The best of intentions...

Daisyboo

I went to a friends house for lunch today - she is doing WW and knows I am trying to lose weight so made a nice 'healthy' lunch of soup and a ham sandwich and tea with WW cookies. So when I got home I looked it up:

1/2 carton Covent Garden Pea & Ham soup = 6.5 syns
2 slices of WW bread = HexB (thank goodness!!)
1 tsp Lurpak lighter = 1 syn
2 WW cookies = 5 syns

ARGHH!! Thankfully I only had 3 syns yesterday so it balances out over all but I really was trying! Lunch is here next time so will try to make it a much more SW friendly meal!

That is only 12.5syns so you are fine! I wouldn't worry about it.
I was expecting you to say you had good intentions but scoffed 30 syns not 12.5!!!

Thats crazy how such a tasteless meal on WW can add up to nearly your days allowance!!!

I did wonder that - she did try to accomodate my diet in her lunch so cant make her something SW friendly but WW deadly!! Was thinking about veg soup with a sandwich? Then get some yummy chocolate & orange muller lights as a treat for pudding?

x

If you make a "no point" soup with lots of veg and tinned toms (free on SW) then have your HEB of bread and then a Muller like you suggested, that would be just fine I bet!

Nah all that is like a whole days allowance on WW!!!!!

Nah Sulley, it should be okay. A veg soup will be no points on WW and a couple of slices of ww bread (will be a HE-B) are just one WW point (I have checked!). Have a slice of ham and some light spread (2 points) and tomato on the sandwich. A muller light is 1½ points.

You could probably pull lunch in for 5 WW points and 1 HE-B and 1 or 2 syns for you (for the spread, no syns if you miss it out!)

Should be fine :)

That certainly sounds like it would work for both of you. I'm new on the forums here but have done WW before (lost 54lbs and gained half of it back), now I'm just starting SW. I reckon it would be possible to blend the 2 - you could even do something like a pasta salad as a large portion of pasta is 5pts (if memory serves!!).

Back