Thank you everyone but Miss Jelly Tot is leaving the SW Building

oo what a tempting diet you have stumbled upon but i know deep down my relationship with food is still too delicate and it'd mess with my head!

Sorry to here your leaving sweetie, but youv given it a good go and as other have said.. if its not for you, its not for you... and atleast you may have found somthing that is for you. Thats how you keep weight off!! wishing you the best of luck sweetpea. Keep us updated and make sure you visit! xxxxxxxx

Its caled the Johnsons Up Day Down day diet. One day you have an up day where you eat what you like, the next you have a down day where you limit your calories.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! *cry* Don't leave SW, don't do eeeet!!!!! 500 calories a day is no good for you, every other day or not dude.

I hope it works for you then when you want to maintain come back to SW to learn healthy eating methods to last you for life!

Good luck! xx

Thanks Fern. I will visit and pinch recipe ideas.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! *cry* Don't leave SW, don't do eeeet!!!!! 500 calories a day is no good for you, every other day or not dude.
Lol vixxster, actually its a fantastic diet
Quote from then JUDDD webiste
The Alternate-Day Diet, showed that patients who followed the diet experienced a rapid improvement in their asthma symptoms while also losing weight. In addition, their levels of inflammation and oxidative stress –leading causes of age-related illnesses including heart disease­ – were greatly reduced.
When you reach maintenance you obviously up your allowance.
This is for life :D On SW I personally went mad at target and this diet has actually taught me not to eat until Im stuffed stupid because I can, but to eat sensibly.
Good luck! xx
Thank you x

When you reach maintenance you obviously up your allowance.

This is for life :D On SW I personally went mad at target and this diet has actually taught me not to eat until Im stuffed stupid because I can, but to eat sensibly.

I've just had a quick read of the website, and it just reads to me like another one of these fad ideas - go the Chinese and the chippy one day then eat something like four boiled eggs and 3 sticks of celery the next - that really can't be good for you.

Any restrictive diet will cause you to lose weight, thus making the initial health benefits stand out in the way you describe above. I hope beyond hope that because i've only skimmed the surface of the plan and you know more about it that there's something else there that guarantees your health.

Also, the website has a wierdy flash thing that gives me headache, LOL.

Again hun, good luck on it. xx

EDIT: PS I've just seen that you only weigh 154lbs anyway - assuming you lost around 50lbs with SW. Well bugger me with a feather. :p

EDIT: PS I've just seen that you only weigh 154lbs anyway - assuming you lost around 50lbs with SW. Well bugger me with a feather. :p
Better bend over then because no actually I didn't! I lost it with CD, got to maintenance and moved to Slimming World then after a few weeks quickly put on a stone.
I hope beyond hope that because i've only skimmed the surface of the plan and you know more about it
Yes I do, skimming over it does not give you a proper inside to it.

I came on here to say thank you not to fend my corner for something I belive in :cry:
Even one of the well known moderaters on minimins has spoken to this Dr personally.

The proof will obviously be in time. Good luck in your journey.

If you really believe in it hun there's no need for any sort of fending - just do it and be well! :D Sorry if i've made you feel upset, that was not my intention. Sometimes i'm a little gung-ho.

And if you moved to SW from CD then that's why you put on the stone, the restrictive diet meeting with the non-restrictive diet. Giving your body time to adjust would have seen that sort itself out in time.

Good luck. xx

Just wanted to say good luck on your new diet it sounds interesting

good for you - glad you've found something that works for you... 7lb in a week is fantastic! :D i'll be looking in on you to see how you're doing :) xx

Thanks Mrsmac:D

And if you moved to SW from CD then that's why you put on the stone, the restrictive diet meeting with the non-restrictive diet. Giving your body time to adjust would have seen that sort itself out in time.
No I went up the CD plans, with food, so thats not the reason. I am not pulling SW down (and never had) at all its a fantastic diet but it's not for me. Lets just leave it at that :) x

Last edited:
Can anyone please point me in the direction of the syn free muffins??

Have a look on the recipe subforum. There are lots of different versions - I personally like the ones made with quark rather than yogurt but just have a play and see what you think.

Back