The 'BIG' 4 stone Challenge....Anyone can join :)

Hey guys - can i join this challenge please.

The 6th September is my birthday and this challenge is about the weight I need to lose in total.

I would just love to be part of a challenge that will help me stay motivated to be slim for my birthday this year.

I am returning to minimins after a break from trying to slim down. I was trying to get on with CD but failed I am afraid. However, I return totally into my new calorie counting and exercise regime....so fingers crossed.

x

Welcome Puggy. My birthday is at the start of September too so I'm hoping to be looking a lot better by then.

:( Not liking seeing you so down Instant :( But it is so frustrating isnt it!

I also weigh throughout the day - just to keep a check on how im getting on and am also fed up of being how I am, I cried at my 3yr old nephew calling me fat ha ha how pathetic!! but I know I have to carry on and im sure you will too.

My April goal is to lose 8lbs and last week lost 1lb and this week I have stayed the same :sigh: so now thinking what I need to do to push it more, although Im sure my cheesecake eating this weekend hasnt helped!!

So this week no loss.

Hope others do better

x

Hi Nee!

It's my own fault I guess. I know what I should be doing & what I have to do to lose weight, but my motivation has just taken a serious dip. I stay awake half the night, sleep half the day, can't make myself just get up and go jogging or something. Bluntly, I need a kick up the arse :eek:. I'm back on track today though...just going to ignore the scales for a month, stick to my regime, and hopefully be able to lose without obsessing about +1lb on, -1lb off, etc. I'm moving my target for the end of May to 162lbs, which probably isn't a size 14 but seems realistic enough if I work at it :)

I've had a bad couple of weeks too - again with the compulsive weighing which seems to be linked to me eating off plan and somehow still hoping the weight is magically coming off. I can sooooo empathise with you. Lets hope we can both drag ourselves out of the doldrums and start losing again.

Compulsive weighing is the devil - if I've put on 0.4 of a lb, I'm more inclined to just go stuff myself with chocolate or whatever, cos I can't feel any benefit of the diet. I really haven't been doing it long though, so hopefully if I stick it out a while longer my mind/body will get used to it. The amount of exercise etc you have to do to lose even 2lbs a week is just exhausting :(. Better now than never though - We can do it Judith!! :D

Amy x

another 2lbs this week... WOOP WOOP!!!!

still makes me 4.5lbs behind target, but im hoping this week is going to be a good one, so that i can make a dent into that one!!!

hope everyone else is doing ok.

Hiiiiiii!!!

I'd like to join as I have 4 stone to lose altogether hehe

Heres to losing most of the weight by summer!! Ha ha!

Off on my daily walk on my lunch at work shortly - saves from getting bored eh

Hey,

Welcome and goodluck on your jouney :)

Well done on the meal choices. Staying the same is good remember.

God kids are horrible. My son saw some photos of me at the weekend and said he hated to admit how awful I looked "especially your chins". Chins mind, not chin. and that was him being sensitive. :cry:

At least you're holding on Nee and not gaining. Having put on a pound and just about managed to take it off this week I'm fairly demoralized at having wasted two weeks. This is when I have to find some inner willpower to carry on. But it is really tough.

Really trying hard today after an ok-ish weekend with a little bit too much alcohol. Nothing ridiculous just not enough to lose anything. Still got the stupid cold and sore throat so dog walking at a minimum. Also got a heavy weekend coming up so need to get my head on straight for that too.

Have a nice day y'all. xx

At least that pound is gone :) what you doing at the weekend? anything exciting? Im sure if you plan what your doing you can be good and allow a treat too :)

Hey guys - can i join this challenge please.

The 6th September is my birthday and this challenge is about the weight I need to lose in total.

I would just love to be part of a challenge that will help me stay motivated to be slim for my birthday this year.

I am returning to minimins after a break from trying to slim down. I was trying to get on with CD but failed I am afraid. However, I return totally into my new calorie counting and exercise regime....so fingers crossed.

x

Goodluck, sounds like you have the slimming head on so you will do fine :)

Welcome Puggy. My birthday is at the start of September too so I'm hoping to be looking a lot better by then.

And you will YAY x

Great - well us virgo girls will both look good for our birthdays then :D.

x

Hell Yeah :)

Hi Nee!

