That's it! I'm In!

LeanneF

Just came back from seeing the nurse and she has just confirmed i am obese! Which is brilliant! That was the final kick up the back side before i see my CDC tomorrow! :bliss:

Out of interest (if you don't mind saying) what was the final straw for you?

Good luck for tomorrow! :) You'll be back to 'overweight' in no time I'm sure! ;)

My journey is a start, stop, start journey.. but it was realising I had gone from being curvy big busted to small and fat... I didn't realise till I had well and truly become round and fat.. I am now 3 stone down from that day and heading to lose the rest. :)

Realisation is a very big thing.. in more than just fat! :) I'm sure you'll love the forum as there is support in every corner.

Don't forget there are challenges and teams to be joined for those little steps along the way and support of course. :)

woohoo fab news not that your obese but starting cd :) ive been trying to lose weight for years now but last xmas really was the last straw when i saw pics of me. but of course i failed last yr due to different reasons but im hoping 09 will be my year :)

Feels so great to take such a positive step, huh?! Finally you can control your weight.

For me there were a few reasons. Firstly I have had enough of being fat. I want to be normal and enjoy my body. Also, cos I'm not seeing my OH for 6 months, I wanted to surprise him when I do see him. And when I was running last summer I couldn't help but think that if I was lighter it would be so much easier getting up those hills, at 16 stone it wasn't easy! And I just want to experience being a size 12 not a size 16!

good luck with CD, u can take control.
what brought me to my senses was when i saw my hol snaps of me in a swimsuit, I looked like a beached whale.lol. I intend to return to Egypt this year just half the size i was.

I think seeing pictures of ourselves will be a common answer to this thread.

The same went for me, seeing pictures of myself from christmas and new years....also the fact that my comfy (used to be baggy) 'fat' clothes were now getting too tight, couldnt bring myself to buy more a size larger!

Back