the BEST free range eggs! YUM!

*Cherry On Top*

Just wanted to show you what my garden girls gave me for breakfast :D
The battery hen welfare trust are constantly looking for homes for these gorgeous girlies who live in terrible conditions for 72 weeks then sent for slaughter without ever seeing sunlight or having a scratch about in the grass. They are very easy to keep and so much fun to watch...not to mention the gorgeous copious eggs! yum!

Attachments

• DSCF0504.jpg
    DSCF0504.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 112
Ah thats wonderful! I so wish I could have chickens, I'd take all the little rescue chickens I could manage. Sadly though we are not permitted in our house.
Sob.

That egg looks gorgeous mmmmmmm. I always buy free range eggs, do prefer to go without if I can't afford it but always try and fit them into my weekly shopping because I need eggs. They are a lifeline for me with SW. My dad sometimes gets eggs for me off a farm friend and they are free range, but not had any in a while.

I have 6 chickens and their eggs are gorgeous - I eat eggs for brekkie or lunch every day, my chickens are so tame too, I love em!!

I also have three hens... and I live in central Bristol. They're not hard to keep, and they are amusing to watch. And the eggs are nothing like what you buy in the shops, they're amazing! I wouldn't be without my girls. :D

That egg looks gorgeous!!

We have hens too. Started with 3 ex batts from BHWT, then acquired another young pullet. Sadly though, the exbatts have been off lay since midsummer. Went through a serious moult, & just havent got going on the eggs again since. Still, they are soooo happy in their home now, & very very tame. I cannot open the back door without being beseiged by hens clamouring for food, regardless of whether I have any or not! One or 2 of them will get up on your lap if you sit down in the garden, just have to watch the poo! We love our girls.

luvving that everyone has chickens i wish i could the eggs look YUM!!

but i live in a wee flat :( no garden (just a bin shed lol) and my flatmate has a cat. so defo no pet chickens 4 me boo :(

X

I have 8 girlies, one cockeral and 2 geese. Apart from the 2 youngest, the others are not laying at the mo, and won't until probably Feb - it's to do with daylight hours and their hormones. My ladies are great fun: I love wandering around the garden with what my son calls my "Chicken Army" Love their eggs too. I think they're the best pets I've ever had

We have 14 chickens as well, they are laying very well at the moment, I have to keep cooking them just to use them up.

Back