The diary of a (not so-Little)Sausage

Le petite saucisson, ou est tu? Grande bisous xxx
Sí, ¿Dónde estás? mi salchicha poco.

We all miss you. Are the ships taking up all your time?

Pinkie1973 said:
I hope she didn't decide to become a stowaway.

She's definitely ok as she emailed me yesterday-I think shes just been very busy( hope you don't mind me saying this Emma!)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey y'all... thanks for the messages! Will be getting through diaries slowly, so will comment everywhere before too long.

The last week has been crazy. Surprise, surprise. I'd rather be busy than bored, but this is taking the biscuit. There has been no more news on the Nashville front so, as long as they don't spring it on me, I'll presume that I'm there for a couple of weeks over the summer. I haven't managed to keep a food diary, although I have remained on-plan. I was a little disappointed with a 1lb loss on Monday, as I know that I had eaten a LOT less the last week (I haven't had time/have had my appetite wiped out). Never mind. Maybe it's something to do with my previous WI being in the morning before I had eaten/drunk anything.

I have upped my exercise, and am now walking 40 minutes every lunch time (this is as well as my 40 min walk to/from the train station and my 40 min walk with the dogs) and am trying to make time to go over to my friend's house a couple of times a week where we either chuckle at our poor, albeit very energetic, performance with Just Dance on the Wii, or Davina. I say poor performance, but in actual fact I KILL that game with high scores every time. Anyhow, hopefully the extra exercise will show at next week's WI. Although I was disappointed with my loss, I was very pleased when 2 people at group mentioned how much slimmer I was looking. Definitely a result, I think.

I have decided that I am going to bite the bullet and go shopping on Thursday evening after work. My clothes look awful on me now. As scared as I am of going and not fitting in to anything/not being any smaller, I cannot continue to wear clothes that don't fit. I'm pretty sure that it's also doing my self-esteem no good when I look in the mirror and, because of the tents I'm wearing, I don't see any change. Maybe that's what I need to give me a bit of a boost, because right now I'm feeling totally meh. The massive amount I have to lose sometimes seems like a task I'll never finish. Fortunately, the SW way of eating seems to have become second nature, so I'm not tempted to stray even when I'm feeling as despondent as now. My coffee consumption has increased dramatically, as if I wasn't already having enough, so I'll have to watch that. Fortunately, I have so little milk that a pint still lasts most of the week. That way I know I'm well within my HE allowance.

So, things are starting to hot up here. I'm definitely getting busier. Last Saturday I was wedding photographer for the day (photos at the end) which was lovely, and meant a LOT of body magic. I'm off to Cardiff for a posh work evening next Friday, (I have to wear a dress!!) my two best uni buddies are coming down from oop Norf to take me to see Eric Clapton on the Monday after, then in June I'm off to Ascot (another dress) and then to Rotterdam for a Herring party - both work (and, yes, that is a party with Herring). Exciting, but slightly overwhelming. I think I need a couple of days off work, when there's not a lot going on so I won't be bothered at home, just to regroup.

Listen to me, all moany and woe is me. I'm just exhausted. I do know how lucky I am, honest.

xxx

Ok, after numerous attempts I cannot seem to get a picture on here. Putting in the Flickr link for the pics just gives me broken links. Just to inconvenience anyone who wants to see these and is on their phone, I'm linking the pics here, here, here and here.
That is all.
9GyLHj

Hey Sausage!

Great to see you back and sorry you are feeling so meh! :-( However, if you have weighed later in the day than usual it will definitely have been affected by any extra meals you'll have consequently had. So in that event, a 1lb loss is actually really good!

We should meet up some lunchtimes as we're not far from each other - and do that walk! I was just thinking today that I want to get out of the office at lunchtimes more. I did have an idea I might join some of the guys on their Friday lunchtime run when I'm up to speed - but I would HAVE to wash my hair after, and I let it dry naturally, so I'd have to sit in the office with wet hair. So if you'd like someone to join you just shout. My days in are Tues, Thurs and Fridays.

Those pics are lovely -you posted one on FB didn't you - that dress was gorgeous - your friend looks so happy!

I think it is also definitely worth getting some new clothes if you can afford it. You MUST have gone down a dress size at least - and nicely fitting clothes are so much more flattering. You will feel like a little princess! If you want to go Friday after work I could join you if you like?

Anyhoo - I'll stop rambling - feel good about all you've achieved right now. You have real challenges with time and everything and are still sticking to plan - that is not to be sniffed at! You're doing great chica!

xx

Good to have you back LS - we've all missed you.

I was a little disappointed with a 1lb loss on Monday . . . Maybe it's something to do with my previous WI being in the morning before I had eaten/drunk anything.
It almost certainly is! I can weigh anything up to KILO MORE at night than in the morning so a 1lb loss is probably a lot more!

Although I was disappointed with my loss, I was very pleased when 2 people at group mentioned how much slimmer I was looking. Definitely a result, I think.
NSV's are always the best. And if people are noticing that is ab fab!