It's my own fault I guess. I know what I should be doing & what I have to do to lose weight, but my motivation has just taken a serious dip. I stay awake half the night, sleep half the day, can't make myself just get up and go jogging or something. Bluntly, I need a kick up the arse :eek:. I'm back on track today though...just going to ignore the scales for a month, stick to my regime, and hopefully be able to lose without obsessing about +1lb on, -1lb off, etc. I'm moving my target for the end of May to 162lbs, which probably isn't a size 14 but seems realistic enough if I work at it :)

Compulsive weighing is the devil - if I've put on 0.4 of a lb, I'm more inclined to just go stuff myself with chocolate or whatever, cos I can't feel any benefit of the diet. I really haven't been doing it long though, so hopefully if I stick it out a while longer my mind/body will get used to it. The amount of exercise etc you have to do to lose even 2lbs a week is just exhausting :(. Better now than never though - We can do it Judith!! :D

Amy x

It is difficult hun, we all know that so your not alone, and I also am struggling to get out and about.... pure lazyness too I know I can but just cant be bothered hence my weight losses have been alot smaller, but at least your sticking to it and keep it up your motivation will come back as will mine xxxx

another 2lbs this week... WOOP WOOP!!!!

still makes me 4.5lbs behind target, but im hoping this week is going to be a good one, so that i can make a dent into that one!!!

hope everyone else is doing ok.

YAY Well done hun xxxx

------------------------------------------------------------

Morning all!

Yesterday was a good day, I admit I didnt venture outside but food wise I was really good, hoping this afternoon to take the dogs to the beach for a walk - but hoping it stays sunny ;)

I am having the issue of feeling utterly lazy and am abit down too, hoping I snap out of it soon, but regardless I am still eating well/healthy so am at least happy with that :)

Hope everyone has a good day x

Morning all you lovely young things.

Glad to hear you had a good day, Nee and being on the beach today sounds perfect. My weekend thingy is my sister and I staying with another close friend. This means not preparing my own food and eating out and drinking too much. This I think of as "the perfect storm" where all the worst possible factors come together for a disaster. I am going to offer to take lunch for the Saturday and make something which is deceptively light in cals. I think they'll like this so I'll get brownie points and have a bit of extra control. Then I'll sneak in a slimfast for breakfasts and just say I'm not very hungry (please god there isn't pancakes, maple syrup and bacon for breakfast which is my absolute all time fave.)

Jo, everyone has different weigh-in (WI) days so its up to you when you post your weekly loss. Some of us are serial weighers and can tell you to the ounce how much we weigh at any point of the hour/day/week/month. ;)

I weighed in today and I have lost 3 lbs since last week. Yippee - that is the pound I put on and 2 more. l was exceptionally good yesterday coming in at about 1100 cals so that might have just tipped the balance. One more pound to hit my 1 stone mark.

However I have just had a serious blow - someone ran into my car in the bad weather and it has just been in the garage for 3 weeks (ridiculous amount of time). I had said I didn't want a hire car but I couldn't manage for that long so I had to. They just been to pick up the hire car and claim that I have put two (yes two) scratches on it. I said "no way" but they are going to try to charge me for them. I burst into tears with the injustice of it. I was the victim here (my own car was parked outside of my house when someone hit it in the snow) and have had a huge amount of hassle over the whole thing and now my No Claims is at risk. This is just the sort of time I eat my emotions away - the feeling of lack of control over the situation, the sense of injustice, the feeling that no one is listening to me. And the knowledge that there is more hassle to come if I don't want to face handing over a silly amount of money. I'm going out with the dog now to soak up some sunshine and try to calm down.

Hope your day has a better start. xx

Hello!

I put a couple of pounds on last week due to totm-normally I would have worked out to help lose it but I have a few personal problems going on :( I eat when i'm upset so the day before yesterday I had crisps and chocolate and ice cream and yesterday I went to Cafe Rouge to eat and had creme brulee!

However, I jumped on the scales this morning and have managed to stay the same despite eating lots of bad things and doing no exercise. I even fit into my size 14 jeans this morning.

So my weight is 12stone 10 pounds ( I was 12stone 8 pounds and was so happy with that!)- I have had my couple of days to be a miserable so and so and now have to get back to this weight loss-summer is coming and I want to be able to wear nice clothes!

Hello!

