The 5:2 Diet - My Feasting and Fasting Diary!

Morning diary. I'm feeling pretty pants today. I woke up feeling quite groggy and have a sore throat / ear and a bad head. Also feeling exhausted. I've been expecting this if I'm honest. The "lurgy" has been doing the rounds in the office for a few weeks now, so it was only a matter of time before it hit me!

I'm never one to bail on a Fast day though - got to get it out of the way and over and done with! I've made a meal plan below but I'm not sure how much I'll stick to it. Not sure I'll even bother with the porridge yet, but I've incorporated it just in case. Today will definitely be a Fast day, no matter what, but my menu may change - I will update accordingly. The main plan is lots of water and fluids throughout the day. And to keep on top of my cold & flu capsules!

Hope everyone has a better day than I'm having lol x

Tuesday 24th February 2015
*Fast Day*

Breakfast (194cals):

- Can of Monster Zero (15)
- Tesco Multigrain Instant Oats (179)

Lunch (48cals):
- Boots Carrots with Lemon & Coriander Houmous (46)
- Bottle of Dr Pepper Zero (2)

Dinner (162cals):
- Pot of M&S Country Vegetable Soup (162)

Other (53cals):
- Milkyway Magic Stars Mini Cookie (53)

Total Calories:
457 / 500

Last edited:
Hope you feel better as the day goes on chick loving the attitude to get the fast out the way thanks for the message will reply properly once my cleaning is done :)
Xxx

Keep your fluids up hun xxxx hope you feel better soon xxx

Boo to the lurgey honey! Well done for sticking to your fast. Probably not a bad day to do it as often when you've got a lurgey, especially a sore throat, eating lots isn't high on the agenda!

Hope you feel better really soon. xx

Thanks everyone, you're all so lovely. I've had a bit of a niggly sore throat for a few days now so I did expect it. Still not nice though!

Just having a cup of black tea as I type. Think I'll be having lots of these today! Tummy is actually starting to rumble a bit, so maybe I will end up having my porridge. Definitely planning on soup for tea too - that always makes you feel better when you're ill doesn't it!?

It's going to be a "tea, bath, bed" kinda night tonight xx

Stevie I get a fab soup from m&s 162 Cals for the pot it's country vegetable ohhh it's so nice I always pick it up just an idea if your by there

image-457328060.jpg

Xxx

Stevie I get a fab soup from m&s 162 Cals for the pot it's country vegetable ohhh it's so nice I always pick it up just an idea if your by there

View attachment 167507

Xxx

Oh fab, thanks honey! Someone else has mentioned a nice BNS soup from M&S too so I think I'll have a wander down there at lunchtime and take a look xxx

Been to M&S and picked up the country vegetable soup as recommended by the lovely Katie - so that will be tea tonight. I haven't had soup in ages, and it's always a good pick-me-up when you're poorly, so I'm looking forward to it!

Will also have some cals left over for a biscuit or something sweet before bed, which is my routine no matter what kind of day it is lol! :)

Enjoy your soup tonight, I miss proper soup on SW :( x

Thanks hun, I'm looking forward to it! I've not had soup in so long - probably because on SW it's seen as being quite "naughty" unless you make your own, and most of the time I just can't be bothered to. I used to get a gorgeous pot of chicken and sweetcorn soup, so I might get that again soon on one of my feast days. Will just have to have less of the French baguette and lashings of butter that I used to have with it lol! xx

Last edited:
Been to M&S and picked up the country vegetable soup as recommended by the lovely Katie - so that will be tea tonight. I haven't had soup in ages, and it's always a good pick-me-up when you're poorly, so I'm looking forward to it! Will also have some cals left over for a biscuit or something sweet before bed, which is my routine no matter what kind of day it is lol! :)
ohhhh I hope you enjoy it I love it piping hot :) Xxx

ohhhh I hope you enjoy it I love it piping hot :) Xxx

It was delicious and I will definitely be buying it again so thank you very much for the recommendation!! It was so filling - I can't believe how much you get in a pot for so little cals! Yummy xxx

Morning diary, happy hump day! It's been a long week so far, but at least we're halfway there now.

Feeling a little better this morning, and pleased that I still managed my Fast yesterday even though I was poorly. I ended the day on 472cals and was very pleased with that!

I've got a yummy Feast day planned for today. This is how it's looking...

Wednesday 25th February 2015
*Feast Day*

Breakfast:
- Can of Monster Zero
- Banana Peanut Butter Overnight Oats

Lunch:
- Tesco Healthy Living Egg & Cress Sandwich
- Sweet Chilli Special K Cracker Crisps
- Kinder Happy Hippo
- Bottle of Dr Pepper Zero

Afternoon Snack:
- 2 x Lotus Biscoff Biscuits

Dinner:
- Quorn Low Fat Sausages served with Mustard Mash, Steam Vegetables (Broccoli, Cauliflower and Carrots), Garden Peas and a Mushroom and Red Onion Gravy
- Graze 'Toffee Apple'

Other:
- Creme Egg Biscuit
- Kinder Happy Hippo

Last edited:
Oh that sounds lovely, how do you do the banana peanut butter overnight oats? They sound amazing!!x

This is my first time making them, so I can't wait to try them for breakfast. They look and smell amazing!!

The basic recipe is 75g banana, 40g porridge oats, 30g peanut butter (I like crunchy!), 125ml almond milk and 1/4 tsp vanilla essence. Mash the banana and then add the other ingredients before mixing well to ensure the peanut butter is evenly distributed. Then just leave them in the fridge overnight to do their thing and they're ready to tuck into the next morning!

I also added 3g chia seeds, but that's optional. And will top with 2g dark chocolate chips before eating, which is again optional. If you miss those out it will save on a few cals.

For the exact ingredients / brands I used, my oats came to 404cals. More than I normally "spend" on a breakfast, but they look so worth it!! Will report back once I've eaten them! xx

They sound amazing Stevie! Cannot wait to hear what they taste like.
And also in 90 days time when I can give them a whirl lol

They sound amazing Stevie! Cannot wait to hear what they taste like.
And also in 90 days time when I can give them a whirl lol

OMG, just tucking in as I type. They are literally amazing!! So peanutty, with just a hint of the banana. The few chocolate chips on the top really add to it too. I cannot wait to make these again!! The recipe also makes a decent sized portion and they are super filling x

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1424855318.886886.jpg

Back