the compliments are sabotaging me ...

mandye

Silver Member
My thoughts ....
I have been struggling a bit over the last few days not cheated yet.I have been looking deep inside to see if I can find the answer to why ?

I think that now everyone has noticed and said how great I look at a size 18 my head is telling my stomache that Ive done enough.Or is my stomache telling my head .

Anyway I have come to the conclusion that I need peeps to say nearly there rather than you look fantastic (although I do look fantastic lol).

So today I have put it to the test and when someone comented on my new figure I said something like just a bit more and Ill be about right and they said yes but not to much more, and hubby said you just need to lose a little bit more and that new coat will fit you perfect (first time he said something right in weeks lol)and do you know im not sat here thinking I will just have a bit of chicken and some celery my head is back in the zone at the mo

Lets just hope this is what my problem was and Im all fixed
I cant believe I couldnt wait for the compliments to come rolling in and when they did I nearly undid it all doh:doh:

I understand fully what you mean. At the end of the day you have to get it right in the head to get it right in the mouth (LOL i just thought of that!)

I had this - and in the end I thanked people, but advised them that I was STILL in the 'unhealthy' BMI category and that I would be stopping once I was in the healthy range.

I'm still having problems now - as I am a size 10 and within the healthy BMI range - but I have managed to fend people off by saying "only 5 more lbs" when they ask so they know that I am NOT anorexic OR taking it too far!

I've also said to them "You were never interested in my weight/health when I was obese and SERIOUSLY endangering my health, so why are you suddenly so interested now?" You also tend to find that its is overweight people who want you to stop losing weight....mainly to make THEM feel better about THEIR weight!

If people ask my weight now, I ask them what their bank balance is....... soon shuts them up!

Hi Mandy

I have experienced the exact same thing. I lost 5 1/2 stone with WW before and when the compliments started, I began to slip on the diet and here I am back at square 1 again!!!

I think it gets harder to stick to when you are able to go out and buy clothes and feel good about about yourself for the first time in ages.

Stay strong and keep on going until YOU want to stop. Good luck

Susan xx

And me to!
As soon as the compliments on how much weight i have lost start rolling in,I forget that I'm no where near goal and need to keep going

This time I'm not going to fall into this habit

Susan

Glad I could be of service!!!!

I understand fully what you mean. At the end of the day you have to get it right in the head to get it right in the mouth (LOL i just thought of that!)

Wow what a brilliant saying! I have to use that one

Hi all,I was exactly the same. Went from a 22/24 to a size 16 and had sooo many compliments I thought I can stop now. Which I did. Anyway heads back in the right place again now after 12 months and I'm hopefully back on track to lose the last 3 stone that I need to to have a healthy BMI. A word of advice though it is sooooooo much harder to get back on track rather thn to stay on track so if you can keep going then do it rather than having toi start again.You're doing fab so keep up the good workJo xx

I had this - and in the end I thanked people, but advised them that I was STILL in the 'unhealthy' BMI category and that I would be stopping once I was in the healthy range.

I'm still having problems now - as I am a size 10 and within the healthy BMI range - but I have managed to fend people off by saying "only 5 more lbs" when they ask so they know that I am NOT anorexic OR taking it too far!

I've also said to them "You were never interested in my weight/health when I was obese and SERIOUSLY endangering my health, so why are you suddenly so interested now?" You also tend to find that its is overweight people who want you to stop losing weight....mainly to make THEM feel better about THEIR weight!

If people ask my weight now, I ask them what their bank balance is....... soon shuts them up!
Well said Deb x
I agree, although I'm getting used to the comments I just keep telling myself, wait till they see the real me!

I can totally relate to you hun, I have been doing this diet milarky on and off for years and the thing that always gets me is the compliments, I am like wow people can really see, don't need to do any more now, bloody bizzare isn't it how our mind works! I think you have the right attitude and Deb is spot on with what she say's too!
Mind your own buissness people, we dieters like to do it our way!!!!! Tell them to shut up! xx

I'm so gld I read this thread...I've been slipping with adding veg & prawns into my soups...so it was good to read the "Get it right in the head, get it right in the mouth"!!!

I've lost 13lbs in 2 weeks and I don't want to undo all the good progress I have made just because it is good progress ( if you see what I mean!!)

Back to work tomorrow so I am hoping I am back on track with the SSing.:eek:

I so know where you're coming from. After I had my daughter I got down to a size 16 - losing about 5 stone, and as soon as the compliments started, I lost my grip on the diet. I'm miles away from that happening this time, but I am so much more determined this time. I know from experience what a slippery slope it is!

I'm getting to hate people asking me how much I weigh now - my neighbour asks me every few days! Considering I told very few people that I was dieting there are now far too many commenting on my weight. Although I'm a healthy weight of 9 stones 5 pounds which is fine as I'm 5' 4.5" I still want to lose a few more pounds. I know I'm looking good in clothes but there's always a few stubborn bits of fat that I'm sure a lot of us have that my clothes hide so I'm continuing but trying to exercise those areas too.

Why do others have to spoil how you feel by suggesting that you're becoming anorexic - I really love my food and there is no way I am becoming anorexic.

Anyone have a witty response I can give to shut up those people who go on about how skinny I am?

Why do others have to spoil how you feel by suggesting that you're becoming anorexic - I really love my food and there is no way I am becoming anorexic.

Anyone have a witty response I can give to shut up those people who go on about how skinny I am?

your weight loss is fabulous SweetPea, but in response to the people questioning you about your weight, I would just stand firm and tell them that you are now exactly in the middle of the healthy weight range and just losing another couple of pounds to give you a buffer as you start learning to maintain your loss.

Either that or use Debs response of asking them what there bank balance is when they ask you how much you weigh

Back