The 7 secrets of successful slimming

Circes

Strutting her stuff
I was browsing parts of the SW website that I haven't visited for some time and came across something I thought would be worthwhile posting.

SW recently did a survey of some target members to find out what they thought made some slimmers more successful than others. The results make for interesting reading and I wholeheartedly agree with them all.

1. Eat a bigger variety of filling foods
  2. Be flexible
  3. Get social support
  4. Do it for you
  5. Plan and monitor regularly
  6. Involve the whole family
  7. Take up regular activity.
Time and again we see posts here from people who are struggling because they are not embracing one or more of these 'secrets'. So why not have a think about what you do and whether you can tick all these boxes?

Thank you for posting this, I need as much help as i can get lol

Agree with you entirely - I've seen these "secrets" before and took them into group, the consultant enlarged the print off and displayed it at all her groups for a while after that - great to be reminded of these "secret" tips - spead the word, we won't keep these tips a secret for long! lol

Best o'luck'n'stuff

I think sometimes its a good idea to go back over your books too as it is easy to get complacent. The week's I take the time to write everything down are the week's I easily drop 3lb+

yeah I need no 7 too. Currently sat on sofa with OH watching telly, reading mags, playing on minimins... ooooh that's not body magic!

Thanks Circes - a little reminder of the basics can really go a long way

Thanks for this bump :D

2. Be flexible
  3. Get social support
  4. Do it for you
Time and again we see posts here from people who are struggling because they are not embracing one or more of these 'secrets'. So why not have a think about what you do and whether you can tick all these boxes?

Brilliant - thanks for this bump.

I need to do number 7 for sure - I'm not too bad at the rest and I try to plan and do meals for everyone in the family but I don't move much!!
Must try to do some more exercise.

I think number 1 is the one that applies to me most in terms of what I need to do, I know that I tend to stick to safe options rather than branching out and trying new recipes or combinations. I will bear that in mind when making my list and menu for shopping tomorrow!

I was browsing parts of the SW website that I haven't visited for some time and came across something I thought would be worthwhile posting.

SW recently did a survey of some target members to find out what they thought made some slimmers more successful than others. The results make for interesting reading and I wholeheartedly agree with them all.

2. Be flexible
  3. Get social support
  4. Do it for you

(bump) Thank you for these reminders :D

Thanks for the helpful tips
I stuggle to get dp to eat sw meals. Last night he ate mash potato made with fat free natural yog and enjoyed it. Instead of butter and milk, I was stunned!
It would make it so much easier to stay on track if he ate healthy too

Thanks for the helpful tips
I stuggle to get dp to eat sw meals. Last night he ate mash potato made with fat free natural yog and enjoyed it. Instead of butter and milk, I was stunned!
It would make it so much easier to stay on track if he ate healthy too
My OH doesn't have any choice really 'cos I do all the cooking and he eats whatever I cook - suppose I'm lucky that he'll eat pretty much anything I put in front of him.

Denise

My OH doesn't have any choice really 'cos I do all the cooking and he eats whatever I cook - suppose I'm lucky that he'll eat pretty much anything I put in front of him.

Denise

Well done Denise, you have trained him well! I will have to try harder with my dp ;)

Great thread - should be made sticky imo :)

Back