The 5:2 diet

I'm sure you'll do great, I fast Mondays and Wednesdays. I find them easier for me. If I have a naughty day I add in a Friday too. Xxx

Hey Carrie, have you gained other positive outcomes from fasting? For instance do you feel your mind is clearer and do your senses feel more intensely alive and does that make you feel more in touch with the world around you?

I'm sure you'll do great, I fast Mondays and Wednesdays. I find them easier for me. If I have a naughty day I add in a Friday too. Xxx

Hi hun x just wanted to "pop by" to update how my first fast day is going & so far so good! Really can't believe how good I feel today, no lightheadedness, no headache, no hunger pangs!! Evenings r usually my downfall but keeping focussed & telling myself that come tomorrow I'm bk to my SW meals as usual x L x

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Same as you hun! First day going well! So surprised I managed it!
My diary for today:

Breakfast: 125g blueberries & cup of tea
Lunch: weight watchers chicken soup
Tea: 1 slice wm bread 1 boiled egg 2 slices of turkey n laughing cow chs!
Snack: alpen light bar
Calories = 500 exactly (on fitness pal)

Did get a bit hungry in between but water and diet coke helped!

Think thu will be my next fast day!

My diary for today:

Well done u hun! Just had my supper & can't believe how stuffed I feel, actual stomach ache! Also, I took so much more time eating supper, without thinking abt it, because I enjoyed it so much more as I hadn't been eating constantly during the day :eek:
Really enjoyed it today, didn't know how I'd b but feel great & only day 1! :eek:
Thursday's my next fast day 2 x lets do this hun x L x

Hi hun x just wanted to "pop by" to update how my first fast day is going & so far so good! Really can't believe how good I feel today, no lightheadedness, no headache, no hunger pangs!! Evenings r usually my downfall but keeping focussed & telling myself that come tomorrow I'm bk to my SW meals as usual x L x

That's excellent! Your right about the mindset, it's easier when we know we can eat tomorrow! ;) xxx

My diary for today:

Excellent fast menu! Well done! Xxx

I really enjoy doing this I like the way it makes me feel. Its not just the weight loss its the feeling of being more intensely present in my body, lighter and calmer in my mind, this works at a number of levels and in a number of directions at once.

I don't think that 52 diet is that healthy. doesn't sound like it. Tell me how it works out tho. It sounds interesting.

You don't appear to like a lot of diets on here

Well, fast day 2 of my first fast week tomorrow, never thought I'd look forward to only having 500 cals but I actually am!? It's refreshing to not hv 2 think abt food so much for a day :eek: will update as the day goes on x L x

That's excellent! I too am like you in the way I really look forward to my Monday fasts :) xxx

That's excellent! I too am like you in the way I really look forward to my Monday fasts :) xxx

Hi hun x day 2 going well :eek: also, fasting on Monday helped me stay much more in control of what I ate yesterday & Tuesday, I wasn't eating just 4 the sake of it. Really hoping this is the way forward 4 me now. I know it's only wk 1 but we all hv 2 start somewhere x L x

I am presently working on this regime, I like it for a number of reasons, for a start its not complicated which means I don't have to get mentally tied up. I find that fasting gives advantages extra to weight loss. One becomes emotionally and mentally clearer. Like your parents I've found my natural appetite reduced. Some in this thread think that 2 days fasting is not something that can be sustained for a great length of time but fasting has a long history, the orthodox churches in the east for instance fast 2 days a week, that is ordinary believers not just monastics. These are the oldest churches and its people keep to this regime for life. Nevertheless if there is something to do with health or the physical nature of your lifestyle or any other reason that makes this kind of diet detrimental to your well being then there are plenty of alternatives. Anyway all the very best to you.

I totally agree its a kind of relief to not worry about food. I love the way I feel mentally and physically lighter after my fast day.

Morning/afternoon xx
Just a quick question....fast day No2 yesterday, went great! :D however, feeling a bit, well, like a drip today! Not much energy....was wondering if anyone else feels like this after a fast day?
However, I was also wide awake between 3 & 5 this morning, si could just b sleep deprived!? x L x

Morning everyone.
Well, 4lb loss on my first wk of 5:2 along side SW, SO pleased! First proper loss since Christmas. Glad I've found something which works 4 me x L x

Same here not been able to stick to a plan for a while now, although I had a fast day on monday I couldnt have my second one until today but already lost 3lb! I think it encourages you to make healthier choices though on non fast days! X

Definitely, even on the other 5 days I'm really good. Fast day tomorrow, actually looking forward :eek: x

Back