The age old question - do u eat your activity points??!

Rissole76

Ok, Im sure this has been asked before, but do you eat your exercise points? And more so, do you have good losses? You see I am in the 13's, and although 1lb a week loss is great, I need to see more to keep me motivated. I enjoy exercising and have started running, and I like the idea of being able to eat back my exercise points if I need them, but I'm a bit scared! Back at the start of Jan I dabbled with calorie counting, I ate to plan 100%, exercised 6 days a week, just for 30 mins per day, and I ate back the cals I earned, and after I weighed in I was EXACTLY THE SAME!! It scarred me for life!! As I want to exercise but I want the scales to be going down. Also last year I started doing kettlebells (which I love) but again, I dropped a dress size, FAB, but stayed the same on the scales!! Now I know its great to lose inches (as my husband reminded me) but when I'm in the 13's and still need to get my weight down to at least 11, I want to see the scales dropping! My plan was to try and lose some weight on the scales then as the goal gets closer, start the kettlebells again to change shape. AARRGGHH! What to do!!

I never eat any of my activities points at all ... You get your dailie and then 49 on top aswel which I think is plenty,.

I don't eat my activities, I don't count them either. For me I don't want to use exercise as an excuse to eat rubbish, and I'm trying to ensure I keep to sensible portions. I exercise to aid weightloss and get fit, not so I can eat extra chocolate lol!! xx

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

i don't eat my activity points either but i do eat all my daily and weekly points.

There's a saying "burn more than your putting in" I dont think it quite makes sense but I think you have to think about the basics of dieting here, healthy food and exercise, just cos you've run a mile doesn't mean go and eat a burger, they go hand in hand or your just cancelling exercise out by eating the calories.
And like pp has said benefit of the weeklies means you don't really need to take those opportunities to treat yourself or go over dailies x

I don't use them but I like to think they're there if I need them without the thought that I've messed up and gone off track......gives me a feeling of control...:)

I gain about 70 activity points a week...... And NEVER eat them! I would struggle! As I make myself eat weeklies as I lose better when I eat them! But it is hard at times to eat them while still eating healthy nourishing foods! Like obviously I could just eat a high fat/cal meal but tht is a bad habit! So I eat my weeklies with healthy foods

Back