That nice smug feeling

boofyruth

Came to work on the train this morning so started the day tekking across Manchester City Centre instead of sitting in the car.

Now everyone in the office is eating birthday cake and biscuits and I'm not even tempted.

Does anyone else get that nice smug feeling that they are doing the right things to be healthier compared to others around you? Spurs me on to keep going!

Ruth x

I felt very proud of my will power yesterday... one of the girls in the office had baked biscuits and brought them in - they looked and smelled amazing but I resisted and had my 0p sugar free jelly instead and went on to lose 2lbs last night :)

Sx

tullulah said:
I felt very proud of my will power yesterday... one of the girls in the office had baked biscuits and brought them in - they looked and smelled amazing but I resisted and had my 0p sugar free jelly instead and went on to lose 2lbs last night :)

Sx

Brilliant loss. Well done! And keep up that willpower!

Well done on the loss!
I find I'm not even tempted anymore, I have however got into the habit of saying to family members do u really need that, or do u no how many of my pp that would be? I don't think I'm gonna b liked much longer?! :)

sarah88 said:
Well done on the loss!
I find I'm not even tempted anymore, I have however got into the habit of saying to family members do u really need that, or do u no how many of my pp that would be? I don't think I'm gonna b liked much longer?! :)

Ha ha, I know what you mean. People at work must hate me for working out the points in their treats then turning them down. They always want to know the damage, resist for an hour, then eat them about an hour later anyway!

I just tell myself it will be nice for 1 minute but it won't improve my day in anyway, in fact it often make it worse. It always feels much better at the end of the day to know you were 100% angelic :)

That's true, nice for an instant then that's it! I guess that's y ppl binge, make the feeling/ taste last longer!

i know what you mean, i was in the gym today and realised how much exercise it takes to burn a bar of chocolate....too much...hahaha

Haha I'm the same, some friends and family have criticised me for not "treating" myself enough so now when I happily resist stuff I feel great :) lost half a stone in 3 weeks do I must be doing something right, I don't have much encouragement apart from my boyfriend. My sister who is supposed to be dieting as well is always making chocolate things and bringing me cake but I've managed to say no with no effort at all, hopefully it will continue this way. I also say do you know how many points would be I that, to everything, but I don't care if I'm offending if they aren't encouraging me :)

I've only been on WW almost a week, I love the fact I can choose to have chocolate and feel no guilt, for me having the choice means I don't have the chocolate because I'm not feeling deprived!

I do like that sneaky smug feeling inside when you stick to your guns and do the right thing, especially when it leads to a loss! Well done :) Do however feel abit envious when I see my friends munching on naughty things and not gaining a pound! Ah well, I might be slim like them if I stick to being good :)

Back