TFR Hints and Tips

Heero_Luva

Hi all,

I am here for a second time round and again have realised just how difficult this diet is.

Does anyone have any hints and tips to making the next few months slightly more bearable?

Hints for men are welcomed as well as my partner will be starting in 6 days.

Hiya! Welcome back & good luck your second time around!

When you say you want some hints & tips what exactly do you mean? Like things to keep you occupied? Or shake tips?

If you ever need support come here asap! Everyone here is great & will help you in any way we can.

Always carry a bottle of water with you, I find this helps a lot. That's the first thing in my bag before I step out the door! Lol. xxxx

hi becki, i too am on my second time round on LT & with not having a job for the 1st time in my life am finding it very difficult to keep occupied. I find having a lovely bath can kill an hour, reading a book or watching a film also really helps, go out for a walk, just do anything to help you forget about food. How long have you been on LT for? Just remember that when ketosis kicks in you'll for much better & not hungry:D

Hi Hero

Welcome and hope you are just as successful second time around.

Like Killercurls says depends what tips you want.

Regarding shakes, I like to have mine with crushed ice; just seems to make it taste so much nicer albiet makes my brain hurt from the cold! I dont add anything at all to my shakes; there are lots of people who have coffee in their vanilla, and other things in their soups, etc...but I have just chosen to be simple and have the shakes and water only.

Killercurls is so right about the water! I have never got a bottle out of my sight. I prefer to fill my bottles up in the morning and take them to work with me and keep them in the fridge. I now take 2 x 1 ltrs and 2 x 500ml and am usually also carrying a 1ltr as well in my handbag!! Big handbag :) I just keep drinking all day long. If you start as soon as you get up you are able to get the 4 litres down.

My philosophy in this venture is that it is only for a season and to try and stay focussed at all times. I had a small blip in Wk 3 and it really made me more determined than I ever have been that I am going to do this!

I keep very busy; I am working all day, and as soon as I get home I get into the allotment, so I am usually sitting down areound 10-11pm and I never ever miss getting onto the forum at least once a day.

It is inspirational, I feel I have met likeminded people who never judge, but do tell me off if it is needed, but mostly encouragement and well meaning is offered.

Dont think of the big picture, think small steps, but big chunks of weight coming off quicker than you can blink.

Dont be fooled (as I know you are not) that it is easy; it isnt easy it is damn hard, but it takes 100% commitment and you will do it.

You no doubt could tell us and help us regarding maintenance and what happened and the pitfalls, etc! So easy for us on here to be all jolly but once we start to eat again that maybe where the hard bit begins? I would like to know what it is like and what to watch out for!

Hang in there and it is nice to see you here and hope you get to where you want.

Someone once said to me "brevity isnt in your vocabulary" - I think I am beginning to realise that! Cant say anything short and sweet!!!!

Have a good day and a good week.

Take care

Hiya and welcome!!

Good luck to you and partner!

My big tip is black coffee, it was a god send to keep my hunger pangs at bay! Although my teeth took a battering during LT, So get a toothpaste that whitens and an enamel strengthening mouthwash, my teeth got very brittle during LT

xxxxx

Thank you everyone. xxx

Great ideas.

I have a newborn so dont know about an hour long bath, half hour sounds great though!

Maybe I will feel better when ketosis kicks in, been on for 2 days now so hopefully another 2 days. Last time day 4 was my magic number.

Good luck everyone! xx

Back