that unofficial 80s mayo clinic diet

sammymodo

does anyone know where in could get hold of this diet, also known as the egg diet. i know it was in no way endorsed by the real mayo clinc, but it worked for me back then. it is , or was, high protein low carb, and i could stick to it for some reason, thanks for any help anyione could give me:help2:

i remember doing this with my dad in my teens lol think we did it for about a week if that. think it was like 6 eggs a day or something in any way apart from frying in oil.

think my dad got it off a work colleague he led me on it and as a teen i didnt really know what it consisted of sorry...

Is it me or is that just a limited version of Atkins?

There is a little snippit in the Times today headed:

"Atkins diets really work says study"

Dr Atlins claimed that a high-protein diet forced the body to start burning fat reserves: the ketogenic effect. This has been substantiated by the study led by Alex Johnstone, it is claimed in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.

God bless that ketogenic effect!!!!

I have the original Mayo Clinic diet from the 80's the one that used to photocopied and passed round offices. It's as follows

Breakfast - the same every day, 1 or 2 eggs, half a grapefruit and black coffee

Monday
Lunch - all the fruit you can eat
Dinner - 2 eggs, green salad and one piece of dry toast

Tuesday
Lunch - chicken and tomatoes
Dinner - Steak, tomatoes, green salad and olives

Wednesday
Lunch - eggs, tomatoes and coffee
Dinner - 2 lamb chops, celery, cucumber, tomatoes

Thursday
Lunch same as Monday
Dinner - 2 eggs, cottage cheese, cabbage and a piece of dry toast

Friday
Lunch - Eggs, spinach and coffee
Dinner - White fish, mixed green salad, 1 piece of dry toast

Saturday
Lunch - 2 eggs spinach and coffee
Dinner - steak, celery, tomatoes, and cucumber

Sunday
Lunch - same as Monday
Dinner - chicken, tomatoes, cooked cabbage, grapefruit and coffee

No alcohol allowed, and nothing to be cooked in fat - it's not bad for you at all, if a bit tedious, and is excellent for shifting the flab for a holiday or special occasion

Thank you Karen55 you're a genius - been trying to get hold of this (which I did in the mid 80s) for ages. Portugal in 2 weeks means drastic action is required! Thanks again

How are you getting on LambellaJules?

a few of the girls at work were doing this before christmas (not an ideal time to diet!) I didnt try it then but its looking tempting now!

Do you regain all the weight back when you start eating normal low carb/low cal? xx

Back