I put a couple of pounds on last week due to totm-normally I would have worked out to help lose it but I have a few personal problems going on :( I eat when i'm upset so the day before yesterday I had crisps and chocolate and ice cream and yesterday I went to Cafe Rouge to eat and had creme brulee!

However, I jumped on the scales this morning and have managed to stay the same despite eating lots of bad things and doing no exercise. I even fit into my size 14 jeans this morning.

So my weight is 12stone 10 pounds ( I was 12stone 8 pounds and was so happy with that!)- I have had my couple of days to be a miserable so and so and now have to get back to this weight loss-summer is coming and I want to be able to wear nice clothes!

Don't panic KG - just get back on your plan and forget about the blip. The 2 pounds can't be real (it would be 7000 extra calories) so it will just go away again when its ready. Keep focusing on that summer outfit you want to wear (without the cycle shorts to stop your thighs rubbing together or the teeshirts to cover up your bingo wings) and you'll do it. xx

Hi Judith

I definately haven't eaten an extra 7000 calories-that number looks sooo scary!

Thanks for your words of encouragement :) I'm going for a walk now during my lunch break at work- will pick up some lunch-i'm glad it's sunny, when it's sunny I tend to want to eat salads and light food anyway!

I hope you're right and these 2 pounds go away. I'm going to do my exercise DVD tonight as well-I would really love to go for a run but i'm so embarassed by how I will look that it kinda scares me and puts me off.

I'm also thinking about buying an exercise bike or treadmill. I move flats in July and will hopefully will have a lot more room so I can get one. I'm also starting to grow my own vegetables and herbs :) xx

Hi Judith

I definately haven't eaten an extra 7000 calories-that number looks sooo scary!

Thanks for your words of encouragement :) I'm going for a walk now during my lunch break at work- will pick up some lunch-i'm glad it's sunny, when it's sunny I tend to want to eat salads and light food anyway!

I hope you're right and these 2 pounds go away. I'm going to do my exercise DVD tonight as well-I would really love to go for a run but i'm so embarassed by how I will look that it kinda scares me and puts me off.

I'm also thinking about buying an exercise bike or treadmill. I move flats in July and will hopefully will have a lot more room so I can get one. I'm also starting to grow my own vegetables and herbs :) xx

Way to go KG - you sound much more positive already. I have a treadmill and it spends more times covered in clothes than it does in use but that's cos I have a doggie now. But I know its still there. And a treadmill is much better for your joints than running on the roads. A bike is good too especially if you have it set up in front of Corrie. Veg and herbs? You little earth-mother you....

xx

hey all well had my WI today and ive lost 0.5lb this week, not bad considering ive had a bad weekend, but spent monday and this morning trying to compensate and hopefully next weigh in should show a little nicer result , but i guess i havent gained and its half a lb that i havent got on me anymore :)

hey all well had my WI today and ive lost 0.5lb this week, not bad considering ive had a bad weekend, but spent monday and this morning trying to compensate and hopefully next weigh in should show a little nicer result , but i guess i havent gained and its half a lb that i havent got on me anymore :)

Well done you. Any loss is a good loss. xx

What day do we need to state how much we've lost for the week? hehe X

What ever day you tend to weigh, I weigh on daily but my official WI is on a Monday so thats when I record what my WI is :)

Morning all you lovely young things.

Glad to hear you had a good day, Nee and being on the beach today sounds perfect. My weekend thingy is my sister and I staying with another close friend. This means not preparing my own food and eating out and drinking too much. This I think of as "the perfect storm" where all the worst possible factors come together for a disaster. I am going to offer to take lunch for the Saturday and make something which is deceptively light in cals. I think they'll like this so I'll get brownie points and have a bit of extra control. Then I'll sneak in a slimfast for breakfasts and just say I'm not very hungry (please god there isn't pancakes, maple syrup and bacon for breakfast which is my absolute all time fave.)

Jo, everyone has different weigh-in (WI) days so its up to you when you post your weekly loss. Some of us are serial weighers and can tell you to the ounce how much we weigh at any point of the hour/day/week/month. ;)

I weighed in today and I have lost 3 lbs since last week. Yippee - that is the pound I put on and 2 more. l was exceptionally good yesterday coming in at about 1100 cals so that might have just tipped the balance. One more pound to hit my 1 stone mark.

