TGI Fridays Tonight?

philly_x

I'm going to TGI's tonight for a friends birthday and I've been having virtually no syns or 5 syns max per day so that I could drink last night and eat out tonight, but im still trying to think of a healthier option to have at TGI's but without compramising!

The right thing to do would probably be to order a salad...but seriously. Who goes to TGI's and orders a salad?!?!?!

I was thinking ribs and not eating my chips, or only a few of them (i can easily leave chips out or replace with salad), or maybe the fajitas? Although I know tortilla syns are quite high.

I dont really want pasta either, I'm not sure what this leaves me with!

Any ideas from anyone would be very much appreciated! Link for menu is below :)

T.G.I. Friday's - Menus - Main menu - Mains - Ribs

Has to be steak surely!

My OH and I should both hit our Club 10s about the same time so were planning on going out for a meal to celebrate - so think a steak could be the way forward! So will either be TGI or Goucho - TGI will def be the cheaper option!

I was just going to suggest steak or grilled chicken. Most chargrilled things taste great. You could ask for extra salad instead of chips. I recently when to Italy for 3 days on a Spa break, stayed in the best hotel with huge buffet lunch and restaurant dinner, and saved myself by sticking to original days with loads of veg and salaed - I ate like a trojan - and I still lost 2Lbs!!! I couldn't beleive it. i stuck to lots of chargrilled meat which I think tastes great! Enjoy xx

I ended up not really being on plan that night. I had JD sesame breaded chicken to start, half a rack of JD ribs (and I did eat my onion rings and about half my chips), and an oreo milkshake for dessert. I just limited myself to 5 syns a day that week, and I lost 1lb so was quite happy with that :)

yeh definitely! I just thought TGI's is one of my favourite places to eat out, but I havent been there in ages, and im finally going and I'm definitely not ordering a salad!! I quite like this strategy for whenever I know im going to be eating out I think! x

mmm sesame chicken strips are lovely! lol
fajits are high as they cook the veggies in a little butter and oil, plus tortillas are high.
carful of ribs too as they are high in fat..

But the main thing is you went out, had what you fancied and still lost! which is great :) well done

Back