The complainers..

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Okay, feel free to tell me if you think i'm being really *****y or out of order here, but i hope you all get what im saying!

I went to class last night, and i just cant get over the amount of people that sit there and say they dont understand how they'r not loosing weight, or those who say ' but i didnt even eat crap before' .. or people who say but i did it 100%, except from this this and this, when they are the usual culprits you see not writing things down and having selective memory, expecting miracles over night, or thinking that just because they'v eaten nothing all day long, that piece of cheesecake in the evening they'r classing as a meal, is fine, becuase if they'v not eaten all day, that it evens it all out...

argh, its like, last night i Wi'in and lost 2lbs, after a 1lb gain last week. One lady, who joined with her daughter orignally, who after only a week, didnt come anymore and would wait outside class for her mum huddled over a macy d's .. asked me how much i'd lost, i told her.. and she goes :eek: ''Wow, you must be really pushing yourself now''

and i felt like saying, no.. i just did the plan how your supposed to.

Now i try my hardest to help anyone who may need a little bit of extra support, but even my friend is pushing it now, shes come with me for 5 months, pays every single week, and bar her first week, has done nothing but gain and loose the same 8.5 lbs more than what she orginally weighed in at. . and she says ' everytime i get back to my starting weight i just cant get past it'

and i think back to a time when i tried every other diet, and would lose 10lbs and never seem to be able to shift passed it, but clearly i wasnt actually trying, because here i am.. at target which was a hell of a lot more lost than 10lbs! .. i try my hardest to help, her, but what can i do? work at maccy's and make sure i fill her bag up withf ruit everytime she falls at the first hurdle of the week?

dont get me wrong, somtimes i gain and think, whaaat?? but once i get home and go over what iv eaten, i can soon pick up on where iv gone wrong, and start again the next day, or if i know full well why iv gained, you wont hear my complain that i dont know why.. you dont forget good food that easy! LOL

I dunno, maybe it's just me.. but i cant my head round it, if your making the effort to go to class and pay, then you MUSt want to try and lose the weight, but then why arnt they doing it? why do they waste money, and time.. and put themselves trhough dissapointment each week? only they themselves know exactly why they havnt lost weight.. i just dont know how my consultant does it, especially when they continually ask questions about HE's and syn values, but then carry on and make no changes the week after?

sorry am i just babbleing on now? LOL

Does anyone else get what i mean?
Somtimes i meet people who make it sound like i must starve myself to loose weight, because its 'just so difficult' but how can anyone struggle with EE?!!!!! LOL Dont get me worng, if sw doesnt fit in with thier lifestyles and they find somthing else my suit them better, then w.e.. BUT, i wouldnt continue paying for somthing i didnt think i could do?

yesterday i bumped into an old friend, who congratulated me on my weight loss, which i thanked her for and she told me she'd lost 4lbs in 2 weeks, so i congratulated her, and asked her if shed been specifically trying to diet and she replyed ..

' well, i'd like to.. but im not gunna put myself on a diet or anything'

?!!!! Now if anyone can enlighten me on how we can all lose wieght without changing our eating habits, do let me know!!!!! LOL

*oo rantover!!!*

Hi Fern, I know what you mean, but I think people have to be commited to losing weight for it to work; otherwise they are just making excuses all of the time. I know that I myself did it for years before I finally made the decision to join SW.

My mother is also doing SW, she attends a class while I joined online. I have been on SW a much shorter time than she has but I have lost more weight. I told her it was nothing magical, I just obey the plan and don't cheat. I have persuaded her to join our Christmas challenge. I am monitoring her loss for her for that, so hopefully it will help her.

Tracy

I find it hard enough to lose y own weight and get my head around it! I'll never understand other people, but I do know that we are all different and maybe they'll get to grips with it in the end.

I also think that it's completely possible to be 100% on plan and not lose any weight, so I never roll my eyes at that.
It doesn't worry me that people make excuses, I'm just thankful when it works for me.

^ thats really great your mums taking your encorougment and support, i dont know what else to do for my friend :( i really wanna see her succeed but i know she lies to me about how 'good' shes actually been, and dont know how i can help her make it a life change.

Totally agree about having to be commited, you realy do have to want it, but i just dont understand why those who dont, waste thier money? I honestly feel they'd make more progress 'giving up' and eating how they want to, and then waiting for that moment to come where they realise they do need to do somthing and then will really want it. do you know what i mean? half assed attepts just drag it out and dissapointment could even tar thier first expierance of slimmingworld as they wont realise how good it could be for them had they put thier all in ??

you can only do so much for someone, then it is really down to them. your doing well because you want to acheive, dont waste the energy you will only bring yourself down and it is not worth it.

I also think that it's completely possible to be 100% on plan and not lose any weight, so I never roll my eyes at that.
It doesn't worry me that people make excuses, I'm just thankful when it works for me.

But teh difference between you and these people are hun, youv done it 100% and want it, and for what ever reason, not enough exercise, water retention.. . star week.. or even not realising extra syns, we all make mistakes like that with wrong brands and stuff) you still want it and work ahrd for it, it's just the people, who know they dont do it properly, and expect to lose weight and then complain you know??

xxxxxxxxxx

Well I do Rosemary Conley, but know exactly what you mean!! A friend of mine comes to class every week - got to target once then constantly gained every week - she never sticks to the diet, never weighs anything, her portion pots are still in the wrapper and she always says 'i've eaten 3 packets of crisps for lunch'!!

Then she says to me 'how do you manage to lose weight nearly every week?'

I don't bother even answering now!

Hun, I know exactly what you mean.
I'm a go it aloner as I cant afford to go to class at the moment, but when I did, it used to get my back up the women that I would hear whispering in the queue before the scales how "naughty" they had been and then during Image Therapy claim that the dont know how its happened! grrr!!!
I gain weight before totm, Im prepared for it. I gain if I dont stick to plan 100%..I expect that.

