Tess' Cambridge Diet Journey to a healthy me

Thanks Delicious-Jaxx. So far, so good, so I'm hoping that the damage I caused last night will be minimized overnight. Fingers crossed! Will post on here tomorrow morning once I've been to weigh in. Have a good evening. :)

Hello everyone, I'm pleased to announce that I lost 3lbs this week! I've now lost the weigh I put on in the 2 weeks I was off CD. My CDC and I had a long chat and I'm going to try my hardest to get through this week with no blips - that's my aim. We've also set a target of losing 3lbs per week till Christmas. I feel that is achievable for me, as my weightloss isn't as quick as everyone elses. That way I could potentially lose 2st for Christmas! What a wonderful Christmas present that would be.
I'm determined to do this now. Enough messing around! I've written a list of my goals and am keeping it with me so I can read it when I feel depressed or feel the need to eat.
Right, back to work now. A long nightshift ahead. Think I'm going to have my strawberry tetra to start off with. I also have my choc bar, choc mint (which I might make into a mousse or have warm), and my veggie soup for "lunch".
Have a good evening all. :D

Emotional Day, but didn't eat

Today was a very emotional day for me. I found out that my hubby wrote an email to his mom in South Africa telling her that the only reason he hasn't gone back yet is Jess (my daughter). He apparently feels that I work too many hours. This has really shaken me as, yes I am doing a lot of hours, but it's to try and pay the debts and get by on a monthly basis. I know he's been acting a bit strange and cold towards me the last few days, but I thought it was just work-pressure/winter, etc. His mom apparently thinks that he's basically raising Jess single-handedly, which makes me really angry as he doesn't spend that much time with her at all!!!:mad: I'm the one that does everything for her, I'm the one that tries and keeps the house running, I'm the one that is trying to do everything I can to make our lives better!!!! I don't know what do do anymore. I feel like just telling him to go back to South Africa, and let Jess and I get on with our lives. I don't think he'd go without Jess though.
What a mess. Is this my fault? I'm so confused and hurt. I'm trying to hold it together as I'm at work at the moment and I can't let people see me upset or in tears.
Usually times like this I grab food. As it stands, my throat is "closed", so I can't face eating anything. I've just had my tetra.
Sorry for the rant, people. I just needed the release. Have a good evening.

I'm so sorry hun, but you know, sometimes relationships (esp parent-child ones) are complicated... and they complicate couples' relationships even more so. Just take a deep breath, a drink of water and maybe let it go, at least until you get home. Good going for not giving in to the frustration munchies!!! you go you!

Thanks my dear friends, I appreciate your support. :grouphugg:

Oh Tessie, I'm so sorry you are so upset.
It sounds like you are working so hard for your little family, only to be kicked in the teeth. Your OH is damned ungrateful !!!
It may be that he is using your hours just as an excuse for underlying problems but it is still a bit feeble of him to go squealing to his mummy instead of talking to you though.
I don't know what to advise as only you know your relationship properly, but i do know that imagined fears and misunderstandings can do more harm then the real ones, so maybe tell him what you know and talk it out thoroughly (but pick your moment so you are both calm ?)
I wish I could be more help. You are always so kind and supportive and take the time to post on peoples diaries. You don't deserve this crap. Be strong and have faith in yourself. We are all here for you xxx

Farmgirl, thanks so much for your lovely post. It just made me cry. :eek: I know you know what I'm going through, and it really helps. I am going to try and talk to him. To be honest, communication is not very good between us at all at the moment. His mom obviously supports him and she has send me a few emails saying we need to talk things through and maybe I should think about whether we're both happy here in England and perhaps start over in South Africa! It's true that in a way we were happier in South Africa. The way of life (socially) is amazing, but I can't justify going back to poverty. Not when I have a 2 year old daughter to raise. If that makes me a bad person, then so be it.
Sorry, I'm rambling on again. Once again, thank you. Your post meant a lot to me. x

Oh Tess I am so sorry. Just read your post. I can relate a little - I feel I do everything here too, and am always saying I work just as hard as my husband plus have the house to run and Eva to deal with and now also having to do all the 'practical' stuff too to our house as he is totally rubbish at it!
But anyway, best thing to do is talk to each other. Try to hear him out, try to make him hear you. We are not very good at that and we end up yelling, but when we can talk we sort it out. Try and listen to each other and come to a compromise?
Oh I do feel for you. Dont even try to do your diet with it going on - you need your strength.
Big hugxx

Oh Tess I am so sorry. Just read your post. I can relate a little - I feel I do everything here too, and am always saying I work just as hard as my husband plus have the house to run and Eva to deal with and now also having to do all the 'practical' stuff too to our house as he is totally rubbish at it!
But anyway, best thing to do is talk to each other. Try to hear him out, try to make him hear you. We are not very good at that and we end up yelling, but when we can talk we sort it out. Try and listen to each other and come to a compromise?
Oh I do feel for you. Dont even try to do your diet with it going on - you need your strength.
Big hugxx

Hi Cookie, thanks very much for your message. We haven't actually spoken more than a few words to each other the last couple of days. It's been difficult with my working to be honest. I get home and then 15mins later he's on his way to work. I am definitely going to try and talk to him. Not quite sure how to start as it feels pretty awkward. I'm just sad that it's got to this. Not sure how we're going to sort this out, to be honest. I do love him, but sometimes I wonder if that's enough. I've cancelled the rest of my overtime shift for October/November to see if that makes any difference, so time will tell.
I'm actually finding that I'm doing better on CD at the moment as I don't actually have a desire to eat. I think CD is keeping me in control and sane at the moment. :eek:

Well, I'm still feeling kinda down after a rough day yesterday. Surprisingly the one thing that I've been able to stick to without any problem is CD! I've had no desire to pick or cheat at all the last couple of days, which is great. I've got a 5-day week this week, so I'm hoping I meet my target of 3lbs. I did weigh myself this morning and it shows a 2lb loss, but the CDC's scales are always a lb higher than mine. Roll on Saturday. I've had my strawberry tetra and my choc bar today so far. Still have veg soup and choc mint mousse for the rest of my shift. Yummy.

