"The big conversation" :(

Adcro

This is a pretty horrible question, but how many of you have sat down with your partner or family and discussed final arrangements? Not just funeral details and writing up a will etc, but would you know what to do if you were left alone? Literally? Would you know who to call, what to do, ego to inform, insurance details, what to do with the house, how to arrange the funeral, where they'd want to be buried? What headstone etc?

My hubby Phil and I plan to have this discussion tomorrow. It's a
truly horrible thing to have to do, and to even imagine losing your partner, but it's something that will happen one day, as much as we wish it won't, and it's better to get it discussed and planned out in advance, maybe create a 'go to' folder upon the event, telling you all relevant details, wishes, procedures etc than a convo at the very end at a hospital bed etc.

Hate this so much. It hurts to even think about these things.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Don't have much to add as I'm abit too young to start planning this, but was wondering how are you are and how you felt afterwards?
:)

Don't have much to add as I'm abit too young to start planning this, but was wondering how are you are and how you felt afterwards?
:)

In fairness I'm only 32, but you could get hit by a bus tomorrow at any age!

It went well, a bit sad at times but treated as administration, and it feels good that it's now done. We had a day at the seaside afterwards to offset the glum. Much better :)

I'm 23, he's 24.
We both have life insurance payable to 5x our annual wages just to cushion the blow if one of us dies. However a proper plan of what we would do hasn't been made. I think until we get married our parents would arrange everything but for him his parents would have his body flown back to Hong Kong to be buried in his family plot.
I wanna be cremated and scattered in places I loved.
But step by step plan is lacking.

Glad you got through it though ok! I also love the seaside, spent my anniversary last week in Eastbourne :)

Back