The 20K countdown

Week 2 weigh in
I am officially 1.5 kgs (3.3 lbs) lighter than I was last week. Yay! I know some people see 6-8 lbs loss even in their second week, but I am super happy with my loss.
I have a slow metabolism, and I have used that as an excuse all my life. I put on weight even when I breathe. Or so I have said very often. Yes, it's true that my BMR is low (around 1500 cal) which means I can't eat as much as other people without putting on weight. But the truth is that every time my weight has increased , it has been because I have over-eaten. A lot. There is no way any person can have a tub of ice-cream everyday and not put on weight. Low metabolism is not an acceptable reason. The reason I have put on around 10 kgs in the last one year is because I let myself go. I stopped weighing myself. I stopped because I knew what the scales would say. I behaved like an ostrich with my head in the sand while my body kept getting fatter and fatter. So enough of denial. I will accept who I am, slow metabolism and all. My body has been so kind to me all these years (no major illnesses, touch-wood) and I will now be kind to my body for a change. Here's to kindness, self-love and loving our bodies.

Hey peeps!

So my third week in and I messed up on Saturday.... losing a bit of weight gave me the courage to try internet dating... I had a date sat night and needed a drink, I had vodka and water to begin, no big sweat but it ended with cider and 2 slices of pizza. What an idiot I feel terrible. Cheating is definitely not worth the guilt I'm feeling now. That said, knowing my weigh in is Tuesday, it made me reign it back it straight away and not give up completely and drown in take away (my usual trick!). I don't expect to have lost this week but my own fault.
How are you doing Obs? So well done for not cheating! It was week 2 that I had the lull, cheating wasn't because of anything other than my own stupidity.
Welcome Pri and SummerChic, I hope you are doing well, I have also been considering hypnotherapy... would you recommend?
We can do this!! X

Sorry to hear that sweetie. Hope the date was good though. :) Any kind of socializing while on this diet can be a bummer. I have consciously decided not to go out on any dates till I have completed my three months. And that is hard! (I get asked out often enough, even with at my fattest best/worst). I am very focused this time and I don't want any temptations or distractions. (Not to mention the fruity-breath which could be a big turn off). Maybe I'll ease into dates in my third month. But that's still a long way away.
And you're right. Get back on the wagon. One day's indiscretion will not have a significant impact on your loss. And maybe the guilt you're feeling will help you control the next time. All the best for your weigh in tomorrow. xo

Summer chick well done on getting to day 6 today is my day four reli rlei praying will see the 13s on saturday

Obs how ru feeling now? Bit better? X

I am much better, thanks Priya. I think I needed the weekend to recuperate. Despite loads of work and the usual errands I managed to get some rest. So am all charged up and raring to go. Bring it on week 3!

Hey Obs,

How are you fairing? I've been reading your past posts and I've found them inspiring. I've tried a few times to get my self together in the last year, but haven't been in a mental state to commit.

I kept trying and thought I had a handle on things, but it's not until Now knowing the feeling of how committed I feel right now that I know my heart wasn't in it before.

I will put it out there that to get into this mental place I did have a couple of sessions of hypnotherapy. I'm sure it's not for everyone, some years back I would have agreed, but I opened myself up to whatever's around and being receptive to it it put me in a better place to start CWP.

I'm through day five and onto day 6, still up because of the heat, soon I'll be saying week 6 and hopefully at least 20lbs down

Here's to us all

Xxz

Thanks Summerchic. It's great to read people's stories here. Helps with our own story. Isn't it great that we get to be part of this?
I think hypnotherapy is a great idea. Would love to try it out, for my smoking. I find it easier to stick to the diet, but really really hard to give up smoking. Unfortunately, don't know of any good hypnotherapists in my city. Stay strong and keep at it. Before you know you'll be 20lbs lighter even before you complete the 6 weeks!

Week 3 weigh in
Have been super busy with work, so not been able to update my diary. Week 3 weigh in was on Monday. Lost 1.2 kgs (2.6 lbs) this week. Was hoping for more, but the first two weeks have been great so won't complain. Can't believe that three weeks are already done. That's 25% of 3 months. 3 months seems so much more doable now, though it is still a long way away. Have lost some inches as well - mostly on my waist and stomach, some on my hips and thighs. But nothing on the arms. How is it possible? I've lost 6.9 kgs (15.1 lbs) since I started. Am I destined to have old lady fat arms? I hope not! I guess it's early days yet and I should stop get antsy. All in good time. So here goes week 4. Bring it on.

Woo brilliant weight loss. Well done Obs!! I can't wait till I lose 15lbs :)

How are you finding the diet?

