The diary of a (not so-Little)Sausage

Well done on the 2lbs loss! You've had some brilliant losses recently - a true inspiration :).

The hair looks lovely! I so wish I could have long hair and look smart at the same time. Whenever my hair is long it gets really untidy looking so end up cutting it off again...

Hellooooooo Sausage!!! :D

herewego said:
Well done on the 2lbs loss! You've had some brilliant losses recently - a true inspiration :).

The hair looks lovely! I so wish I could have long hair and look smart at the same time. Whenever my hair is long it gets really untidy looking so end up cutting it off again...

Thanks so much Alli... I don't think I've ever been called an inspiration!
And as for the hair, I know just what you mean! It'll look ok for a couple of weeks and then meh. Long hair is a real pain, but I just don't have the guts to chop it all off!

julesm said:
Hellooooooo Sausage!!! :D

What up, Jules!
Hope y'all are ok? And preparing for that run! Plus the half marathon... Phew, you make me feel tired and you haven't done it yet!

So, today has been manic. The next few weeks are likely to be non stop with a vessel arriving tomorrow, then another on Friday and another next week and then again the following week. This is all well and good, but I only have one brain when, in reality, I need at least one more. Having jut got off the phone to the US, I'm chilling out listening to some Plan B. He is kinda awesome. Not my usual cup of tea, but very good.

I got home from work at about 7, went to my friend's house where we did an hour of Davina and then half an hour on the wii dance game. I am definitely going to feel it tomorrow, but am feeling pretty good right now!

Found out today that my 2 week trip to Nashville is looking more like 2 months. This scares that crap out of me. No group, and I'll be in a hotel most of the time. You know what they eat in Nashville? Fried EVERYTHING. With extra butter. And syrup. Here, how about a litre of oil on your salad garnish? Beeeeeeeef. Here, I'll chuck an entire bovine on the grill for you. Salad with your chicken? What is that, ma'am, British for fried bread? Argh. I love it there, but I'm absolutely terrified of screwing everything up, having worked so hard just to get this far.

Meh.

Have you spent a lot of time there before?? Hopefully if you are going to be there for a while, you will be able to find a supermarket or somewhere you can eat that you can choose how many litres of oil you want with your salad ;)

Well done on all the exercise, I'm still struggling to motivate myself at the moment, the weekend may need to be my new turning point... xx

Yeah, I've been there a few times, but never for more than a few weeks at a time. Plus, I wasn't trying my darndest to lose weight! I think you're right. It's going to be a case of buying salad and stuff from the store that doesn't need cooking. Unless maybe I can get a short term apartment let. It just terrifies me. Ugh.

Ps: "all that exercise"?! I did an hour and I am starting to feel it already! Will revert tomorrow if I can move at all.

That'd be funny... Sorry, can't come to the office today because I did an hour of exercise. How embarrassing!
Xx

Congrats on yet another great loss! They just keep in comin! Good work! Yayy summer season is basically here! Lots of salads to look 4ward to! I was thinking of you today at a cafe where they served a selection of really interesting yummy salads! I tucked into a Greek one- it was awesome! I wish more places did a wide selection! XxX

Unless maybe I can get a short term apartment let. It just terrifies me. Ugh.
LS - have you thought of a serviced apartment? (I think they also go under the name of apartotel in the US). Usually cheaper than a hotel too believe it or not.

I worked in Stevenage many moons ago and had a fab one. Big L shaped room with bed in alcove, ensuite bathroom, desk and work area plus a small kitchenette hidden behind what looked like a big wardrobe. I had a fridge with ice box, microwave and a hot plate - so I was able to manage basic cooking.

Could be an ideal solution - no cleaning to do as they come in and do it for you and change the bed once a week.

Haha! Here you go, Jules

Looking hot, chica. Really suits you.

Had a hectic week so just trying to catch up.

I'm game for a bit of speed dating if you're all going. All my single friends think it's a rubbish idea. I think it would be a giggle

Zxx

Love the haircut too and agree with the inspiration comment. Sympathy with the Nashville stay, but you know what to expect so can be prepared... salad and cous cous and lean protein seem like the way to go. You are so determined I don't see the junk food derailing you at this point... I bet those fried and sugar-rich foods don't even appeal right now. SW does change your tastes a little I think? Agree that an apartment would be fab, but a hotel can be made to work too. If you hav a kettle, better still - not standard in the US but maybe a travel one? Then you can make cous cous?

