Thai curry - coconut milk substitute?

Metermaid

I adore thai red and green curries, but I've just checked on the SW site and a tin of coconut milk is 39 syns!, even if I split into 4 meals, that's alot of syns.

Does anyone have any thai curry recipe suggestions please with a replacement for the coconut milk?

TIA MM

i use the blue dragon low fat coconut milk which is 18 syns for the tin and then split it between 4 its much better hon

there is a green thai curry recipe in the magazine this month. I made it for me and my OH and it was very tasty.

I haven't tried this yet, but I read a thread on another forum where people (one of them was actually Thai and says her family cannot tell the difference...) use soya milk + coconut essence instead of cocount milk. You can use this as a HEx A and not even count the syns :)

I haven't tried this yet, but I read a thread on another forum where people (one of them was actually Thai and says her family cannot tell the difference...) use soya milk + coconut essence instead of cocount milk. You can use this as a HEx A and not even count the syns :)
what a good idea, do you know where she got the coconut essence?

I have been searching for some of this for about a year now LOL! When I add it to my basket on the JA site it wont add :-( Does anyone know where I can get any???? Help!!!!!!

Syn free Thai curry????

SW just became the perfect diet! :D

Oh, he also sells pear, lemon, mango, banana, cherry, raspberry, pineapple and more flavourings! What can we make, I wonder????

I was just flicking though my book and discovered that canned cononut milk is high in syns, but FRESH coconut milk has less syns than skimmed milk!

Does that mean we could use fresh coconut milk as a HE????????????

Back