Thats is i have had enough -

This diet is brilliant. The best thing ever. I have lost so much weight, but i am about to be defeated by something which really is a pain in the ass.

Serious constipation. I just cant go. Every week i have the same problem and serious battle below.

I need some advice big time or the diet stops here. I can not cope with the pain any longer.

Help please.

Hi Ron,

I had that prob too.....I took about 6 FIbresure capsules a day - 3 in the morning and 3 at night, until I got regular, then continued 3 tablets a day. You can also double that up with 2 Dulcolax again, until regular. Then I kept a fairly regulare schedule after that - always the Fibresure, and DUlcolax about twice a week.

Lots of water, walking helps as do soaks in a warm tub.

It can get better.

Good luck.

hi there
i used physillium husks - a teaspoon mixed in with each shake and never had a problem going. got them from holland and barrett i think
daisy x

The water flavourings contain the laxative inulin - helped me when i experienced the same.

If it is really that bad then I would advise dulcolax. A lot of people have commented that it is very strong so maybe the best thing for you at this stage. I was told by my councilor that water doesn't generally help if the situation is very bad.

Please don't quit because of this, there is always a solution. Keep the faith x x

dulcolax is a last resort as it only actually works on stuff in the small intestine, not things lower down. SO ifyou've been constipated for a while it sould end up with you feeling even worse.

Has your LLC started supplying the fibre drink? I's start with that and add psyllium husks if it's not doing the trick and things WILL get moving.

Make sure you're drinking plenty of water as dehydration contributes significantly to constipation.

If all else fails treat yourself to a colonic. I had one once a month when I was on abstinence and it worked wonders!!

i do think i have a serious problem, because at present i am drinking nearly 3L a day (not including water in my prridge and chilli), plus i have one extra strength Senokot each night, plus i have 2 teaspoons of Whole Psyllium Husks twice a day, but nothing is working.
Is it normal to just go once a week on this diet or even once every 10 days.

Sorry this is a bit personal, but to me this is an issue which needs to be shared and if i cant talk about it here with my friends, then were can i.

Once a week to 10 days has been my trend :eek:.

i do think i have a serious problem, because at present i am drinking nearly 3L a day (not including water in my prridge and chilli), plus i have one extra strength Senokot each night, plus i have 2 teaspoons of Whole Psyllium Husks twice a day, but nothing is working.
Is it normal to just go once a week on this diet or even once every 10 days.

Sorry this is a bit personal, but to me this is an issue which needs to be shared and if i cant talk about it here with my friends, then were can i.

When I was using Psylium, I used 2 desert spoonfullss at least....you might try doubling up.

I sometimes went for days without - never 10 days...but sometimes several. Was not nice.

Dont forget very little is going in. If you are in pain, then you would be backed up - if your just not going, that can be fairly normal. You could always speak to your doc for advice too if you get concerned.

I had the stuck problems and found sometimes using the Dulcolax and other times the Dulcoease helped get out of the rut. Senokot never worked for me at all. Perhaps changing brand would help?

It seems the body can sometimes just stall. I also like Fibresure just to make sure there was something to actually go on.

Like BL said, not a lot is going in and so it's not going to come out! But I do know what the 'bricks in the tummy' thing feels like!

I went maybe once or twice a week throughout abstinence. I didn't get constipated but I did at times feel like I wanted to go but had no push, if that makes sense but it sorted itself out. I did use alot of the water flavourings so maybe that helped me.

Fibresure, changing lax product, upping the water flavouring - you have lots of good advice in the posts above from people who experienced similar.

Hope you find something that suits you and solves the problem.

Kat xx

I know how you feel. When I did CD before I stopped as the pain got too much. This time I have bene more focused and every other day will sit on the toilet for about 25 mintues and think about going and generally speaking it works. I have been in pain once or twice and used movicol which seems to have helped. Hope you get better soon as I know how bad that pain can be!

Back