That time of the month! Does it effect your weigh-ins??

mini505

Not the best topic but mine seems to be really bad at that time of the month. Is there anything I can do about it?

I was thinking about topic like that last few days :D
I have been on SW last 20 weeks and every time I am due my weight is going up no mather what I do or eat, it went up as much as 2 kg one month and as little as 0,5kg one, but it seems to be going quickly after so fingers cross :)

I tend to gain or STS around that time. I've tried to drinking more water, eating more superfree, more syns, less syns and everything else in between. Unfortunately my body has decided that it's going to do what it pleases at that time. I just accept it now and realise that I haven't done bad on that week my body is just against me.

I'm the same as Claire. I either STS or have a miserable loss for the amount of work I feel I put in. I can be sure of a nice surprise the week after, though - IF I can stay away from red wine and chocolate! LOL!! :rolleyes:

lol I knew I wasn't alone and it happens but just accepting it, when i'm working so hard, is a bummer! Just gotta get over it I guess. thanks girls :)

Same thing for me atm 1 pound away from my first stone and my body seems reluctant to let it go! Hopefully I can shift it by Friday and still have a great loss next week... Cross ur fingers

Well I started back to group on Monday and low and behold what happens on my second day on plan....

I hope I still have a loss even if just a little one! but if not I'll look forward to a bigger loss the following week!

fingers crossed!

xx

I tend to lose weight the week im actually on, but gain on quite random weeks! I should really keep a record of when i gain for no reason as then il be prepared for it at least! xx

It's always the week before for me. I either have a little gain, stay the same or very very occassionally lose half a pound. The following week is always a good loss.

Any other time I usually gain on my star week but it's my star week this week so made sure to drink plenty of water to try and not retain much and I lost 3lb?? I was amazed with that! Must remember that for next month ;)

I have massively irregular periods so I never know if it's * or not, but once it comes I see a gain just before, which can be a big gain, or just a half pound! Annoying though!!

not really. feel rubbish but scales dont say anything... some people in class say it affects them big style but then again its because they pig out lol

When I've done slimming clubs in the past and have been losing well I'd would say it use to make me STS or see a gain of half a pound at most but I'd see a big loss the following week, provided I managed to ignore the hormones and stay on track!

I usually gain upto 7lbs I retain loads of water when it's totm! It really peeves me off but then like people have already said it does rectify itself the following week! I try to look at my losses as losses for the full month rather than a weekly thing! But I do find u binge big time when it's totm I just can't seem to get full and want naughty things :)

Several months ago, according to my consultant, SW head office advised them that after some trials & laboratory tests, the few days before, and during TOTM if you stick to green days, you'll feel fuller, and have less cravings than if you're on Red/EE.
I must admit, it did help

Back