The 100lb Diary

Ah, that's great! I'm sure you can get 3lbs off by next week. I seem to do one good week and one not so good week, then a good week again. Last time I did SW I had a few maintains and even a couple of gains and that was in the first 12 weeks. This time around I have been losing every week. Probably had something to do with me having a chippy, bottle of coke and chocolate after weigh in every week last time around. I'm not doing that this time, trying to keep my cheat days to once a month and so far it is working.

I was thinking of trying to do 2 x 30 second jogs this weekend and maybe 3 next weekend and hopefully build up from there but I'm not going to rush it. Last time I was able to run 5k I was just over 12 stone and I was fine on the treadmill for months, then I did the park run a few times and ended up getting shin splints so no outdoor running for me, ever again! I have a treadmill at home so no excuses.

That's great news on the heart rate too, nice non scale victory!

Yeah those post weigh in treats can definitely add up mum always asks me if I want to go for a milkshake after lol. I'm usually good on the Friday after weighing it's just the Saturday night drinks that catch me out I guess because I've got a whole week to 'fix it' I get complacent. I did it again last night even with my 3lb target this week, but I set myself a drink limit and stuck to it though which is better than normal.
Losing every week is really good :) I'm worried that my first gain week will send me off track, but will just cross that bridge when I get there. I like the idea of a dedicated monthly cheat day as well.
I found jogging in the very short bursts ok as long as I leave enough walking time in between to catch my breath. This morning I did 2k on treadmill jogging for 40 seconds out of every 2 minutes so already a bit better than my first attempt. It's amazing how quickly you can build (and lose) stamina isn't it? Shin splints doesn't sound very pleasant, at least you're all right on a treadmill at home though :)

Total syns today = 7
That leaves me 41.5 from my weekly total for the rest of the week which I'm happy with.
Going to try and scale back on the red meat a little this week, perhaps swapping it for fish as I haven't been having enough of that.
And some food pics from Saturday and Sunday
IMAG0197.jpg IMAG0198.jpg IMAG0199.jpg IMAG0200.jpg IMAG0201.jpg IMAG0202.jpg

Hiya. Sounds like you're doing great with the jogging. I did one minute and then 45 seconds on Sunday jogging. Was only supposed to try 30 seconds twice. I always seem to have to push myself which is why I end up hurting myself. Must stop doing that.

I think if I didn't weigh on Monday morning I would go nuts over the weekend, but definitely finding the monthly treat is keeping me on track.

I started writing this post on my phone this morning on the bus then realised it was my stop and haven't had time to finish and post until now. Crazy day!

Food is looking good, I'm a red meat fiend too, love it. Not great with fish, I only seem to eat smoked cod, haha. Had cod chips and curry sauce last night, syn free. Was so nice! Need to keep looking for new recipes though, seem to keep having the same things over and over again.

Thanks I was quite surprised at what I can manage, I know it's still a way off being an average fitness level but hey ho it's better than I expected. It's hard not to push yourself, I tend to feel like I haven't done enough if I don't, I made myself take it easier today I just walked with the incline on no jogging. Otherwise I push it too far and end up hating it.
Busy days are always good as there's less time to eat haha. Well less time to eat naughty things anyway :)
Oh yes I love red meat, it's funny I think I eat more of it now than before SW. I'd never bought steak before but can't get enough of it now, I tried sirloin for the first time yesterday (usually I go for the cheapest option but OH bought it for me as a treat) OMG it amazing! Where has it been all my life?! Smoked fish is lovely, salmon is my favourite. Did you make the curry sauce? I can't ever get curry right even with a good recipe lol. Apparently Iceland do a free SW one but they didn't have it when I went.
Oh I forgot to say the other day we'll done switching to an e cig! I switched about 4 -5 years ago and love it

Been good and done some batch cooking today, 6 fish pies made up and I adapted them to be SP friendly - I used butternut mash mixed with a load of cauliflower rice for the topping.

Today's food:

Breakfast - 3 egg omelette stuffed with mushrooms and tomatoes
Lunch - Fish pie with salad and 13g reduced fat cheddar on top (2 syns)
Dinner - Kingsmill wholemeal thin (HexB) with ham, salad, tomato and mayo (1 tbsp lightest, 1 tbsp lighter = 3 syns) and 40g weetabix minis (HexB) with milk (HexA) and an orange options (1.5 syns)
Snacks - coffees with milk from allowance, a pre packed fruit pot, and a muller light, my consultant said it's fine to have one every day on SP if I'm doing it on an ongoing basis.

Total syns = 6.5
Weekly total = 70
Although I am seriously tempted to make another ham salad thin, I've got some sainsburys thins that are only 4.5 syns each so I could and still be within syns... I'm not even really hungry it was just so nice!

20.03.17.B.jpg 20.03.17.BATCH.jpg 20.03.17.L.jpg
20.03.17.D.jpg

Had a pot of quark and highlights after that post -
Daily syns = 7
Weekly syns = 70.5
So that leaves 34.5 for the next 3 days, should be all right.
Really wishing my scales would start to move down, this morning was only 1/4 lb less than Friday. I know I'll see results if I carry on as I have (with the exception of Saturday of course) I just get impatient :whip:

Ah yes the Ecig is great, although I still smoke when I'm having a drink, but I hardly ever drink so I don't mind that. Well done you for quitting too! Although I don't really feel like a non-smoker. Kind of like SW doesn't feel like a diet. Haha!

