The diary of a (not so-Little)Sausage

Well done sausage!!!!

Thank you both! I'm pretty pleased. It's not half as good as lat week's weigh in, but that was two weeks worth, and I wasn't totally bloated!

I am so pleased with Slimming World. It really does work if you stick to it. I'm still not particularly adventurous but that is purely a case of lacking the time and inclination to cook something amazing from scratch at 8pm. I will definitely be doing some more cooking/preparing on the weekends so that it is a lot easier during the week. It's just a case of planning ahead - now I just need to practice what I preach!

Hope your movie was good, Jules!

X

Thank you both! I'm pretty pleased. It's not half as good as lat week's weigh in, but that was two weeks worth, and I wasn't totally bloated!

I am so pleased with Slimming World. It really does work if you stick to it. I'm still not particularly adventurous but that is purely a case of lacking the time and inclination to cook something amazing from scratch at 8pm. I will definitely be doing some more cooking/preparing on the weekends so that it is a lot easier during the week. It's just a case of planning ahead - now I just need to practice what I preach!

Hope your movie was good, Jules!

X

Little tip from one with kids - batch cooking ! Make double portions and freeze some for homemade ready meals. You can do it at the weekend or when you do feel like cooking.

Breakfast:
Banana, plum, satsuma
3 coffees with skimmed milk (HEa)

Snack:
Banana, satsuma

Lunch:
Plain rice with baked veg (courgettes, mushrooms and onion)

Supper:
Salmon and prawns baked with a spicy sauce (honey, chilli, fish sauce, Ginger and balsamic vinegar - est 4 syns) served with udon noodles, pak choi and green beans. It was absolutely delicious and I'm very pleased!
Hifi bar (HEb)
Eugh, and another Hifi bar! Definitely craving something sweet tonight.

Total syns: 10

Last edited:
Decided to treat myself today, and went all out to buy... A new set of measuring spoons! Saw the pretty colours and couldn't resist. Yay!

Attachments

• image-3516188930.jpg
    image-3516188930.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 51
julesmorris said:
They're lovely measuring spoons!!! Very vintage - right up my street! Where did you get them?

From Robert Dyas!

Pinkie1973 said:
You must be in IKEA every 5 mins where you are too?

Hell no! Can't stand the place. The only time I go is when I'm running out of candles!

Today I am feeling absolutely exhausted having slept badly. Not grumpy, just sleepy.

Breakfast:
2 bananas (Red - this was before 8am!)

Lunch:
Small jacket potato with LOADS of salad leaves, sugarsnap peas and broad beans, cucumber, some turkey breast and some peri-peri sauce (1 syn).
One square of the chocolate aubergine cake I made on Sunday (6 syns)

I have been craving chocolate since yesterday and managed to abstain until today! I brought in a square of the cake (which ages well! after a day or two it is more like a really fudgy brownie).
Have absolutely no idea what to do for supper. Something very plain and simple, I think - no thinking involved.

Eugh. Stopped at the chippy and had cod, (batter removed!) mushy peas. Syn free! Yay!

Total syns: 7

Last edited:
Have absolutely no idea what to do for supper. Something very plain and simple, I think - no thinking involved.

Omelette?

That choc cakey thing is sounding more and more appealing btw!

Bad night's sleep is a nightmare isn't it - and I believe the feelings of tiredness and hunger, in your brain at least, are quite similar. both create a kind of lethargy....

You're doing well though, so keep it up chica!

:)

P.

Feeling guilty about yesterday's take away even though, according to SW, it was free. Probably less calories than I would have had if I'd made an omelette.

Today so far...

Breakfast:
Small fruit platter (Tesco) - disappointed as the kiwi and pineapple were nouvelle and totally inedible)
Banana
Activia snackpot

Lunch:
Potato with some leftover bolognese and lots of spinach leaves and cucumber

I think I'll make a tortilla tonight and have with some baked beans and mushrooms. Definitely feeling like some comfort food today.

Supper:
Onion and pepper frittata with some baby new potatoes and baked beans.
Hifi bar (HEb)

I am so glad it is Thursday. I have been really looking forward to my weekends over the past couple of weeks. No weigh in on Monday as I'm off to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert. I'm disappointed that I'll miss going to group, but hoping that I will have a nice loss the week after!
I'm not feeling any slimmer and although I think that my clothes are slightly looser than they were before I started SW, there really isn't much of a difference. At the moment it just seems like an insurmountable amount of weight to lose, and I'm just hoping that I can stick it out. I do, however, really like the control that I have.
Post probably sounds a bit dual-personality, but am just feeling a bit meh. No doubt down to the tail end of * week.

MEH.

Last edited:
Last night's frittata was a success, although it fell apart a bit. My non-stick pan was obviously not that non-stick. I know I didn't have my 1/3 superfree at supper, although there was a LOAD of veg in there. Don't feel too bad, though, as I had a lot of superfree all throughout the day.

So glad it's Friday! Yay! The sun is shining and everything! I have actually made an evening meal plan for the next week (amazing!) so tonight I want to do the shopping so that I can cook over the weekend. At least do the time-consuming stuff. Aubergines are also on the list - I want to try and alter the chocolate cake this weekend, too, to reduce the syns. I've never cooked with sweetener, so am a little apprehensive, but will definitely have a go.

Across the street from me is a Hotel Chocolat. When it first opened a couple of years back, I went in there at least twice a month. BAD. Now, I just pop in to buy a last-minute gift or something. HOWEVER, 2 doors down from chocolate heaven they are renovating a shop and PAUL (patisserie/boulangerie) will be opening! This is not great news. My will power has surprised me thus far, but I love bread and I'm not entirely sure how much I'll be tested... Fingers crossed I can stay away.

So far...

Breakfast:
Mango, melon and grape fruit salad
Activia snackpot

Lunch:
Jacket potato, chicken breast, spinach leaves, LOADS of cucumber and light dressing (1 syn)
Activia snackpot

HOWEVER, 2 doors down from chocolate heaven they are renovating a shop and PAUL (patisserie/boulangerie) will be opening! This is not great news. My will power has surprised me thus far, but I love bread and I'm not entirely sure how much I'll be tested... Fingers crossed I can stay away.

You can do it hun!! At the end of the day there are hundreds of opportunities and temptations on our doorsteps to indulge, admittedly some closer to home and more obvious than others! It's no coincidence that there's such an obesity problem in the US- Is it something like 8 MaccyD's per square mile?!! And everything in abundance and so convenient! I think that hard as it is, it's up to us to develop ways to avoid these things! You could treat yourself to one item from there say once a month so that you're not totally denying yourself, or even once a week if you ARE able to count it in your syns and treat it with moderation!! I have every faith in you!XXX

Yeah, I reckon it won't be a problem. I think it's the idea I like. And the French words... Boulangerie and patisserie sound so inviting! Xx

Back