Tess' Cambridge Diet Journey to a healthy me

Good evening, fellow CDers. Hope you're all well. I'm once again at work after being called in early to cover sickness on the team. At least that means I'm going home at 4am instead of 6am!:D

I've had a really good day today, and so far today I've had a choc bar before I went to bed, then tonight I've had my strawberry tetra so far. I've also got my Leek&Potato soup for "lunch" and my Choc mint shake to make into a mousse. Have been pretty busy here at work, so not even thinking of food at the moment, to be honest. I don't even feel very hungry, which is a first. I've already had 2.5litres of water since 4pm, and aim for another litre or so before I go home.
Right, better get on with my work. It's really busy tonight, but at least that means the time flies by. hope you're all having a good night.
Chat soon. :)

Hi hon, haven't a clue about self sabbotage. Some times i just can't help myself. The food is in my mouth before i have had time to think about it.
Other times, i just say to myself that if i eat it, i will probably go up a pound or two and look how long it takes to get rid of it again or how hard it can be to get rid of it!

I tried to make a mousse once and it was horrible. How do you make it so it's edible???

Hi Sunshine, thanks for that. So far this evening has gone really well. I've got 15 mins till I can go home and then an hour's drive before I can snuggle up in my nice warm bed.

For the mousse - I used really cold water (almost icy). Then I tear open the pack I'm going to use (strawberry is my fav at the mo) and add the scoop of mousse to the pack. I mix it with a spoon and then give it a shake to make sure it's all mixed up properly. I add the mixture to the cold water and use my hand blender to whizz it up well. Then I pop it in a bowl and put it in the fridge for between 7 and 10 mins. Hope that helps. :)

Anyway, I've drunk 3.5 litres of water tonight, and have been rushing to and from the loo quite a lot. :eek: I haven't had my last shake, but I think I'll leave that till I get home, or till I get up. I'll see when I get there.

Will catch up with you all soon. :D

Hello everyone,
I'm on my final nightshift tonight! I'm soooo looking forward to my 2 days off. Have loads of housework to catch up on, so that should keep my mind occupied for a while tomorrow.
Diet-wise I've had an ok day. I had a small amount of chicken this afternoon, just for a change. I still have 3 packs left till 6am - my Banana Bliss, Choc mint - which I'm making into a mousse, and my Peanut bar.

I did have a sneaky peak on the scale this morning, but I haven't lost any weight!:cry: It may be coz I weighed myself after nightshift, or because I'm "due on", I guess, but I still really hoped I'd show at least a couple of pound off. Oh well, I still have 3 days before my weigh in, so hopefully I will have a loss this week.

Anyway, gotta get back to work, but will post again a bit later. Bye for now.

Gosh, isn't it quiet on the boards tonight! Where is everyone??

Anyway, I made it through my nightshift and I actually have one shake left. I will have it as breakfast, I think. Really looking forward to my days off, although I find CD more difficult when I'm at home. At work I can control myself and my environment, whereas whilst I'm home I constantly pick at food! I am determined to be strong and resist!!! It's only today and tomorrow, then I'm back at work. I can do this!!

Anyway, hope you all have a good day and I'll catch up soon. :)

Thanks Tess.
I struggle more on my days off too. Too much time on my hands to think about food and also, it's at hand lurking in the cupboards and fridge grrrr:D

Right back to this mousse business, lol.
How much water do you use? mine ends up kinda like chewing gum.

Enjoy your days off and be good:p

Hi Miss Sunshine, thanks for your message. I am finding it quite hard today, and did succumb to a couple of crisps, I'm afraid to say. :cry: Oh well, putting it down to tiredness and gonna put it behind me now.
For the mix-a-mousse I add 180mm of water, and once I've whisked it well I put it in the fridge for 7-10 mins. Yum.
Anyway, gotta get my little girl bathed, so I'll chat again soon. :)

Hello everyone, hope you're well. I'm feeling a bit under the weather today due to TOM. :(
However, there is a plus-side to it. I don't feel very hungry at all today. Just wanna curl up on my sofa under my duvet. However, that's not possible. I only have today off still and then I'm doing another stretch of 6 12h shifts. I have to get the house sorted today or it's going to have a snowball effect and be even worse in 6 days! Gotta sort out my washing and pack things away and the usual cleaning.
So far, I've had my strawberry tetra. Contemplating having scrambled eggs for lunch. Either that or my bar.... mmm, I'll see. Going to sort Jessie out first. My mom and dad have invited me to stay round theirs tonight so I don't have to get up at 3am with Jess. They're looking after her tomorrow. I think it will be a good idea, and then I can have a lie-in in the morning and get up at 4:45am instead. Just need to make sure my hubby hasn't made plans for tonight. He was talking about inviting people round for a WII -night.

Feeling quite good on CD today. Have had one litre of water so far, so got quite a bit to go.
Right, I'm off to make Jess lunch. Will catch up soon. Have a good day.