My dad used to make us sirloin all the time so I got a bit fed up with it. I eat fillet steak from our butcher and its so nice but also really expensive so it's more of a treat maybe once a month.

Bought some xanthan gum from Tesco because I heard it's a syn free alternative to flour for thickening sauces so gonna have to get a steak and try a pepper sauce with that. Can also use it for our gravy with our Sunday roasts.

I didn't make the curry sauce, my husband did. I'll link the recipe later, got it saved on my ipad. I didn't really like the look of it but it tastes amazing. I did say it was syn free but technically there is a cooked apple in it so I think that should be synned but I think probably like 1 syn per portion. Well worth it!

Oh yeah, smoked salmon, can't believe I forgot about it, I love it too, used to do smoked salmon and blinis but now just do smoked salmon and philadelphia light. Absolutely gorgeous!

Hmm, getting hungry now. Hope your day goes well!

Wow you were up early! :O
Thanks for the recipe link - I'll have to try that. I've made myself one rather sad curry since starting and I'm missing it a bit, I'll treat myself to an EE day and make some chips :)
Only having cigs with drink is still really good, especially if you're not much of a drinker. I really need to get out of the habit of Saturday night drinks, it's just become a ritual. Slouch on the sofa, watch Casualty and pour a couple, then after the first 2 having more seems like a better idea than it did before lol. Maybe we could have a takeaway instead, it'd probably be cheaper and I'm sure a chicken kebab would be less syns than what I can drink...
I get worried as the meat gets more expensive that I'm going to overcook and ruin it and waste an expensive cut! Xanthan gum sounds interesting, I will have to keep an eye out for that, watered down quark doesn't make the best sauces so that would be a god send.
Did you get to try the 8 syn lemon cake yet? I need to make another one today before the lemons go off.
Hope you have a good day too :)

Yeah, woke up an hour before my alarm today and couldn't get back to sleep. Had a crazy busy day in work, rearranging our office so emptying cupboards and moving desks and computers, so I didn't have my little walks round the block today, had done enough exercise! Hopefully sleep better tonight too...

One thing to note with the xanthan gum is that you only need a tiny amount, for example instead of 1 tablespoon of flour you would use 1/4 of a teaspoon of the xanthan gum. Apparently it thickens really quick so you can add more if you need to.

I was never really one for drinking in the house, my hubby drinks a couple of glasses of wine with his meal every night but I hate wine, in fact I mostly drink Jaegerbombs when I'm out so it's not exactly suited to sitting watching TV on a Saturday night. Haha.

Uh I hate when that happens :( I had the same on Friday, woke up at 6 and couldn't get back to sleep, I was starving by the time I left my SW group. I wouldn't worry about not getting out around the block, definitely sounds like you've done enough for one day! I think I'll be giving the jogging a miss today, been vacuuming, mopping, getting washing on and off the line all day. Even managed to flip the mattress by myself! Nearly killed me haha.
I will bear (or is it bare? I can never remember) that in mind about the xanthan gum, it would be nice to be able to thicken stuff up, might even allow me to make a decent curry!
Haha no jagerbombs aren't really a 'chilling in front of the TV' drink are they?

Sounds like you've done enough today too! The jogging can definitely wait.

Haven't tried the cake yet, forgot to say before. Have the lemons there but not got around to it yet. Will let you know when we have done it though. It does look lovely!

Trying to up my water intake this week so keep having to get up to pee during the night. Not the best, once Im awake it takes me ages getting back to sleep. Can't seem to turn my stupid brain off!

The cake is good I love it, today's one came out better than my first try. I think I over whisked the eggs it definitely had a souffle quality to it, today's came out more cakey.
That's the worst bit about drinking so much fluid, I try and limit how much I drink in the evening but that seems to be when I'm thirstiest, typical huh.

Today's been a productive day, lots of spring cleaning while I had the house to myself as well some baking and being 100% on plan

Breakfast - Quick and easy threw a fish pie in the oven (10g reduced fat cheddar, 1/4 HexA) and had broccoli with it.
Lunch - Veggie bolognese mix with courgette spaghetti (10g cheese, 1/4 HexA) followed by sweetened quark and fruit. I did have blueberries even though they aren't technically SP but I wasn't going to let them rot.
Dinner - Ham salad thin (HexB) with mayo (1 part light mayo to 2 parts X light mayo, used half so 2 syns) with beans, squaffles, mushrooms, salad and a poached egg.
Snacks - Coffees with 175ml skimmed milk (1/2 HexA), lemon cake slice (1 syn), options (1.5 syns)
Almost certainly going to have another piece of lemon cake before bed (1 syn)

Total Syns = 5.5
Weekly Syns = 76
Still got one more HexB if I want, maybe another ham salad thin I really like those.

