The boards are quiet!!

butterflybow said:
Hi guys!

Thanks for the advice. I've decided to hold off until boxing day, this will give me a better chance at success I think :) I'm sure I can just about manage a booze- free New Years!

Do you guys think that I would benefit from eating lower carb until then? So say only meat and veg at dinner and less snacks?

You guys are so nice by the way :p

You'll not really see the effects of attack if you low carb now. May as well wait till boxing day, since it's just over a week away. X

Thank you :)

I'm curious. How do those who are currently on Dukan survive events like Xmas? It's not the most flexible diet so what do you do if you slip?

I'm starting to get a little panicky :D This diet is made for strong-willed people (which I am not!). I keep switching over in my head which diet it will be. I'm going from a VLCD like S & S to Dukan to Atkins to WW back to Dukan! What worries me about Dukan/Atkins is the fact that I am not a cook in any way and I'm thinking that chunks of meat, as much as I do love me some meat, will not be easy at work. I'm also worried about all the disapproving looks I will get at lunchtime for not doing a standard low-fat diet (I work in a pharmacy). I just can't seem to settle on one, all I know is that I have to lose this weight!

if you love meat then you will like Dukan - lunches can vary from home made pastry free quiche to crispy chicken or a tuna/ chicken salad, soup, boiled eggs etc etc, your colleagues probably wouldn't even notice what your eating for lunch!!!! BUT you do have to commit..... I learnt to cook on Dukan and am used to cooking from scratch every day now and do batches of cottage pie, salmon and broccoli bake, muffins, soups etc etc so I always have stuff to hand.... If you have a microwave at work to use then you will be fine....... Could also do 5PV days/2 PP days so that every day at work you can have veg!!! Just a thought! You do need to decide which diet is gonna work for you..... Think more people would disapprove if you did a VLCD!!! I have done em all and Dukan is the first one to even get me to think about NOT yo-yoing!!! Good luck Butterfly with whatever you decide.......

Honestly, it's not that hard once you get into the swing of it. I go as far as to say it's actually quite easy. Like everything in life, preparation is key. Read as much as you can between now and Boxing Day (I almost called it Stephen's day but then you non Irish wouldn't know what I was talking about, lol)

I eat bread every day. I've mentioned it here before, so at the risk of repeating myself again, have a read of that thread: http://www.minimins.com/dukan-diet/299108-what-do-you-pack-lunch.html#post5807618 (post #15). This has been a life saver for me at work.

If you go a bit mad, put it behind you and start again the next day. You'll be amazed at how little "damage" you actually do by having a one day blip. A 5 day blip, on the other hand, will cause problems :D - So that's why getting back on the horsie, the next day, is important.

Lastly, if you're not sure, come here and ask. You'll get great support here.

Thank you trudyc & minnie_me for your answers. I'm going to do a good research and decide on a plan I think is the mos sustainable.

Good luck in your Dukan over the festive period ladies!

The boards are really quiet but no doubt they will be buzzing again in January and hopefully we will also get some of the "oldies" back - not heard from df for a while and she was always posting on here!

It is a busy time of year and a difficult one where food is concerned. I think there will be a influx in the new year x

I'm back!
Happy New Dukan Year to all!

I can't cope with the notifications on the app!! 36 unread participated threads- cant keep up!! Nice to see newbies though!

I can't cope with the notifications on the app!! 36 unread participated threads- cant keep up!! Nice to see newbies though!

U can turn that off if you use a PC, need to delete the subscriptions to threads and there is an option about unread post alerts as well

Want to keep up but just can't ATM hahah!

Back