As for the two brains, I think I need an extra one too... surviving this long on half of one can't be good! Ah well, guess I am used to it now. ;o)

xxx

Ooh Sausage, your trip to Nashville may be a bit of a challenge but I know you can do it! Aren't they quite big on dieting in the states? You might be able to find one really healthy restaurant and basically live there! Also getting your own apparently would be a great solution! And did u know they have SW in the US!? Maybe you could join!!! Xxxx

Thanks, all!
Yeah, it'll be a challenge, but I'll just have to make do with the best I can. I'm not sure about an aparthotel, Pomette, but will look in to it if it all goes ahead. And, Jules, I looked in to SW in the US, but it seems that, right now, they're based only in Texas! Shame!

xx

Dodgiest ones I'd met were through Match. I gave that eharmony a bash, slightly better and at least wasn't full of men who mostly wanted to get laid. Ho hum.
Friends Reunited Dating seem to attract all of the creeps who just want to get laid........most of them hitting on my profile :eek: Had a bit of a tiff with the site over it a couple of months ago and they told me off :eek::eek: rather than tackle (no pun intended) the pervert about the disgusting things he said to introduce himself to me.
I remember looking at the eharmony one but all the psychosymetric tests put me off. Plus there were only about 3 guys within an 80 mile radius of me actually signed up, I didn't hold out much hope of meeting mr right there!! xxx
I joined up on eharmony a couple of months ago and for £30 per month.........what a waste of time. I had no matches, so had to find some leeway (their advice) in order for them to be able to give me some matches. Talk about flexible syns lol. By the time my search criteria was finished with so that some men would be sent my way, I was looking for a three-headed green man that lived in Siberia with 10 children all under 5!!!

Decided that I might be better off just forgetting the idea of meeting someone full stop. :D

Sorry for the delay in writing the above. I've not been keeping up too well with the conversation.

Well done on losing another 2lbs and I really love the hair. You look beautiful xx

LittleSausage said:
Thanks, all!
Yeah, it'll be a challenge, but I'll just have to make do with the best I can. I'm not sure about an aparthotel, Pomette, but will look in to it if it all goes ahead. And, Jules, I looked in to SW in the US, but it seems that, right now, they're based only in Texas! Shame!

xx

Have a look on here as there is a whole sub section about SW abroad-think 'britmumincanada' is something to do with it :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hellooooooooooo Sausage. I have really neglected my minimins friends recently due to work - which should ease up soon. So pleased to see you are still losing at a fantastic rate and I'm enjoying the internet dating discussion on here. I've never done the dating but I have met a lt of friends online - people who I see a lot of now. I do have 2 friends who met their husbands online though. I think its easy to forget that internet dating is a bit like realy life dating because I have been out with some real crackers in my time, people who seem fine and then are just nuts or out for one thing - personally I think that's just people for you - online or not.

You are looking very swish with your new hair - the colour is gorgeous. Mine is a complete styless mess right now. I'm like an under-groomed hippy - imagine if you will.

Nashville does sound like a challenge but I know yu can rise to it. You are doing so, so well. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll be able to get on here much more. xxx

Hellooooooooooo Sausage. I have really neglected my minimins friends recently due to work - which should ease up soon. So pleased to see you are still losing at a fantastic rate and I'm enjoying the internet dating discussion on here. I've never done the dating but I have met a lt of friends online - people who I see a lot of now. I do have 2 friends who met their husbands online though. I think its easy to forget that internet dating is a bit like realy life dating because I have been out with some real crackers in my time, people who seem fine and then are just nuts or out for one thing - personally I think that's just people for you - online or not.

You are looking very swish with your new hair - the colour is gorgeous. Mine is a complete styless mess right now. I'm like an under-groomed hippy - imagine if you will.

Nashville does sound like a challenge but I know yu can rise to it. You are doing so, so well. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll be able to get on here much more. xxx

I'm really trying to imagine that right now, heeheee

Hi Sausage, I did a google search for "Healthy restaurants Nashville" and a few health food cafés, Mexican restaurants and veggie places cropped up! Might be worth a look! xxxx

Bonjour my little sausage, hope you've had a good day. Can't believe you'll be banished from us for that long, I really hope you are able to manage the situation ok. I an sure you will, you are on such a roll now. Maybe a good time to take up C25K?

How's your week been going foodwise anyway? Think you're on for another bumper loss on Monday?

Chelsea-Lou, your dating comments made me laugh. Sounds like you've had as much joy as me. Ho hum, we'll all get there in the end.

:) xx

Bonjour my little sausage, hope you've had a good day. Can't believe you'll be banished from us for that long, I really hope you are able to manage the situation ok. I an sure you will, you are on such a roll now. Maybe a good time to take up C25K?

How's your week been going foodwise anyway? Think you're on for another bumper loss on Monday?

Chelsea-Lou, your dating comments made me laugh. Sounds like you've had as much joy as me. Ho hum, we'll all get there in the end.

:) xx
Do you know........I wished I'd kept a diary as I think it would make Bridget Jones look small-fry!!! :D My friends couldn't wait for the next instalment. I sometimes had three dates per week and always arranged to meet them in the same pub. The bar staff used to give me some looks.........they probably thought I was a hooker doing a bit of trade with all these weirdos. I have lost count of the times I excused myself to use the loo then leg it out of the door home. Not a nice thing to do but then we are talking serious creeps I needed to be away from.

I used to joke to Jess (Mrs Lampard on here) that I was going out with her potential new daddy...... :D:D

Back