The 100lb Diary

Oh definitely better to have the equipment at home I think, I tried gym membership but it just didn't work. It was a pain fitting it around work (worked in a call centre back then), I felt uncomfortable unless it was really quiet, and I had the whole transport issue as no buses do that route (and they stop running to my village about 6pm - really useful!)
Also seeing the treadmill there all day kind of guilt trips me into it, whereas a gym can be an out of sight, out of mind type thing!
The baps sound good, HexB isn't hugely important (in my opinion) as you'll be getting plenty of fibre from fruit & veg anyway.
My scales went up a pound today :( probably just water retention though from hitting the treadmill daily again after a week off so not put off, I did 38 minutes yesterday, a new record for me :) My fitbit actually interprets it as a run rather than a walk now which is nice.
If I remember right Monday is your weigh day? Hope it's gone/goes well :)

Yesterdays food

Breakfast - Well, I didn't eat until about 1pm but I made steak, beans, tomatoes, butternut squash chips and Bisto cauliflower cheese (half now half later, 1.5 syns)
Didn't do lunch as first meal was so later
Dinner - made a packed lunch as we went out (nothing exciting, just out with the radios)
Ham salad thin (HeXB + 2 syns mayo) strawberries, 2 tangerines with sweetened quark, hifi light (1/2 HexB)
Snacks - rest of cauliflower cheese, an options (1.5 syns) hifi bar (1/2 HexB) Hot drinks (HexA) and I accidentally finished that easter egg (13 syns)

Total syns = 18 (but cals 1720)
Weekly 71

02.04.17.jpg

Yeah, I know what you mean. My treadmill is in the dining room but it's more of a junk room at the minute, we have new skirting boards to go down coz my hubby put down new wooden floors downstairs but the skirting boards have been in the junk room since before xmas. We really need to get on that. So for a long time I couldn't get near the treadmill but we have cleared enough space for it now, so there's no excuses.

My back was a bit better today so hopefully that is over with. Did plenty of little walks on my breaks today so no treadmill until my next day off which is Thursday, hope I can do a little jog too. That's fantastic doing 38 minutes! Well done you.

I lost 2.8lbs this week, can't quite believe it, but I feel really bloated now, haven't had a number 2 since Saturday morning, maybe I need more fibre, haha. Had some ryvita this morning but still nothing, sorry for too much information! It's amazing the things you tell complete strangers on the internet...

I wouldn't worry about the slight gain, it will be water retention from the treadmill, sure it will even itself out soon.

Love the way you say you accidentally finished the Easter egg, like you fell with your mouth open and landed on it or something! Haha.

Anyway, hope you have a good night.

Oh I know the junk room problem lol. We have so much that needs to go in the loft, only the loft needs sorting first which I'm not exactly enthusiastic about...
2.8 is awesome, well done! Hah don't worry about TMI - a lot of people at group seem to have the same issue. It could be you need more fibre although I always find fluid and exercise help more with that issue for me.
That's almost exactly what happened with egg, knocked it off the table and right into my mouth, amazing fluke really ;)

Yesterdays food bit

Breakfast - butternut squash soup with chicken + 1 slice of small wholeal bread (1/2 HexB)
Lunch - chilli and garlic stir fry with chicken
Dinner - SP fish pie with chunks of roast butternut squash (1/3 HexA cheese)
Snacks - 3 hifi lights (rest of HexB), muller light, a highlights (2 syns) an options (1.5 syns) both with anchor light spray cream (3 syns total)

Total syns = 6.5
Weekly = 77.5

That is such a fluke, yes! I must try it sometime...

I woke up during the night, the pain in my back was, er, back. Not too impressed. I did have a number 2 though, so not all bad. My back has been fine all day again but I'm thinking it's lying in bed that is making it bad, which is a problem for me coz I love lying in bed! Found some cocodamol but scared to take them coz I think they make you constipated and I don't need that again right now!

Anyway, we are trying turkey bolognese tonight, trying to cut down on the red meat, can't say I'm too excited by the prospect but I'll give it a go! It's in the slow cooker now. Also having some garlic bread with the new 50/50 rolls, looking forward to that! The wholemeal garlic bread rolls were edible but not exactly worth getting excited about...

Hope you've had a good day today! Any more treadmill time?

Well, turkey bolognese was pretty rubbish. Dry, tasteless, not something I want again any time soon. Unfortunately, I have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Great!

Ah what a bummer, anything you can do to zazz it up a bit for tomorrow? Nothing like a naff lunch to spoil your day.
Sorry to hear your backs playing up again, could it be your mattress? A memory foam topper could help, a good one can make a huge difference. If not at least back pain should improve from losing weight so it might sort itself in tine :)
How do you do your garlic bread? I tried frying a slice of bread with garlic and fry light - came out horrid! Haven't tried since lol.
Oh yes I've been good since my lurgy lifted. Used it Fri, Sat and Sun, 40 minute walk yesterday, 2 short half km walks this afternoon to keep my activity level up and c25k week 3 this evening! Coming for that 1 and a half stone award!

Put some flora light (not sure on the syns, probably 1 or 2) and finely chopped garlic and a sprinkling of parsley on the sliced baps. Put in the oven, at 180, for about 6 or 7 mins. I had to ask him, I had no idea. Haha! It wasn't great, I was expecting more from the 50/50 baps to be honest. They were a bit dry. I'll eat the turkey thing as is tomorrow, will put plenty of Parmesan on it, should make it edible, just.

