bars !) but really want to join you in trying to lose 3lb every week so am going back to just having shakes, soups, porridge and tetras, like the first 2 weeks of CD, to get myself in the zone again.
Nice to hear you actually have the weekend off. Get some rest !! I'm in the same boat having frid mid-day to sun mid -day. Really looking forward to a lie-in sat morning but I bet you might not be that lucky ?
Good luck for sat WI xxx

wow tessie, you are doing so well! a true inspiration to me. hugs!

How are you my lovely friend? The Haribo demons get you yet ;)
Ibe updated my diary about my bladder shenanigans if you fancy a little laugh!
Loves ya xx

Hi Rumbly, sorry I haven't been on here till now. I'm ok thanks Hon. Just very tired at the moment. Been up since 3am and am at work now. It's going to be a long day. I weighed myself yesterday and I haven't lost anything at all!!!!:cry: I started taken my thyroxine again yesterday, but I'm now dreading my weigh in tomorrow. Apart from the couple of haribos I've been really good too! Why did I take that sneaky peak, oh why!!!!:(
Anyway, I'm going to be supergood today and glug LOTS of water. Who knows - maybe that will make a difference for tomorrow. Even half a pound will be ok - as long as it's a loss. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please.
Will catch up on everyone's diaries this evening when I get home. Gotta get back to work now.
Have a good day, everyone. x

Back