Thank god for mini mins!!!!

Kankles

Silver Member
Exactly what the title says!

My mother and I were contemplating joining a SW class in Jan, however we were struggling to find a suitable class that did not clash with each others working patterns. So we came to an agreement to try SW at home for a month and then see how we got on.

We've both done SW before but always in a class so being an obsessed snacker I really thought I'd struggle from home knowing I didn't have to face weekly class weigh in, but then I came across this site, and wow what an inspiration and much needed help!

My first week I lived off salad and chicken, never having done EE before, but now since I found mini mins, well delia smith move over!!!

I've now lost 12lbs from home and ive only another 1stone 5 to my target.

even my boss and work colleagues are asking for the recipies for some of the scrumptious food I've been making from the fab threads on here.

So thanks guys! You've all really helped me and my mum and saved us a small fortune into the bargain X

aw thats really great! slimming world is great its saved me!!..well done on your weight loss and good luck for the rest of your journey :bestwishes:

hello, what alovely post, well done on you're lost and good luck for you're plan:D

Thanks everyone! I made the lamb donner kebab tonight for my parents & best friend. Had it with asda wholemeal pitta & salad.

Now my dad is one of the most fussiest eaters ever, and he blooming loved it.

I love EE, it's fab!

I know minimins is an inspiration after a lifetime of struggling with my weight I really think I can do it this time. I have lost a healthy 2lbs per week and have really enjoyed creating special meals for us each night. I am addicted to the recipe threads and love ee it fits in so well with our needs. So thanks to everyone who has posted such fab recipes and tips you are all stars.

Well done on your loss and hurray for minimins recipes!!

TazS said:
Well Done and Good Luck to getting to target :)

Thanks TazS! I'm pushing like crazy! Weigh in Friday and I need 2 more lb to get a stone off and only half an lb to be under 11 stone so i've got 2 milestones this week x

What a lovely post! Minimins and the people on it have helped and inspired me endlessly over the past 16 months I've been on it! I have made great friends and I'm never stuck for a listening ear, a tip or a recipe suggestion! Unfortunately I'm someone who needs (at least I think I do), to attend a weekly class as well, but I think it's fantastic that people can go it alone at home and be successful! I'm so glad I found Minimins and am a part of its community XXX

aislingb said:
Im always happy when im eating :D

Me too! I'm thinking about lunch when I'm having breakfast, thinking about tea when I'm having lunch and thinking about breakfast when I go to bed at night! I don't think I'll ever change! X

Lmao aren't we all! That's why we're all on diets! It's the snacking and picking that got me here!

haha so true :D well we're doing something now and thats the main thing!! when i think of how much crap i was eating before i feel ill!!!

funcurls said:
What a lovely post! Minimins and the people on it have helped and inspired me endlessly over the past 16 months I've been on it! I have made great friends and I'm never stuck for a listening ear, a tip or a recipe suggestion! Unfortunately I'm someone who needs (at least I think I do), to attend a weekly class as well, but I think it's fantastic that people can go it alone at home and be successful! I'm so glad I found Minimins and am a part of its community XXX

Thank you funcurls & congrats on your weightloss so far!

I usually have ZERO willpower but seriously the gorgeous recipies I have found on here have just spurred me on!

It also helps when you start to notice the changes in your clothes, an extra belt hole, or not having to be an acrobat to get jeans on!

For whatever reason it's just clicked this time for me doing it from home but with the support of all the lovely people here and fantabulous ideas it's been like a little cyber class!!!

....I mean who thought of tofu chocolate pudding! But my god it does it for me!

Good luck for your weight loss and thanks for your great words of encouragement x

Everyone on here is a winner whether you've lost loads, lost and put back on, just started out.........we're here because we're doing something about it

OMG if it wasn't for Minimins I would never have heard of tofu chocolate pudding less than 1 min ago!!! *tootles off to recipe section to find out* XxX

Back