As you can tell, I'm on nights again tonight and also tomorrow night, but then I don't have any further overtime booked for a while. Looking forward to having the time off and spending this time with my beautiful daughter.
Hope you're all having a good evening.
Chat soon. x

Hi Tess
I hope you are alright today, after your night shift.
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with your husband.
It must have been a shock to hear that, especially from your mother in law.
I agree with the others, you obviously work hard, you work nights, and have a small child to look after. I think you should feel very proud of yourself!! I certainly wouldn't be able to juggle all that and do CD too.

I hope your hubby comes to his senses and see's all that you do for your family.
I think you are doing really well and very well done with your restart, well done on your 3lb (or more!) loss so far. xx

Hi Miss-R, thanks so much for your support. I really appreciate it.
Things are still pretty strained at home, but that's to be expected as hubby and I haven't had chance to sit and talk yet. I'm off tomorrow, so guess it will be tomorrow evening that we battle things out. I'm feeling very apprehensive about it, to be honest. I hate confrontation.

It is difficult juggling everything, but it doesn't seem as if my hubby realises or appreciates it. I do feel like a bad mom sometimes as I don't spend as much time as I'd like to with my baby girl. I'm going to make an effort now to spend more quality time with her (and depending if we can sort things out, hubby too).

I finished my nightshift a bit earlier last night, so went to Tescos this morning at about 4am to get some groceries so I didn't need to get up during the day. The funniest thing happened. I bought a packet of McCoys, which are my favourite crisps, but found that once I got home I really didn't want them!!!:D I put them in for my hubby for lunch. Feel very proud of myself for doing that.

I'm glad it's my last nightshift tonight, though. Really need some "me" time.
Anyway, have a good night, everyone. :)

Hey lovely girl, sorry I havent been reading your thread as often as I could have - I wish I had of been there for the previous entries to offer my love and support.
Hugs and loves - anytime xx
Kirstyx

Hi Kirsty, thanks very much, I really appreciate your support. It makes a huge difference to know I've got such lovely friends here on minimins. x

Good morning, lovely people, hope you are well.
Haven't had to chance to post on here over the last couple of days apart from giving an update on my weigh in.

I've lost 4lbs this week to make it 18lbs and I have now lost 2st since Feb! (was on WW to start with). I'm really feeling quite pleased with myself.

I'm at work at the moment, on the start of my dayshifts. I do wish I was off today with my hubby and daughter.

An update on the situation between my hubby and I: we had a long heart to heart on Friday and we've managed to work through a few things. Work in progress at the moment, but at least things are less stressful. Thanks to everyone who offered their support.

Had a WII night with our friends last night and I really enjoyed it. We played Just Dance, tennis, bowling, and a few others. I wouldn't have had the confidence to do the Just Dance in front of everyone a few months ago.

I had a tiny bit of pizza last night whilst everyone else was eating, but I'm not beating myself up about it. I actually think I exercised quite a bit of control, as I usually would've had 3 or 4 slices of pizza. I'm armed with my packs for the day and still feeling motivated and focussed.

Hope you have a good day today, my friends. Will catch up with your diaries during the course of the day - inbetween work. :)

ooooooh so it was only a small bit pizza? So what - calories on saturday dont count! lol
We bought the new wii party game and played with the family last night. What a laugh. Im glad you felt good about participating.....thats what we all miss isnt it?
Hugs to you my lovely girl xx

Oooh, Tessie, you're doing so well!
It's not easy to juggle work, OH and kids. Also house, weight, friends (if you have any left after juggling all the other bits!)...

Keep up the sunny disposition and you'll be great!

ooooooh so it was only a small bit pizza? So what - calories on saturday dont count! lol
We bought the new wii party game and played with the family last night. What a laugh. Im glad you felt good about participating.....thats what we all miss isnt it?
Hugs to you my lovely girl xx

Hehe, thanks Rumbly, yes it was only a small bit of pizza although I really wanted a BIG bit! LOL. I love the WII and I'm hoping "Santa" brings me the Just Dance2 or WII Fit and board for Christmas.;) I'll just have to be an extra good girl, I think.:D
Hugz right back at ya. x

Oooh, Tessie, you're doing so well!
It's not easy to juggle work, OH and kids. Also house, weight, friends (if you have any left after juggling all the other bits!)...

Keep up the sunny disposition and you'll be great!

Thanks very much, Hon, it's been a bit of a struggle to start with, but think I'm finally on a roll. Yes, it is bit of a struggle to be honest, but I am trying to make the most out of a bad situation and determined to do what I need to do.
Have a good day. :)
Ps: I saw your ticker and absolutely loved it so I've created one for me too. Thanks very much, and I hope you don't mind...:eek:

Back