However I have just had a serious blow - someone ran into my car in the bad weather and it has just been in the garage for 3 weeks (ridiculous amount of time). I had said I didn't want a hire car but I couldn't manage for that long so I had to. They just been to pick up the hire car and claim that I have put two (yes two) scratches on it. I said "no way" but they are going to try to charge me for them. I burst into tears with the injustice of it. I was the victim here (my own car was parked outside of my house when someone hit it in the snow) and have had a huge amount of hassle over the whole thing and now my No Claims is at risk. This is just the sort of time I eat my emotions away - the feeling of lack of control over the situation, the sense of injustice, the feeling that no one is listening to me. And the knowledge that there is more hassle to come if I don't want to face handing over a silly amount of money. I'm going out with the dog now to soak up some sunshine and try to calm down.

Hope your day has a better start. xx

Well done on getting that 3lbs off, go you :D

I think your plan for the weekend will be fine, plus Im sure if you tell them your trying to be abit healthier they will understand, but must admitt if there is pancakes and syrup on offer I would struggle to refuse hee hee

Sorry to hear about the garage with the hire car, what I>D>I>O>T>S and BLEEPS :eek: Hope you get it sorted and try and turn the anger into something positive, and maybe you'll burn some calories whilst doing it :)

Whoop on the 1/2lb gone x

------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

yesterday was a good day but I did have 2 jacket potatoes :eek::eek: for my dinner with tuna and a tiny bit of cheese!

Also the lectric went off yesterday as the landlord does it on a meter and even tho had given him 1 day and a half notice that it was on the emergency he still never came! so was without electric last night for around 4 hours!!!

Glad were looking to move, no internet, no electric.... first class Bleep!!

Hope everyone has a good day

x

Everyones doing well - we can do it!!! Hehehehehe. Love this forum, I make sure to come on everyday to motivate me for the day ahead - works wonders!! X

without this forum i would have given up by now.
this is the soul reason i keep going (other than the want to do it...)

Morning all!
Had a really good day yesterday - I think I felt really motivated by losing weight and thought that it is possible to do this. There was also some discussion on a poker forum about my video trying to win a seat at the World Series of Poker in Vegas in July (watch it please at YouTube - WSOP Video Entry if you get the chance as the more clicks I get the better). And this got me to thinking about what would happen if I did win the seat??!! I simply cannot be the weight I am in the publicity stuff. The last prize I won I had to live with the photos all over the web for weeks and I wanted to die. And I won't know if I have won or not until end of May and I'd have to fly in July so I really have got to make some head way now.

As I don't work regularly I have lots of free time and I have found that using this forum is a real support to me - I think I log on 5/6 times a day! And if I'm really struggling I find a diary I haven't read yet and spend an hour or two browsing that. So thanks for everything guys - I appreciate you all more than you know. Have a good day and remember what Thomas Jefferson said "we never repent having eaten too little" xxx

Judith that all sounds so exciting, goodluck with it all :)

I also check this site throughout the day along with the scales ha ha and it is a massive help and Im so glad I got so many people wanting to join in on losing the weight with me :)

Also forgot to say, When visiting my parents at the weekend, I told them what I plan to lose by Sept as my first 'BIG' goal and they offered to buy me my wedding outfit for my bro's wedding and the cost for travelling down with my OH if I manage to lose the total of 4 stone, so even bigger motivation... just need to budge the weight now !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has been having a great day

x

Judith that all sounds so exciting, goodluck with it all :)

I also check this site throughout the day along with the scales ha ha and it is a massive help and Im so glad I got so many people wanting to join in on losing the weight with me :)

Also forgot to say, When visiting my parents at the weekend, I told them what I plan to lose by Sept as my first 'BIG' goal and they offered to buy me my wedding outfit for my bro's wedding and the cost for travelling down with my OH if I manage to lose the total of 4 stone, so even bigger motivation... just need to budge the weight now !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has been having a great day

x

Wow thats fab Nee... how lovely of them. x

great stuff, im going at it 100% this week as i think next week will be * week so trying to avoid any water weight i definately dont want to see a gain this early on into it it would break my heart, ive just about coped with only losing 1/2lb this week .
i won the raffle at out tues pm WI so along with that and my renewed lust for exercise i wanna see at least 2lbs this coming tuesday
keep up the effort everyone its great knowing i can blurb on about things to you guys here my DH is a bit sick of it so you are my sanctuary! love you guys
Lyns

Back