The coming week - let's be adventurous!

Have just been to class (2lb off) and discovered that the Muller choco pack that I have been merily chomping through for the last couple of months has a sneaky syned one in it!! Apparently the cherry one (and obviously my fave) has 2 synns. :cry:

I am now wondering what else I have completely mucked up?

Thanks for posting the list Sleepy - definitely going to try some of those challenges! x

Think I'm going to try a different breakfast each day this week..... don't know how far I'll get as its hard doing different breakfasts with work, but had porridge today, made with milk (haven't had it with milk for ages as normally have magic porridge) and it was gorgeous.

Might have either an omelette or syn free pancakes tomorrow.... fruit and yoghurt on wednesday, muesli on Thursday, rice pudding on friday, cooked breakfast Saturday....and that's like almost there, whatever I don't have tomorrow could be Tuesdays, we also have fruit and fibre in, but will have to check how much of that I'm allowed as a HEB

Sleepy59 said:
Here are the challenges:

1. Read all your books from cover to cover
2. 5 scan bran and 5 glasses of water a week
3. Bowl/mug of syn free soup each day
4. 10 speed foods a day
5. Have a different B choice each day
6. Try a new recipe once a day for 7 days
7. Have fish 4 times this week
8. 30 minutes body magic every day
9. Complete a food diary
10. Change your eating plan for at least 3 days
11. Increase superfree foods to half each day
12. 7 days, 7 speed foods and 7 syns

Bumping this back up because I need a challenge this week.

I'm going to go for increasing superfree to half each day.

Thanks Princes-Stevie, that instant porridge sounds good - if a little cold on a chilly Melbourne morning (yes, it does get cold down under!) I sometimes make hot porridge with water then add fat free yog (can't get Muller Lights - disaster!) - this makes a lovely breakky and the protein in the porridge keeps me going longer than just the cereal. I also am getting bored with bacon and eggs for breakfast so have started switching meals around and having it at work - I cook the bacon at home and scramble an egg in the microwave at work - nothing like the smell of bacon to get everyone's interest!

Have you ever tried magic porridge? It's really yummy, and I find it really fills me up too.

Just mix up 35g Porridge Oats (HExB) with a MullerLight yogurt and leave it in the fridge overnight. The oats soak up the porridge and it becomes a really thick, creamy porridge. I eat it cold and tend to bulk it out with a chopped banana, strawberries and blueberries :drool:

I do this but make them into pancakes - soak you porridge oates over night in fat free yogurt, then add 2 eggs and sweetner and dry fry it. It makes 3 pancakes (cooked in 7 inch pan) and is really filling. I have them with 1/2 tblsp of golden syrup (1 syn) and strawberries. It's yummy and keeps me filled up till lunch time.

LOVING tis thread - it is day 1 for me but I can't resist a challenge so may have to give it a go. If anyone has a specific challenge for me, let me know. Vix

I have subscribed too, this is a great idea. I think I am going to go for keeping a food diary this week and reading my book from cover to cover.

pobel said:
I definitely need a new breakfast idea... omeletes are starting to turn my stomach lol as is bacon eggs and mushrooms lol. Cereal seems such a waste of HE's though... hmm it'sa tough one as fruit doesn't really keep megoing either!!

Beans on toast poached eggs and spinnach eggs and asparagus ham rocket rollups (its just a good handful OF rocket wrapped up in ham I make a mustard mayo for dipping too) loaded ryvita are good pile high with allsorts and enjoy

I do this but make them into pancakes - soak you porridge oates over night in fat free yogurt, then add 2 eggs and sweetner and dry fry it. It makes 3 pancakes (cooked in 7 inch pan) and is really filling. I have them with 1/2 tblsp of golden syrup (1 syn) and strawberries. It's yummy and keeps me filled up till lunch time.

Wow Browsie, that sounds like a fantastic weekend breakfast! Definitely making a note of the recipe and will have the ingredients in for next week.

Subscribing to this as I might give it a go after WI on Tuesday. :)

Back