TGI Fridays tomrrow - What to have, what to have..?!

minxie_minx

Aspartame Free
So, lately I've been doing VERY well with my weight loss. Started at the end of April, I lost 3 & a half pounds last week & another 3 and a half this week! Slimmer of the week & I got my 1 & a half stone award! I couldn't believe it! According to my Wii, I'm now in my 'ideal weight' (healthy BMI) however, I have a stone to go to reach my SW goal weight! Now, I'm one of the goody two shoes types - (me & my partner do SW together & unlike the others in the class - we DO NOT cheat, at all - only once when we drove to Scotland)! We never go over the syns etc & I think it's about time we deserve a nice meal out!

We are off to Cheshire Oaks tomorrow - my first time & our friend (who was a TGI Fridays virgin until we took him some months ago) is adamant we go tomorrow, so yes, the table is booked! I'm just wondering what oh what can I have. The old fat me would usually order a huge bucket of Jack Daniels Wings (the share bucket £10.99) all to myself with a coke, lol - oh and maybe a pudding! Now, the healthy me now is thinking I go for the 8oz New York Strip Steak with some veggies or salad with a skewer of the prawns on the side. I really do love the chicken wings though... so I don't know whether to have them as a starter (£5.99 & yes I know the glaze is very very naughty)! I am also DEFINITELY visiting the Lindt (chocolate) store & treating myself, so I'd rather have less syns in TGI's and have a nice big bar of Lindt. I know it's going to be a lot of syns - but recently we drove to Scotland & after a slow weight loss month, I had a Burger King and the weight flew off. I'm convinced it kick started my metabolism & I'm hoping it happens again after tomorrow!

So yeah, if anyone can recommend anything yummy in TGI's I'd be happy! Thanks in advance! My partner (also on the diet & has lost every week - 2 and a half st so far) is saying let your hair down and have what you want, lol - easy for him, he'll have this and still lose! Men lose it easier in my opinion! I'm just a bit scared because I'm doing so well at the minute! Also, has anyone else been good for ages and then had something like a burger king and see it 'help' ? It really did with me, but not something I want to do all the time at all!

If it was me id feel rubbish if I had what I wanted in TGIs as I like the chicken finger BLT! Lol, not SW friendly!
I quiet like the Wiked Cajun Chicken ( I think that's what it's called!) I ask for the sauce on the side & have it with rice & vegetables. It's so yummy & so filling.
Enjoy whatever you decide to have xx

I've never been to TGIF so don't know what food they offer but you bloody deserve a treat! I'm a bit like you, I plod along on slimming world without cheat nights (most people at my class have these weigh in night!) and sticking to my syns every day and if I have a special occasion or invited for a meal out I tell you what, I just enjoy myself and order what I want. Mind you, what I want now is so much different to what I wanted when I was 20stone! For a kick off, I can't manage a pudding after a big main course anymore lol and I can leave chips if I feel I've had enough! So just enjoy your meal out Hun, have your steak and salad and prawn skewer (that sounds very saintly by the way) and have your Lindt and get back on plan the next day :)

Thanks for the message! In the end, we just had a day off SW really. We shared a Tuna/red pepper sandwich on the way there in the car, then when we got there after some shopping, we had a Burger King (!) - I ha the Reg fries, Whopper Junior & some water (just to make myself feel better, haha). In TGI's I ended up going for the wings as a starter & then just the steak with mash & veggies, oh & yeah, I had some Lindt choccies after! We've kept the rest of the chocolate away in the cupboard now and there they'll stay until we deserve a treat again! I'm not a weak person, so for me it's out of sight and out of mind.

It's weird though because after the 283827328 syns yesterday, you can tell RIGHT away that your body is reacting to the strange & different food.. My OH (also on SW) has got tummy cramps today (really, really bad) & is spending most the day on the loo & I feel a bit 'heavy' as well (it's hard to describe - but you KNOW you've been bad)!

I got up this morning, had my water with lemon juice squeezed in as usual & went on the treadmill. I burnt 415cals in half an hour (nearly melted away, so HOT)!! I've been snacking on fruit so far today (strawberries, watermelon, raspberries). I'll have my poached eggs on portobello mushrooms with some beans after & that's it. Complete detox day today! lol - I'm hoping I'm lighter on the scales tomorrow. Both me & the OH were a pound heavier this morning than we were at the last weigh in (last Thurs) - so a lot of Superspeed foods this week!! Panic stations, haha! To be fair though, I was on a roll - half a stone in 2 weeks - so even if I have a small gain (half a pound) I'll be happy, any more & I won't! I would ideally like to lose at least a pound though! Will let you know how it goes! :) & omg, your weight loss is AMAZING! You look amazing in the photo & such a huge loss in a short time! Well done! x

Just quoting you so you see the above message! Well done on the weight loss & thanks :)

We all deserve treats sounds like you had a lovely cheat day lol u could syn the Lindt chocs for normal days though? Xx

I suppose I could really couldn't I? I never use my syns. Always use about 5/6 a day! Yay - choc for me, haha..

I really don't think I could go in to TGIs without having chicken Blt, wings and jack Daniels sauce and the hugggeeee cocktails.

It is my favourite place to eat yumyum

Back