Week 4 weigh-in
So. I had a very disappointing weigh-in today morning. I only lost 0.7 khs (1.5 lbs) this week. I have no idea why. I have not cheated. I have been feeling unwell for the past few days and I have a constant nagging headache. I wonder if the body holds on to weight if one is unwell. Work has been relentless, which is good in a way. I haven't had much time to think about anything else. But I have to admit I feel let down. It was one of my closest friend's birthday last Wednesday. She had a party at her house. I went directly from work. I ate a bar in the car and only had plain soda water with ice at the party. It was hard because everyone around was eating and drinking, but I was determined not to cheat. On Friday I had a work event at a fancy five-star hotel. Again, I did not eat any of the food. I resisted the gorgeous food. And oh, how good it all smelt. So yes, I feel let down. I have been good and I hoped I would see a good loss. Apparently, you don't reap what you sow. I know I have to keep going. One bad week means nothing. Next week will be better I hope. On a positive note, I completed four weeks. One third of the 12 weeks over. Yay! But if I keep seeing such low losses I will be still far away from my goal weight. One day at a time I guess.
I also have to start writing here more regularly. Maybe what helps the weight loss is to constantly keep thinking about it. What do you ladies think?

Yes i do agree this forum is a life saver it keeps me busy and gives me a chance to reflect and consider options and talk about things in general.

Well done on resisting hun next week may be a better loss and well done on completig week 4 mine is still two weeks awaybxx

Well done hun u have done so well me not so much got to day 11 n caved due to being ill:(,

It's okay girl. I get the caving in because of not being well. I have almost caved in myself these past few days because I have been feeling so shitty. What helped me was that I have no munchies at home. I live alone, so thankfully don't have to stock food for others. The important thing it to get back to the wagon. And you're so brilliant at that. Come on, you can do this!

Woo brilliant weight loss. Well done Obs!! I can't wait till I lose 15lbs :)

How are you finding the diet?

The diet's okay I guess. So easy some days and so hard on others. I don't really feel hungry but I do miss food. I have such a sweet tooth. But the strange thing is that I am missing salty spicy stuff, not the chocolates or ice-creams. Another 8 weeks of SS. Can't wait for it to get over!

Yes i do agree this forum is a life saver it keeps me busy and gives me a chance to reflect and consider options and talk about things in general.

Well done on resisting hun next week may be a better loss and well done on completig week 4 mine is still two weeks awaybxx

Time whizzes past. Trust me. Seems like the other day it was 2 weeks for me. And now it's 4 weeks. Soon it will be 12 weeks before I realize it. I don't think it's too much time to give to one-self. And no matter how much weight I lose (less or more), I will be much slimmer than I was when I started!

That is so true u r right there thats how i will see it as that as well whatever i get to by week 10 or week 12 i will be better then i am now

Hi All,

Obs, I think to achieve a total loss of 16lbs in 4 weeks is amazing. That really is a significant loss. I know tomorrow I won't have lost much. A lb if I'm lucky in week 3, I'm trying to look at losses averaging over a 4 week period.

So I still have week 4 to go, and my cc weighs me in the evening but I'm looking at morning losses as well. I'll probably confuse myself no end my heigh ho. I do think the body may be adjusting every few weeks and gives less losses but then makes up for it other weeks.

Like you say a day at a time and it's a fast marathon. I have 32 more kg's to lose. Everyone is doing so well, the weeks are flying by and like you said week 10 will be here before you know it.

3rd Weigh in tomorrow need to take 2 readings 1 in the morning the other in the evening for my CC. Then when I see her I'll be on week 4... I can't believe I've done 3 weeks already it feels like a few days..

xxx

Hi

I am starting the CD tomorrow - I am going to meet the consultant tomorrow so am hoping can start right away!

Not sure what to expect!

Hi Eelpie,

You've taken the first step you're taking control and have decided that enough is enough. You know the diet works. Have you read the latest post here. They are very interesting to get you started.

Maybe start a diary of your own detailing your own journey and why your here and doing this now.

Good luck on day 1,

xx

Haven't updated here in so long. So much for my resolve to be more frequent here. To be fair, it has been a very busy week at work. I had a big work event and as the organiser I was very nervous. Everything went well and the Managing Director of my company was pleased. Thankfully, that's behind me and now I can start focusing on myself. I was very well behaved through the week. Resisted all the yummy food at the event on Friday and then had a meltdown yesterday. I had to had to have the chicken in hot garlic sauce yesterday. The yearning was so strong I kept salivating through the morning. Disgusting, I know! I finally gave in. Ordered it from my favourite Chinese restaurant. I had it without any noodles or rice, but I knew it would set me back. The sauce is full of oil and sugar. So to cut a long story short, my taste buds felt appeased. I weighed in today morning, and no weight gain. Yay! I hope I am still in ketosis. Tomorrow's my fifth week weigh in. 12 weeks doesn't seem so far now. But it's another 7 weeks away, so I have to keep strong. 12 weeks is the deal. So close, yet far. At my current weight loss I will still have at least 5 kgs (11 lbs) to my goal weight. I plan to move up to next phase, probably 810 and include a meal. It means that the progress will be slower still, but I have to get back to regular food slowly and steadily.

Hey Obs how are you getting on ?? xxx

Hey SummerChic. You can see from my post above that I am managing to stay afloat. Cheated for the first time in 5 weeks. Hopefully, it won't slow down the loss any further. How are you holding up? xo

Hi

I am starting the CD tomorrow - I am going to meet the consultant tomorrow so am hoping can start right away!

Not sure what to expect!

Hey Eelpie. Hope your meeting with the consultant went well and you've started. The first few days are hard but then it gets much easier. Keep us updated.

Back