The ChamChar Diet Diary - an incentive to keep at it

chamchar

Hello all, I'm brand new to MiniMins and almost as new to the Cambridge Diet. I saw two friends shrinking before my eyes and decided that I had had enough of yo-yo dieting, making good meal choices only to be defeated by incessant snacking, and of talking about goal weights but never getting close.

I never would have done a meal replacement diet before because I felt like it was cheating - I saw it as a quick fix, but I've spent too long being 13st something...and having crept up to almost 14st, I thought, well so what if you need a kick start to get closer to where you want to be.

Like so many of the other members on here I've tried loads of diets before, but I've been about this weight for about 5 years...I vaguely remember being 11 and a half stone, but I can put on weight so quickly with a couple of naughty weeks - why is it I never loose weight as quickly as I put it on - bring on Ketosis.

But I'm not quite there yet. Currently on day 3 of the diet so wanted to share my experiences so far, and see what other people are going through who are starting at the same time.

Start weight: 13st 13lbs
Goal Weight: 11st (seems impossible right now)

Day 1: SS - 3 shakes and a maple pecan porridge.

Well that was a mistake, the maple pecan was not for me, but I forced the whole damn thing down against my gag reflex's better judgement. The rest of the sachets are in a pile waiting to be exchanged for something tastier.

Day 2: SS + 3 shakes, an apple cinnamon porridge, and a cup of tea

I've decided to have the extra 200ml of skimmed milk a day. I'm a tea addict, and the idea of a cuppa without a drop of milk was torture. Apple and cinnamon porridge is a revelation. I'm going to have to work harder to eliminate the lumps of powder but it almost feels like real food.

Day 3: SS + 3 shakes and an apple cinnamon porridge.

Cappuccino shake for breakfast - this time I made a cup of black instant coffee and used that as the liquid. Hurrah, something that tastes like real coffee.

So far I'm not too hungry, drinking loads of water...but I keep reading about recipes, or seeing cookery problems on TV, and realise that if I stick on SS for the 8 weeks - that's 8 weeks before I'm close to having any of my favourite meals.

Hopefully this diary might keep me on the straight and narrow.

This diary will probably get moved to the diary section, but good luck with your journey :)

Tahnks Sinead I've started again in the right section, hopefully moderators will DELETE THIS THREAD

Back