Step 1 Sole Source The Diary of a Dieting Diva

caz79

Hello!
Thought I'd keep an online diary in the hope for some encouragement and also for providing some entertainment for the readers.
Ok. I'm 34 and I'm fat. No other word for it. Fat and Fed up. I can't bear photographs or mirrors or any type of reflection!

Luckily though, I have a fiancé and tow beautiful daughters who make me smile.

My weight has been a source of misery for me as long as I can remember. I wasn't a fat child but I have memories of family memebrs commenting on how surprisingly heavy I was. And so it begins. Paranoia aged 7. What makes me feel better? Food.
So through my adolescence I ate the wrong foods in the wrong amounts at the wrong times.
I was spotty, hormonal and depressed.
By the time was 18 I joined slimming world and went from 13st11 to 11st4 in about 6 months. This was a big confidence boost.
The consultant advised me to get down to 10 stone. I tried but my weight loss was at a plateau for around 12 weeks. Then she shouted at me in the class and said clearly I wasn't following the plan (which I was) I was so ashamed and angry that I never went back!

In 2005 I went to try weight watchers. I managed to lose about a stone and a half on it but fell off the rails.

Now I am 18st5.5
So depressing! I have polycystic ovary syndrome and I've just discovered I'm insulin resistant so have began taking metformin.
The consultant has asked me to lose 4 stones.
But I want to lose 6.5-7 at least. (the weight of a large child)

I'm getting married at the end of the year so that should help me stay on track!

Day 1- wasn't too bad, though I was very hungry by 5pm
Day 2- I feel achy and tired and have a dull headache. Didn't help that I got my period.
I'm a bit shaky too. Cried before looking at the washing pile. Over emotional.
Hopeful this diet will work- but very emotional!

Would appreciate advice and support! :)

Hello hun here to subscribe and support. I am currently similar weight to you 18st 8 so can be your CD bud :)

I have a diary in members section ' 19st2 to 15st bridesmaid dress slimdown ' - come say hi x

I think this diet does make you extra emotional as we can't use food any more when we feel crud. Also the headache and other symptoms you r feeling will be down to carb withdrawal and should only last for the first few days until you reach ketosis. Hope this helps Hun x

Last edited:
Hi again!
Only just logged on! It's been a very busy week!
So glad you have replied! Also glad that we are a similar weight.

Update so far: Stopped crying at washing! Headaches gone!
Now I'm having problems drinking plain water- sneaked about 3 glasses of coke zero this week. Naughty!

Due a weigh in tomorrow-
First week I lost 11 and 1/4 pounds!
But I don't feel like I have lost much this week.

Need to do a diet counter like you!

My goal weight is 11 and a half stones. If I get there I may change it to 10 and a half depending on how hard it is!
Thanks for being me Cambridge buddy! :bighug:

I would love to buddy up aswell! I have lost a stone in 2 weeks I started at 16.4 and am now 15.4 but was 18.10 at my heaviest lost it through different diets but now came to this and glad I have as want a quick weightless!
How are u all finding it? I'm finding it easier now I'm in on week 3 but have along way to go xxx

Hi again!
Only just logged on! It's been a very busy week!
So glad you have replied! Also glad that we are a similar weight.

Update so far: Stopped crying at washing! Headaches gone!
Now I'm having problems drinking plain water- sneaked about 3 glasses of coke zero this week. Naughty!

Due a weigh in tomorrow-
First week I lost 11 and 1/4 pounds!
But I don't feel like I have lost much this week.

Need to do a diet counter like you!

My goal weight is 11 and a half stones. If I get there I may change it to 10 and a half depending on how hard it is!
Thanks for being me Cambridge buddy! :bighug:

Hi hunny

Yes you should do a little countdown signature if it helps you, I find it really helps me.

C if you can get some water flavourings from your CC if your struggling with the water?

How tall r u?

My ultimate (major dream) goal is 12st. But this year just focussing on getting to 15st to. 'hopefully' fit in a size 16 bridesmaids dress!

Hope your having a good day and good luck for your weigh in :)

I would love to buddy up aswell! I have lost a stone in 2 weeks I started at 16.4 and am now 15.4 but was 18.10 at my heaviest lost it through different diets but now came to this and glad I have as want a quick weightless!
How are u all finding it? I'm finding it easier now I'm in on week 3 but have along way to go xxx

Hi Hayley

Well done on your loss so far! :)

Do you mind me asking what clothes size you r? I'm trying to gestimate a size 16 for my 5ft 9 frame! I guessed 15st but tbh have NO idea!

I'm 5'6 and I'm now 15'4 when I weighed Wednesday and I'm a 16 on top now but an 18 bottom xx

Thanks for welcoming me :) another day down another pound lighter :) xx

Back again!
I'm a bit useless at this forum thing as I've been mega busy.
Landscaped my back garden again and then back to work after half term. Report writing time is upon me so paperwork is heavy.

My story so far...

week 1- 11 and a quarter pounds loss! Whoo! amazing :)
week 2- so in the zone! 5 and a quarter pounds loss (total now 16.5lbs gone):D
week 3- stayed in zone, started bars (1 a day- yum) feeling great...
BUT weigh in... +1lb. WTF?! I have been so good. I am so upset! :cry:
I have polycystic ovaries and so when I'm due a cycle (approx. 12 days) I start retaining water- hormones are everywhere.
Plus despite water intake I'm having real trouble with constipation.
My tummy is very bloated.

I haven't given up- I've increase water intake.
Just feel gutted!

:cry:

Ps. In reply to questions...

I'm 5'6'' and despite weighing 17st 5lbs I now fit in a size 18. (top and bottom)
I carry my weight pretty evenly (everywhere) but have a big bust (38g) and I'm most conscious about my belly! (gok wan's pants help me feel better!)

I haven't gone for water flavouring yet.
Been on the peppermint tea. (Its nice with a sweetener and then made ice cold in the fridge)

Doing ok on the water intake. ( my stomach glugs when I move)

I've been 110% but feel so disappointed this week.:confused:

Quick update, after weigh in on Friday (the dreadful +1lb end of the world gain) My consultant invited me back today (mon). Scales said I was 1.5lbs lighter than Friday- so its all balanced again. Feeling relieved!

It's been ages since I logged in here!

Update: In total I've lost 5stones since the start of Cambridge. However, I'm really struggling atm! So bored!
Stepped up to SS+ but I feel guilty if I eat anything at all and also suffer horrendously with constipation. Currently being treated for an 'impacted bowel'
Feel sad as I wasn't to shift as much weight as possible before December but it's all slowed down.
People keep saying to me to stop dieting but this is also upsetting me as I think they just are uncomfortable in the thought that I may actually be slimmer than them!

Help!

Back