Edit: Had both, no regrets :)
Total syns = 7.5
Weekly syns = 78

21.03.17.B.jpg 21.03.17.CAKE.jpg 21.03.17.D.jpg 21.03.17.L.jpg 21.03.17.L2.jpg 21.03.17.S.jpg

Last edited:
I think star week is due and I really want to get my 2 stone on Monday, I was 0.2lbs away from it on Monday there, but today I had no lunch prepared. Had been given a voucher for a free lunch a couple of weeks ago, so I looked at the menu and picked the most SW friendly option. It was so good, Cajun rice with slow smoked beef brisket and some grated cheese and rocket with a side of BBQ beans. I forgot to eat my breakfast this morning so I was ready for it, scoffed the lot. Still pretty stuffed now to be honest.

And they say there's no such thing as a free lunch, just hope I don't pay on the scales. Still, got plenty of time to pull it back.

Your food is looking awesome as usual! It's amazing how much you can eat on this plan, I love it. I really need to learn to cook, I used to leave it all to my hubby but now I've started helping him prep, chopping veg and peeling potatoes and stuff. I'm his sous chef! He's not getting any help tonight though, Im too bloody tired!

I got some tins of Sprite Zero at the weekend, it's about the only diet fizzy drink I don't hate, not going to have it all the time, but once in a while for a treat, if there's a match on or something I will have one. All I drink is water most days, don't like tea or coffee either. I'm too fussy!

Hope you're having a good day!

Today's going good thanks, I had a lay in and didn't get time for a proper meal until about 4pm so just had coffee and lemon cake for breakfast, oops! And got 25 minutes done on the treadmill and managed to jog for 12 and a half of those! Apparently I was very red faced after lol.
Star week is a nightmare for weight loss, for some reason mine came back already this morning :mad: Least it explains why my scales are moving slow this week. Can't wait to lose enough weight to go back to the combined pill.
Oooo your lunch sounds delicious! And doesn't sound too synful for a meal out either. We got some 40% discount vouchers in the post for the Beefeater today, I've put those to one side in case we get a chance to use them. They ought to be quite an SW friendly place to go.
It's never too late to learn :) I have a friend the same age as me and I think the only thing she cooked until a couple of years ago was pot noodles! But she's getting quite comfortable in the kitchen now, always sending pics of her latest bakes bless her.
I like the occasional fizzy drink too but usually go for coke zero(when it's on offer), or as a special treat apple tango is only 1.5 syns per can, well worth it. I wish I could go without coffee, I'd get to have more cheese instead :D

Wow, 12 and a half mins jogging is amazing, look how far you've come already. You'll be running marathons in no time... :p

Might try the apple tango. I can't do Coke Zero, I was so addicted to coke and it just tastes wrong to me. Diet Coke is even worse mind you.

I do mean to learn to cook but my husband is just such a good cook, it makes me sort of nervous that I'll make a mess of it. I used to make spaghetti bolognese or lasagne, but he makes it better than me so I just let him get on with it. Haha!

Thanks I'm really happy with it, starting c25k isn't sounding so unrealistic now. Hah I'm not sure about marathons, they sound like torture to me! Especially down here where it's so hilly! I met a lady last year in her 60's who was still doing all kinds of crazy cross country runs across the South Downs, I can't imagine that now let alone when I'm that age!
I love the Tango, it's a bit dearer to buy by the can but the 2 litre bottles don't taste the same. I agree on the diet coke though that stuff is awful!
Hah to be fair I'd do the same if I mine was happy to cook every night, I think I'd get even fatter on his cooking though :rolleyes:
Off to cook some dinner now, going to have gammon tonight. My plan to cut down on red meat hasn't gone very well has it.

We just had pulled pork with some loaded potato skins, really nice.

Never mind the c25k being realistic, you're probably half way through it without even trying. Marathons would bore me too, my dad used to run them a lot and now he's got terrible arthritis, so that would put me off if nothing else.

First time I did that 5k park run thing I finished behind an 84 year old man, for shame! I did beat him the next time though. Not much of a win, but I'll take what I can get.

Enjoy your gammon!

Ooo sounds good, love pulled pork...Right that's it I am definitely getting definitely getting a slow cooker.

Hehe I'd be happy with that! I took it easy today, just 30 minutes walking - I don't want to overdo it before weigh day as you can retain water for muscle repair if the body needs it and my scales are still being stubborn this week, hoping tomorrow they will look a little more favourable as I have been working quite hard to be good this week.
Hope you're having a good day today :)

Forgot to update last night so:

Late Breakfast - Ham salad thin (HexB + 2 syns mayo), poached egg salad, fruit pot (had some non SP fruit in it but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.)
Lunch (at dinner time) - gammon, pineapple (2.5 syns), mushroom, tomatoes, squaffles, beans.
Dinner (more of a snack platter to watch tele with) - Cheese on toast (1/2 HexB + half HexA), ham salad roll up, fruit, quark with options (0.5 syns), hifi light (1/2 HexB) lemon cake (1 syn)
Snacks - coffees (1/2 HexA), lemon cake (1 syn)

Total syns = 7
Weekly total = 85

22.03.17.B.jpg 22.03.17.D.jpg 22.03.17.L.jpg

Back