I have decided that I am going to bite the bullet and go shopping on Thursday evening after work. . . . Maybe that's what I need to give me a bit of a boost, because right now I'm feeling totally meh. The massive amount I have to lose sometimes seems like a task I'll never finish.

Buy something more fitted! I was terrified the first time I put something on that wasn't one of my tent-like tops. BUT . . . it looked surprisingly good and the number of comments I then got was unbelievable. Not skin tight - as this will emphasise the bits that still need to reduce - but something with a good shape and line certainly makes a difference and does wonders for the self esteem.

I know you've got lots to lose still but you are doing so fantastically that you will get there in the end. Forget the end goal - or it will make you feel meh all the time. Concentrate on one day at a time and on the success you've had to date.

Give yourself a treat with your syns - something that you will really enjoy but not de-rail you. One of my favourites is a hot chocolate options with a slug of rum in (brandy if you prefer - called a "lumumba" here in Spain ) just before bedtime! Sends me to sleep in double quick time and doesn't allow me to start munching afterwards!

Nice to have you back!

GREAT pics, Sausage. And I'm meant to know these things as it's my job to be able to spot a cracking picture amongst all the rubbish we get sent at work.

Pinkie1973 said:
Hey Sausage!

Great to see you back and sorry you are feeling so meh! :-( However, if you have weighed later in the day than usual it will definitely have been affected by any extra meals you'll have consequently had. So in that event, a 1lb loss is actually really good!

We should meet up some lunchtimes as we're not far from each other - and do that walk! I was just thinking today that I want to get out of the office at lunchtimes more. I did have an idea I might join some of the guys on their Friday lunchtime run when I'm up to speed - but I would HAVE to wash my hair after, and I let it dry naturally, so I'd have to sit in the office with wet hair. So if you'd like someone to join you just shout. My days in are Tues, Thurs and Fridays.

Those pics are lovely -you posted one on FB didn't you - that dress was gorgeous - your friend looks so happy!

I think it is also definitely worth getting some new clothes if you can afford it. You MUST have gone down a dress size at least - and nicely fitting clothes are so much more flattering. You will feel like a little princess! If you want to go Friday after work I could join you if you like?

Anyhoo - I'll stop rambling - feel good about all you've achieved right now. You have real challenges with time and everything and are still sticking to plan - that is not to be sniffed at! You're doing great chica!

xx

Aw, thanks, Pinkie. I think I needed a little Pinkie Positivity in my life! I think I'm heading to Outfit on Thursday eve just to get a feel for the size I am. It just makes me nervous is all! I'll definitely take you up on the shopping evening soon, though! Also, it'd be great to meet up one lunch time. Whereabouts are you based?

The pic on Facebook was just a quick one taken on my phone. She looked absolutely beautiful, although I certainly wouldn't get away with that much make up without looking like a ho' or a transvestite.

Xx

Positive thinking Sausage - yes you would!! I think you are very lucky in that you are one of those people who still has a really pretty face BEFORE you lost your weight!

I'm at Holborn Circus - so it's a quick jaunt down Fetter Lane to the Strand, which I think is where you're based.

When you do go shopping - at some point get yourself to Bravissimo or some such place and get a bra fitting too. As that will all have changed, and a decent bra makes an amazing amount of difference to how clothes hang on you.

And if you fancy it let me know when you're free - though Fri eves/Saturdays are my usual time off. :)

And if you fancy it let me know when you're free - though Fri eves/Saturdays are my usual time off. :)

Maybe we could just go out and get trollied...

. . . get a bra fitting too. As that will all have changed, and a decent bra makes an amazing amount of difference to how clothes hang on you.
This is my best NSV in ages! I went and got measured whilst we were in the UK and I've moved down 2 sizes !!! Now only a 38DD . . .

Maybe we could just go out and get trollied...
If I were in London too I'd come along to chaperone!!! And get trolled too . . lol
Just 3.5 syns for a vodka & diet coke. That means you can have 4 and still be within syns! And if I hadn't had any alcohol in ages I'd certainly be away with the fairies!

We should arrange something for when I'm in london at end of June-if I can gate crash lol x x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Vodke is only 2.5 syns for 25ml shot... so you can actually have 7 and stick to your syns... Not that I've ever tried it ;)

All you big boobed people talking makes me jealous, my boobs are the only thing I can honestly say I notice a difference, they have shrunk from nearly nothing, to nearly less than nothing!! My dress for tomoro is lovely, but I just don't have the boobs to fill it anymore :(

I've told bf he is buying me a boob job when he wins the lottery ;) xx

Vodka is only 2.5 syns for 25ml shot... so you can actually have 7 and stick to your syns...
Maverick - Think you need to watch Num3ers: 7 * 2.5 = 17.5 so over.

And measures are 35ml in most pubs now!

Not in the UK they aren't!! 25ml is standard here, 35ml is very unusual, certainly in Scotland.

And, yeh, you were right with my calulations... Usually by the time I've had 6, number 7 doesn't count anyway!!

Back