Hey! Sorry you're feeling under the weather. I just had mine last week and all I wanted was chocolate! the peanut bar did the trick! I love them!! Having trouble with eating again at the moment which is nasty but am hoping it will pass! right, off to post now! xx

Hi Cookie, nice to hear from you. Still feeling quite yuck this morning, and still not hungry, but I did give in yesterday and had a blip. :( Oh well, starting afresh today again. I'm at work, so that does keep me on track. Have a good day. :)

Good morning everyone, hope you're all well. I stayed over at my mom's last night, so didn't have to get up quite as early as usual for work. I am now at work for my 1st 12h shift of 6. I am armed with a Strawberry Tetra, Banana Tetra, Veg Soup and Peanut bar for the day and I've already had about 500mls of water this morning.
I had a blip yesterday as I was really stressed yesterday. My baby girl was being a real terror - I now know the meaning of terrible two's!!! She was doing her utmost best to wind me up yesterday and she succeeded! :cry:I went straight back into my old habits and grabbed the crisps. Why, oh why do I do this???? I wasn't hungry at all - not physically anyway. I was doing so well too, and I've messed it up again.
I have decided to draw a line under yesterday though, as it's too easy to say -well, I messed up, so might as well carry on. I'm starting afresh this morning. My weigh in is on Monday morning, so I need to be 100% these next couple of days to make sure that my blip hasn't ruined my weightloss. Fingers crossed.
Anyway, sorry for rambling on. Got my cup of Rooibos tea ready, and gotta get on with work. Catch up with you all later. x

Hey Tess; just wanted to say that i read your diary through, you're doing great... I don't think i could manage cd with night shifts, i'm impressed. Having a two year old on top of it is even more trying (have one at home and an 8 year old too with hubby away for work during the week), esp when they've decided to test you! Anyway, just wanted to say that you shouldn't be too rough on yourself, of course you'll have blips, the most important is that they become more spaced out in time and that you just continue and never give up. I'll be following you closely as I really enjoyed your diary. Have a great day hun and be proud of yourself, diets are not easy but CD, man sometimes it feels close to impossible

Hey Tess; just wanted to say that i read your diary through, you're doing great... I don't think i could manage cd with night shifts, i'm impressed. Having a two year old on top of it is even more trying (have one at home and an 8 year old too with hubby away for work during the week), esp when they've decided to test you! Anyway, just wanted to say that you shouldn't be too rough on yourself, of course you'll have blips, the most important is that they become more spaced out in time and that you just continue and never give up. I'll be following you closely as I really enjoyed your diary. Have a great day hun and be proud of yourself, diets are not easy but CD, man sometimes it feels close to impossible

Enlightenme2 -thanks so much for your lovely words of support. It's really nice to get some incite from someone else sometimes. As someone with an 8year old and 2-year old - does it get any easier? I feel terrible if I snap and shout at Jess, but I don't know how to make her listen to me, to be honest. :eek: I am glad that you like my diary. I honestly thought people might find it a bit boring. It's people like you on minimins that keep me going, so thanks again. Have a great day. :)

Hello everyone, finally it's nearing the end of my shift. Onto 5 nightshifts from tomorrow. I still have one pack or one small meal left for today, so I'm still deciding what to do. I've managed to drink 3 litres of water so far too, which is good. Going to pick up my little girl from my mom's now. No doubt my mom's cooked something nice.:eek: If she has chicken, I will maybe have a bit of chicken and lettuce as a meal. Mmmm.... mouth watering now!

Looking forward to watching Strictly Come dancing (coz Peter Andre is performing!:eek:) and then catching up on X Factor.
Have a fantastic evening, all. x

Thanx for the simple instructions for me, lol.

I am on night shifts next week so hope i can snap back into diet mode before then.

Off to get tea out the way before xfactor:D

Sounds like a good evening ahead on the telly! We just had screaming tantrums from Eva because I made her pasta for tea. Refusing all food. Great. She can eat and refuses, I cant and want to!! haha!

Have eaten a fairy cake.

Feel dreadful so not having my dinner tonight and only having my 3rd CD meal to compensate. I mustn't get into picking again!!

Enjoy your evening!x

Hi Cookie, you're doing really well. Don't worry about your little blip. Sounds like you've compensated for it. Yes, had the same probs with Jess re eating, but she's been ok lately, thank goodness. She loves the Dora pasta in tomato sauce at the mo.

Bump - off the wagon! :-(

So, after being good all day, my hubby decided to fall asleep whilst we were watching X Factor and Extra Factor last night. I was then faced with an open packet of my favourite crisps and some Haribos that my hubby had opened plus the fact that during my TOM I frantically crave these foods. I am ashamed to say that I could not resist them and I've messed up once again. :cry: This is absolutely ridiculous! What is wrong with me!!!!:mad: I'm hoping I've not done too much damage, but now I have to start from scratch getting back in ketosis.

My weigh in is tomorrow, and I'm really really nervous about it. I just have visions of me going in and finding out that I haven't lost anything at all!!:eek: I will be happy with 3 or 4lbs, but I just hope that after last night that's still possible.

I'm working nightshift tonight, so it's going to be really hard. I'm up right now because my little girl woke up. My hubby is still asleep. I now face trying to stretch out 4 packs over 20 hours or so. My weigh in is at 11am tomorrow morning, so at least I'll have an hour or so to sleep before I go.
I'm not going to dwell on last night, otherwise I may just stray again. I've decided not to have a meal today, just packs, so I have my Strawberry Tetra, Choc Tetra, Choc chewy bar and Veg soup for today. Wish me luck!
Hope you all have a good day. :)

Hello again, well I'm on my first night of 5 at the moment, and I'm pleased to say that I am back on track. I managed not to have anything during the day and have just had my first Tetra. I had a couple of cups of coffee and some water, then managed to get some much-needed sleep. It broke my heart to tell my little girl that her mom has to sleep for work, as she told me "no, mommy, Jessie wants mommy to play with me". :(
Anyway, hopefully this night goes well. I'm still quite nervous for my weigh in tomorrow. I still would love to have lost at least 3-4lbs to get back to my stone. Fingers crossed!
Wish I was at home tonight, as I'm missing X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing results, but I guess I'm "safer" here at work as I have no snacks around me.
Have a good night, everyone. :)

Hope you have a reasonable night, Tessieg1.I wouldn't have been able to resist the crisps, you would have to have been made of steel to resisit that!
Good luck for the mornings weigh-in.

Back