Don't think it's the mattress, have had this for a few years now and never had any problems. Took half a cocodamol so hoping for a good sleep tonight.

Wow, that's great that you're on week 3 of c25k, that 1.5 stone award will be yours in no time! Fingers crossed for Friday!

Thanks for the tip on garlic bread - made it yesterday (had half a white roll synned) with my lasagna it was lovely! Definitely going to be doing that again.
Co-codamol should sort you out, I used to take that a lot when I had gall stones. I can't take it anymore though, since the gallbladder came out it gives me really bad biliary colic - last time I took it I thought I was going to need an ambulance!
No treadmill yesterday, thought a rest day might do me good. Today I plan on doing lots of little 5-10 minute sessions...

Glad you enjoyed the garlic bread, I'm sure it's much nicer on a white roll too. We used to have garlic bagels back when we were super greedy, oh they were so good!!!

I had gallstones too, got my gallbladder out about 7 years ago. Never had pain like that before, I was taking tramadol and it did nothing!

Good idea to have a rest day, and doing the 5-10 minute sessions are probably best the day before weigh in too, hopefully all your hard work will show on the scales tomorrow.

Just had leftovers from our pulled pork last night, absolutely gorgeous! Might have the SW KFC chicken for tea tonight.

It was better than a shop bought one, they never make them garlicky enough. It's horrendous isn't it, that's the kind of pain I get if I take cocodamol now, like a gallstone attack. Kinda weird really, no idea why or how it happens.
Ooo I keep hearing about SW KFC, let me know how it turns out I might have to have a go.
Hope you have a good weekend, off to group in a mo :)

Hiya, had tomato pasta last night, I forgot to defrost the chicken, so having the KFC chicken tonight. It's the recipe off the two chubby cubs site, we had it before (back in January) and it was really nice.

Funny enough, last night felt a bit like a gallstones attack, I was all bloated and uncomfortable and my back was killing. All good again today. Maybe I should be staying off the tablets...

Well, how did your weigh in go?

I'll have to check that website out, I've seen a few tasty looking things from there. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling good, maybe tablets have a bad effect on you too? I think it's reasonably common after gallbladder removal from what I read, although my doctors never put 2 and 2 together when I was still in pain months after surgery.
Weigh in was great! 2.5lbs off and got my 1 and a half stone award :D Puts me 2.2lbs away from my club 10 next... It was a taster today so I was lazy and defrosted some soup last night and took it in a thermos. My mum made an amazing SW orange cheesecake, she better give me that recipe lol.

Ah, congratulations on the 1.5 stone award, that's fantastic! Really pleased for you.

Cheesecake sounds good, you'll have to get the recipe and then post it on here, I fancy trying that.

Hope you have a good weekend!

Congratulations and well done on your stone and a half award!:0clapper::thankyouthankyou::bestwishes:

Thanks everyone :D It's been a bit slow but still had a loss each week, even when I've had a few too many weekend treats :oops: so can't really knock it!
I will post that orange cheesecake recipe when I get hold of it, hopefully it's ok to freeze as otherwise I think I could eat a whole one in a day :p

Hiya hoz, hope you're keeping well! I'm not having the best day, had no lunch or breakfast planned so decided to have a bit of a cheat day. Hoping it will kick start the scales though as they seem to be going up and down a bit the last couple of weeks...

Back on it tomorrow and I've now got six days off work so hopefully plenty of body magic, treadmill and gardening to do, stick to plan and hopefully see a decent loss on Monday!

Heya, I'm doing ok thanks :) sometimes a few extra cals can really help get things moving, the body gets used to the same routine if you don't mix it up a bit now and then. What 'cheat' things did you have? Something good I hope ;)
6 days off sounds awesome! Hopefully the good weather carries on, it's always good to get out in the garden when it's like this.
The weekend was a bit hit and miss for me (as usual!) Went out with my friend for the day to Battle Abbey, we were pretty good just had a couple of pots of tea at the cafe, no food, and LOADS of walking, steak and veg for dinner when we came back... BUT they were offering tasters in the shop so a bottle of ginger wine came back with us, which lead to a few more drinks. I made slimming world burgers later on. I used thins instead of rolls but a lot of burger sauce fell into it :oops: We did go for a long walk Sunday before we dropped her home though.
I've been 100% since, plus still hitting the treadmill so hoping for a small loss tomorrow.

I had a sausage soda for breakfast, then an extra bar of chocolate, a bottle of Coke with my lunch and I got lunch out, the beef brisket with Cajun rice, cheese and rocket. Wasn't too bad with the lunch really. Was ok in the evening, had turkey burgers, chips and pepper sauce. Think it came out around 2200 calories for the day though, oops!

I've been off work today, have had 2 Ryvita (1/2 HEB) - one with some Philadelphia light and one with ham, cheese and some raw onion. Then half a Ripple. Then 10 almonds for an afternoon snack (other 1/2 HEB). Pulled pork with loaded potato skins for dinner and I'm so ready for it! Had a really lazy day though, 2 hour nap in the afternoon, think I needed a good rest!

Sounds like you had a good weekend, I'm sure all the walking will balance out the extra syns for the drinks! Best of luck with weigh in tomorrow, will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Back