The best diet ever!

Woodsylou

Silver Member
i see a few people are struggling at the moment, but i thought i'd try and lift the mood a little bit!

give us a reason you're happy being on SW.

for me

i feel so much better. i buy things from normal shops now in a size 16 and they always fit! i am so pleased!

i am going on holiday this weekend with lots of girls. and im no-where near as slim as most of them, but im not a big gross blob anymore either!!!

i'm losing slowly but steadily and i know that's the key. it's not hard to stick to and i know the weight will stay off

your go..

i am no longer a size 24 clothes.....and my bra size is a normal back size nearly (and therefore i dont have to use bra extenders anymore!!!) xxx

The best thing about SW for me was that it gave me the tools to eat well for life, and the confidence to put them into practice. It taught me that I could trust myself to eat like a sensible person, without needing to be trapped in the 'on the diet/off the diet' mentality forever.

I no longer 'follow the SW plan', I stopped dieting months ago, but every day of my life I'm putting into practice the absolutely invaluable lessons I learned from the plan. That's the reason I've reached my goal weight, and hopefully the reason I'll stay there (still losing at the moment!).

The physical changes are amazing, but for me it's the psychological changes I love the best. I'll be eternally grateful to SW. :)

im only in week 1 but have done SW a couple of times before. theres loads i love about it but the main thing is being able to eat normally with my family, prepare their meals in a SW fashion and no-one noticing or moaning because they have no clue they are eating any differently. i just had a big sw fry-up and know i will have lost weight when i weigh in. ya just gotta love a plan like that!

I love slimming world and am really proud of myself because I have stuck with it for nearly 5 months now and lost 2 and a half stone.

I can fit into size 14 tops which I have not done in a very long time. And I look and feel good in them!

I love sw because I no longer have to panic 3 weeks before I go on holiday that the airline seat belt wont fit me.

Oh... and all the lovely size 16 clothes I can go bargain hunting for.

Oh and not turning down social invitations because I feel to fat to go.

I could go on :D:D

I love slimming world full stop!! :D

There is nothing I don't like about it - love the benifits of it though!

I am now a perfect size 12 - my bra size is almost the same as it was when I first met my gorgeous hubby & we have been together 9 years now & have 2 children! I honestly never thought i'd be back to the size I was when I met my hubby all those years ago - so for me that's just the best!!

Oh - I have a wardrobe so full of beautiful new clothes!!!!

I love being able to eat.. and not having to count things all the time. On CD, it was shakes and bars, quick loss for me, but bored very quickly - not much willpower for a no food diet! WW, had to count everything.. and with SW, its fab, trying new recipes weekly to keep things exciting and love to cook a large curry for my mates and them eating it with me, and I don't have to count anything in it. Loving it x

All of the above and more!

Going to Alton Towers last week without worrying about fitting in the seat

Going to a sports shop a few days ago and realising that the guys in there weren't staring at me because they thought I was too fat for sports but that they were actually looking quite admiringly *blushes*

Eating curries, thai noodles, sushi, greek meze, portugese barbeque, spanish tapas, italian pasta, moroccan tagines and plain old egg and chips and it all being FREE

Thanks for the positivity boost, doll x

Thank you for starting this post! I started SW 3 weeks ago (the bf is doing it with me) and last night we hit the "urgh i'm on a diet" slump. It's still not easy getting used to avoiding all the "nasties", but at the same time, we can still eat tonnes of food and still have treats AND lose weight.

I've done the whole "not eat very much, drop the weight quicky" diets and the weight just piles back on afterwards because it's a completely unsustainable way to eat, whereas SW gives you the freedom to eat (hell of a lot i might add!) and lose weight whilst learning a maintainable and easy to stick to eating plan for life :) :)

So, we'll get past this slump and stick to the best "diet" out there!

I love the flexibility of the different plans and not having to count everything! It's so liberating being allowed to eat until I'm full; that's definitely going to help keep me on track. I can't deal with being told how much to eat and when (natural rebellious streak!) so I'm hopeful SW is going to work for me!

OT but how busy was it? Going this week myself.
I went on a Tuesday and the kids were still in school so not too bad. Most rides i got on within 15 minutes apart from '13' which we had to queue 1 hour 15 minutes for!!- but most have a board up at the front that tells you how long you will have to wait so you can decide whether to go on it or not.

FYI- 99% of food there is rubbish for SW but near 'Nemesis' there is a jacket spud place and if you have some syns spare they have a Ben and Jerrys too- the chocolate brownie frozen yogurt is 9 syns a scoop but VERY worth it

xxx

I love Slimming World because I can eat loads of yummy fat free meals such as chicken dhansak, creamy chicken korma, spaghetti bolognaise and even desserts that include SYN FREE rice pudding (using the HeA).. Not only this, I am now size 8 and still eating loads!!! That's the best feeling, not worrying about eating pasta and potatoes like these celebs who are scared of carbs ha.. god bless Slimming World :)

I love going to group too, it's fun - it's always a laugh, my consultant is fab for a laugh and when she's offering advice she's not nasty about it..

xxxxxx

I love the fact that I have come down from a 28/30 to a size 12,14/16.
I can eat without thinking that food is naughty!
I can literally climb mountains! Tackled Scarfel Pike, Snowdon and in September Ben Nevis!!
The new friends that I have made both here and at class.

I went on a Tuesday and the kids were still in school so not too bad. Most rides i got on within 15 minutes apart from '13' which we had to queue 1 hour 15 minutes for!!- but most have a board up at the front that tells you how long you will have to wait so you can decide whether to go on it or not.

FYI- 99% of food there is rubbish for SW but near 'Nemesis' there is a jacket spud place and if you have some syns spare they have a Ben and Jerrys too- the chocolate brownie frozen yogurt is 9 syns a scoop but VERY worth it

xxx
Whoaa 15mins is incredible. I went in October without realising it was half term and the queues were ridiculous, only got on 3 rides the whole day.

I'm going on Friday, most people should still be in school and A levels and GCSEs haven't finished yet but you never know Friday is a bit of a bad day as people just take the day off and extend the weekend.

Ben and Jerry's mmm, so expensive at the best of times so I dread to think what he prices would be like at Alton Towers!

I love that last night my skinny aunt and cousins were all drooling over my tea I had taken with me-their house is def not SW friendly!

And that after I had it I was still able to have a biscuit with them :D

What a great thread for us newbies to see why other people love it, I love it so far (day 5) cos I haven't been hungry yet (well apart from this second cos it isn't my break until 630pm) & my leader is a diamond (she rang me on a Sunday after she had a panicked Saturday night email) Can't wait or should I say weight (lol) to be thinner & healthier.

Feeling full of energy. Being able to go in any shop and buy clothes that fit. Not avoiding mirrors any more. People noticing how different I look. Being brave enough to go to the gym and enjoying it.

Can I just say thanks so much for this post! I have been really struggling for about a month now, I have been off plan completely and although I kidded myself for a bit that I was doing fine and maintaining I hit a bit of a wall last week and broke down in tears as nothing would fit (I did have some serious PMT bloating going on too but the extra unhealthy eating pounds did not help one bit!) So I am back on the wagon (again oh again) and doing well so far. Trying to take it one day at a time - one pound at a time and hoping it wont take too long for them to start adding up the right way again!

Back