Even if I did pay to go to class, I couldnt justify paying and not sticking to it, that's just defeating the object!

Thats exactly what i mean! ah, im glad you dont all think im potty, i know i sounds completly awful but i did need to rant & just let it out LOL.

the other day my mum couldnt get alpen lights because they werent in stock in the shop, and got my the stores on brand, but when i appologised and said i couldnt eat them, she said ' but now your at target you can make little ajustments cant u?'

and i know she was only trying to help, but i explained, yeah little ajustments mean maybe allowing myself a few extra syns, or adding some HE's.. but its little mistakes like, not eating the right HE's that will mess it up! LOL.. and yet my friend doesnt understand why she can eat 2 alpens for a HEB, but not a tracker bar?!!!! iv tried to explain but its no use!

Lol...some people dont want to try and would rather put SW down as another failed diet. My MIL has been doing SW for 20+ years on and off and its only now that I have looked at her sheets (her Consultant is rubbish) that I can see where she is going wrong...but to her, she knew best.

Fab post and I agree with you!
You can get away with cheating a little in the early days but as you progress you can get away with less and less. You will lose weight sticking to the plan less than 100% but not as much as if you do stick to it 100% and lets face it, it's easy to stick to when our heads are in the right place!
A lady at my group has never ever lost any weight (well she's lot a pound, gained a pound etc), but she still goes so I guess she's maintaining! Still, she doesn't stick to it and admits this so can't expect to lose.

SW works, we're all proof of that -and yes, I agree, there are weeks when we don't lose or do gain and we have stuck to plan but if you know in your heart you have not cheated then you know it is just your body doing silly hormonal/bodily things!

some people think by just going to class a miracle will be performed.

But it's all down to hard work and dedication!!

How Refreshing to know others think like this too!

Wow - what a good feeling it is to see that you guys have the same frustrations I've had! What ever happens to anyone's weight is, in part at least, up to them! We all have the same information in our SW books and groups, how we interpret that information and act on it is entirely up to us! We all get the opportunity to ask questions and listen to the responses we get, some of take more heed of all that more than others!

Good luck'n'stuff to all of us who are TRYING to shift the pounds and Well Done to everyone out there who are actually coping with their results - whatever they are! Keep at it folks!;)

Off on a tangent but I knew someone who had FOUR kids, in FIVE years, "by accident"!

Me: What kind of contraception do you use?

Her: Well, I can't take the Pill, he hates condoms, I don't want the coil fitted...

Me: Stop right there... Are you telling me that you have a regular sex life with your husband and don't use any method of contraception?

Her: Yes.

Me: That's called "TRYING FOR A BABY"!

Her: Not really. I mean, we didn't WANT them.

Same thing as the "dieters" who don't modify what they eat. Some people have no idea of cause and effect...Because they are stupid.

Haha - some people just amaze you don't they

Off on a tangent but I knew someone who had FOUR kids, in FIVE years, "by accident"!

Me: What kind of contraception do you use?

Her: Well, I can't take the Pill, he hates condoms, I don't want the coil fitted...

Me: Stop right there... Are you telling me that you have a regular sex life with your husband and don't use any method of contraception?

Her: Yes.

Me: That's called "TRYING FOR A BABY"!

Her: Not really. I mean, we didn't WANT them.

Same thing as the "dieters" who don't modify what they eat. Some people have no idea of cause and effect...Because they are stupid.

i agree with you all that you def have to try 100% on this diet and some people think that by making allowances they will still lose weight. i admit that when ive had an off week or day and put on - i dont make excuses as i put the food in my mouth but its when people come in telling all the cakes they have eaten the loss that gets me the most as there not been 100% that can be dishearting

I hear you loud and clear and agree!

There is one woman especially at group who makes me want to stand up and shout 'OMG stop making excuses' sometimes. She says she wants to lose weight but wants it the easy way. Like, last week, she was saying about when she gets home and wants (needs she said) something to eat before dinner and that this was her weak time. So, as usual, we all gave her some tips. I said I always have a drink first because hunger is sometimes confused with thirst etc. Others said they keep prepared bowls of something or another for nibbles in the fridge and others said about just eating more often so hunger is kept at bay. Everything we suggested was met with 'but that won't satisfy me'. She also said that she gets home so late after work and is too tired to cook recipes from the books. Even the Consultant snapped and said that until she was prepared to accept help she wouldn't succeed.

This week she said that she's already lost 28lbs and that maybe she just cannot lose anymore now. But I saw her in the town eating Greggs twice last week!

I don't understand it either. We ALL have times when we crack. We ALL have naughty days. But we ALL face up to it and know, deep down, what we need to do to fix it. She seems totally oblivious to her own actions, and blames SW! It annoys me too - people who come and say 'yeah well I had a night out so I know where that gain came from' and are honest are fab. But the ones like her drive me nuts.

So yeah, I understand! x

Totally agree! A girl came in last week and said she wouldnt be coming back because she couldnt do the plan because she worked ..

um hello? does she think shes the only one!!!?? LOL

I am on board with everything everyone is saying. People do expect that because you are going to a diet class, your body automatically knows that and will just magically drop weight!
People can make as many excuses as they want but we all know someone who has kids, a job, a house, and whatever else going on and still manage to stick to the plan.
I have 2 jobs so tomorrow i kno i am going to be at work frm 9am until 3am so tonight i am cooking all 3 meals plus snacks for the middle of the night when im tired.
ITs complete denial for some people.."that 3rd biscuit never happenned"... "i only had 2 glasses, the bottle was really small"

if you dont lie to yourself, the results dont lie.

Well said Fern, i think these are the people that need a kick the most!

Back