The Bars....

Greeneyes11

Gold Member
Okay, I know a lot of people have said that having the bars has not slowed down their weihtloss at all, but mine has definately slowed since I started eating them, now is this because your weightloss slows at a certain point in your diet (just over 4 weeks now and have lost less weight in the last 2 weeks) or is it because I now have the bars. My CD will be seeing me this week, but cannot next week, so I will get 2 weeks supplies, but the question is to have the bars or not.... has anyone had slower weightloss with the bars, given them up and found that their weightloss has increased???

Um I'm confused as to why you think your weightloss is slowing down in the last 2 weeks...you lost 5 lbs in week 2 and also in week 3,in week 4 you lost 3, which is still a really good loss...your weight loss will fluctuate-but it will average out to a stone a month.As long as you're achieving that then I don't think you have anything to worry about with the bars.Personally I find the bars are TOO nice and make me want more so I am limiting myself to 2 a week, but I don't think they'll affect your weight loss.

Ps I'm confused with your ticker too as it says 27 lbs lost but your losses in your siggy add up to 17?Or did you lose some before CD?

Last edited:
I had one a day from week 3 and I've been happy with my weight loss.

Um I'm confused as to why you think your weightloss is slowing down in the last 2 weeks...you lost 5 lbs in week 2 and also in week 3,in week 4 you lost 3, which is still a really good loss...your weight loss will fluctuate-but it will average out to a stone a month.As long as you're achieving that then I don't think you have anything to worry about with the bars.Personally I find the bars are TOO nice and make me want more so I am limiting myself to 2 a week, but I don't think they'll affect your weight loss.

Ps I'm confused with your ticker too as it says 27 lbs lost but your losses in your siggy add up to 17?Or did you lose some before CD?

Agree with all PolishRose said. Also, people do tend to have their biggest losses in week one and two because you are not only losing weight, but also losing any water you're retaining. So it is natural for weight loss to slow a little after the first fortnight. i wouldn't worry too much about it affecting your losses, more about them affecting your hunger and craving levels. If you feel okay and they help you with the diet, then keep having them! You'll still be losing alot quicker than on any other diet. :)

ditto what everyone else above said - sorry to sound b!tchy here, but 8lbs in 2 weeks? I don't think that's slow, I would be more than happy with the "standard" stone a month.

Relax a bit. Enjoy the bars if you are liking them. I would only start worrying if you don't lose at all over a period of weeks.

Take it easy.

Some people are carb sensitive, try not having them for a week and see how it goes i dont have any bars at all (i dont like them) i dont feel like im missing out - give it a go.

I had 2 bars last week, having had none since week 4 and only lost 1lb... Not sure it is definitely them at fault, but I think I'll live without them for a few weeks.

xx

Hey
By the way you have fab losses, and I am slightly unsure about where you think they have slowed down.. Your doing great!

I have a bar most days..... and my weight loss hasnt changed I actually got mine on week 2.

I do have some weeks where I lose 2 lbs and other weeks more but I dont think it has anything to do with the bars.. Saying that everybody is different, perhaps have one every other day and see how you go.

x

Sorry, didn't make myself very clear, I was on a low carb diet before I started CD and was in ketosis then, once I started CD as my carbs were higher, I went out of ketosis and haven't really been back in it since. I lost nearly a stone in weight before I started CD, so that is where my additional weightloss went. When I started CD I didn't lose water etc as I had already lost all that being on the low carb diet, so both week 1 and 2 was genuine weight loss, the slow down I am concerned about is last weeks, and the weight loss I have so far this week which in 5 days is less than 2lb, so it is last weeks 3lb and this weeks weight which seems to have slowed down, not the weeks before.
I guess you are right about losing a lot of weight still, but if I could lose more by not having the bars then I would happily go without, guess all I can do is try it and see.... I am happy with my weightloss, but just want to lose as quickly as possible. Thank you all for your replies.

Hi,

I have been having a bar a day since the beginning of week 3 and seem to be continuing to lose o.k - have just got to 2 1/2st in 8 weeks of SS on CD.

I think anything over 1lb a week is a bonus on any diet and even on a VLCD you may still have STS weeks or smaller losses.

I needed something "solid" to eat every day which is why I started on the bars, if you are happy just on the shakes then it might be worth just having them again and see what happens.

Above all - stick with it!

Take care.

I have been lucky and i dont think the bars have slowed my weight loss down. I have 1 each day at lunchtime and shake for breakfast and tea.

As long as i loose the "standard" stone a month i am more than happy.

i've had the bars since week 2 and i feel they've worked great for me, they're great for me to have at dinner for work i don't like having to make the shakes up as no-oneknows i'm on the diet! try having a week off them and see how you go then you'll know for sure!

In that case I would stop the bars for a week and get into ketosis, and then introduce the bars gradually eg 3 one week, 4 the next...you may be a little more carb sensitive than most.

I have only lost 2lb this week, but unfortunately my CDC is in hospital next week so had to order 2 weeks of food yesterday, I ordered 14 chocolate bars, but I do have a few shakes spare, so may try to go without the bars for a few days and see if this makes a difference.

Okay, so I spoke to my CDC last week and she came round to see if I was in Ketosis and swap my bars for shakes before she went into hospital today. I was not in ketosis despite having been on CD for 5 weeks and keeping to it 100%. She happily swapped the bars for more shakes and so in the last week I have had 1 bar only. Today is WI day, obviously CDC cannot do it, so as I weigh myself each week using my scales too, I have weighed myself. It is my TOTM and I have still lost 5lb, a much better loss than the two previous weeks where I lost 3lb and 2lb... so from now on I am going to avoid the bars and stick only to the shakes... I am happy to do that as my weight loss has more than doubled on last week... lets see how I do in my next week.... my CDC will have a big surprise when she turns up next week...

good result in the end greeneyes,(thumbs up). you must have been carb sensitive.
well done

It's a shame you're so carb sensitive, but at least you know now. Perhaps you can just have one or two bars a week? Anyway, well done on your loss. :)

Different people are more sensitive to certain things than others. Think theres a tiny bit more carbs in a bar so maybe they just dont agree with you. The only reason I ever lost less with a bar is that they make me want more although I only gave in once. Saying that a lot of it can be pure coincidence, and for weightloss to slow after a bit is pretty normal i'd imagine :)

Back