The best thing to do...kids clothes

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I've had a big clear out & have 3 of those big laundry bags full of kids clothes.

They don't fit them anymore & I don't know what is the best thing to do. I need to sell them but don't know whether to:

1) Sell on eBay
2) Carboot sale
3) Sell to a charity that pays £6 a bag
4) Suggestions please..

They are all in good condition & are from the supermarkets, next, lady bird, mothercare etc..

Thanks

depends how much time you have really.
Have you considered NCT sales? They are great for individual items such as coats, swimwear, nice jeans, cardigans etc etc. You would get £1-£4 per item.

the carboot is tough. I have both bought and sold clothes there and when I buy childrens clothes I wont pay anymore than 50p an item. some people only ask for 20p an item. but you will shift a lot in one day. buts its a very tiring day, but bonus is you can sell your other items too.

If you have the time, ebay is the best. Take lots of nice photos and put in bundles you will get the most for them doing that. I sell bundles of about 30 items

remember though, check your postage costs using the royal mail site and some scales. ebay will ONLY allow you to put £4.50 asking price for postage on clothing, no matter how big the bundle, so weigh your bundles before listing them and make sure you're not making a loss on postage. believe me. I've done it and was soooo arsed off with myself!

I've always done bundles as collection only on ebay to avoid postage issues. In my experience, supermarket stuff doesn't sell very well but Next / Gap type labels do. If you were going to do bundles make sure you have enough of a mix of labels in them as I don't think there would be a lot of money in say just a George bundle. Combined with a few better quality items though you should be ok.

Thanks ladies, I've got some Thomas wellies & tops too should I do a Thomas bundle or seperate?

Beegee said:
I'd try separate as Thomas / Bob / Peppa type stuff always seems to go well.

You are a star, thanks. I'd better start sorting in sizes etc & get ironing lol...its going to take a while! I may have to take a day off work & have an ebay sorting day lol xx

Back