The boards are quiet!!

Paulinegin

Gold Member
Do you think Dukan has lost its mojo, or it's just the time of year and we'll be busy, chatty and full of Newbies in January?

Hope it's the latter .... :D

P x

I was just thinking the same thing!! I think it's just the time of year. I'd say this place will be rockin' in January!!

I'm here as per!! About to celebrate my dukan year :)

Im always bloody hear lol

I am still lurking, but agree come January it will probably be a lot busier!

Defo quieter P and boy still missing all the oldies but nowt you can do - kept up with some on FB so know they are alive and kicking but bound to be a few new ones in January and maybe some of the others will be back too!!! Fingers crossed - x

Me too xxx

Yay :D

I haven't started yet due to a lack of food shopping (Mom went today and came back with crisps, chocolate fingers etc :(. Why did I decide to do this at Christmas????)

I'm planning on starting tomorrow. I've read the book and I LOVE meat so I feel fairly confident. However I'm now wondering if I'm insane for attempting this! Is it worth starting it before Christmas as I KNOW I want a few glasses of wine and some potatoes! Would it be reasonable to start tomorrow, have a five day attack, then one day of slight relaxation (Christmas) if I jump back straight on it Boxing day? I know ideally I should wait until new years but I cannot bear the thought of putting on one more pound!

Thanks ladies and gents :) Sorry if I'm being annoying with my Dukann00b status.

Hey Butterfly

Welcome aboard .... but, I say, enjoy your Christmas and then start Dukan in the new year. Stopping and re-starting isn't recommended so hang fire for a few more days then come back with proper Dukan fire in your belly :D

P x

Welcome Butterflybow - kinda agree with P though totally understand your will to get going now and not put any more weight on!!! However, I would maybe start cutting back on your starch in preparation for Dukan but not do attack until after the New Year..... Attack only works amazingly well once and is a great pep up at the start of Dukan because to be honest after that the rate of loss is very similar to other good diets but what is wonderful is the ability you get to avoid 'rubbish' - you just lose the taste for it once your body gets into ketosis!!! Well that is what I found anyway! Good luck with whatever you decide to do - you have come to the right place for advice and friends - could not have done this without MM!

I agree with the ladies. I'd wait. As Trudy pointed out, the Attack phase works really well once, but you risk throwing the plan aside and restarting in the New Year by doing it now. So, for the sake of a week or so, I'd wait and do it right. Enjoy Christmas and then get yourself into the right mind set because you'll need that to get into the run of it.

Good luck!

I know how you feel wanting to start NOW and I'd want to do that too. I know what if I wasn't on a strict diet I would eat EVERYTHING in sight and gain another 10lb over Christmas and new year. You could either be kind o good and eat sensibly until Christmas Day OR go hell for leather and start 100% when you're ready!

Whatever you do, best of luck x x

Hi guys!

Thanks for the advice. I've decided to hold off until boxing day, this will give me a better chance at success I think :) I'm sure I can just about manage a booze- free New Years!

Do you guys think that I would benefit from eating lower carb until then? So say only meat and veg at dinner and less snacks?

You guys are so nice by the way :p

Back