The diary of a (not so-Little)Sausage

Erm... Maybe it should come with a small disclaimer!!

Can I take this as an official SW fact? Please?
You certainly can! By the time I get to 4 or 5 I've lost the plot! So can't remember how many I've had to syn them anyway!

Not in the UK they aren't!! 25ml is standard here, 35ml is very unusual, certainly in Scotland.

Weird! Just come back from a trip to the UK and every bar we drank in around Cheshire and Staffordshire have converted to the larger 35ml measure.
What's even more weird was the last time we were in Scotland - about 10 years ago - they were already serving 35ml measures in the bars we drank in then!

Sounds like everyone should come to London! And, I'm no authority but I worked in a pub for a while and our measures were all 35ml unless it was Cinzano or something and it's 50ml.

So, I went to Dorothy Perkins after work and I bought a pair of jeans in a 20... That's 2 sizes smaller than I've been in years! I am chuffed and now can't wait til I can buy smaller ones.

Woohoo go u!!

As for the measure system, I lived in dundee for several yrs and it was a longstanding joke around there that there was only 1 pub that sold in 35ml. None of the pubs around here are 35ml, shorts are so small u think they are serving water!!

LittleSausage said:
Sounds like everyone should come to London! And, I'm no authority but I worked in a pub for a while and our measures were all 35ml unless it was Cinzano or something and it's 50ml.

So, I went to Dorothy Perkins after work and I bought a pair of jeans in a 20... That's 2 sizes smaller than I've been in years! I am chuffed and now can't wait til I can buy smaller ones.

Fantastic! Told you you'd be fine. Two sizes is excellent as well. Do you keep trying them on with different tops. We just need to sort the top half out now. :) I'm really pleased for you Speedy! x

Maverick said:
Woohoo go u!!

As for the measure system, I lived in dundee for several yrs and it was a longstanding joke around there that there was only 1 pub that sold in 35ml. None of the pubs around here are 35ml, shorts are so small u think they are serving water!!

And I thought you lot were supposed to be hardened drinkers! ;-) x

Minus3.5 said:
GREAT pics, Sausage. And I'm meant to know these things as it's my job to be able to spot a cracking picture amongst all the rubbish we get sent at work.

Totally missed this. Thanks, Zoe!

Fantastic. It's such a great feeling to go out and get smaller clothes. I'm so pleased for you :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

LS if you fancy a holiday in SW Spain - arrive with an empty bag! I have just put all my size 20 clothes on the spare bed ready to go to the charity shop. Lots of jeans, smart pants and tops going free if anyone wants to collect! LOL . . . any takers?

Thanks, all! Yes, it was a great feeling. And Laura, I'm with you on this! Unlike many of the busty lovelies, I have no boobs to speak of! Pinkie, I think I'll try M&S as Bravissimo are all too big for me!!

Breakfast:
Banana
7 coffees with skimmed milk (HEa)

Lunch:
Salad leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, cottage cheese, dressing (2 Syns)

3 mini babybel lights (6 syns)

Supper:
Superfree veg (tomatoes, asparagus, peppers, onions) with couscous.
5 Crab sticks (picked at while making supper)
Hifi bar (HEb)

Total syns: 8

Am really upping the body magic this week. Will hopefully start the C25K on the weekend (argh! Looking for some inspiration tomorrow, Pinkie!). Have upped my walking and my knee is suffering today. Will be doing a Davina session over the weekend, too.

So glad tomorrow's Friday! Woop!

Xx

You're doing the C25K!!! Oh that's so great! I'm due to do my first 20 minute run on Saturday (so far have done up to 8 mins continuous in one go) - so I'll keep you posted on how that goes. Alternatively if I never post again, you can draw your own conclusions!

I shall give you all my hints and tips (such as they are) and tell you how fab it feels when you can string those 8 minutes together!! Well done you for giving it a bash - you'll be fine. :)

Hey Sausage! How exciting that people have started to notice you looking thinner! I bet you're so looking forward to some new bras and tops. And well done on deciding to start couch 2 5k! Really looking forward to hearing about how you get on with that. Happy Friday!xxxx

I'm going to try it! Am thinking of starting tonight when I get home from work. Feeling really rubbish with * week again!!! I was regular as clock work before, but since losing weight I seem to be on about a 3 week cycle at the moment. And I always get a terribly upset stomach when I'm on. As if crippling pain wasn't enough. I'm usually in the office for 7.30 but couldn't make it so early this morning and will be aiming for a 9am start. Coffee with Pinkie to look forward to, though! Woohoo!

Sorry you're feeling a bit rough this morning - you are doing the right thing by taking it easy!

Have a great day!! :)

Thanks, Jules and Alli! I think I'm just stressed as well. Which always makes me grumpy. Weirdly enough, I've had the same nightmare two nights in a row and last night I woke up at 1am in floods of tears. It's got to be stress.

I got up and went to the park this morning and started the c25k. It was really hard going, and I felt so self conscious. I think I'll try it again this evening when there will be fewer people around. I do feel better for it though!

LittleSausage said:
Thanks, Jules and Alli! I think I'm just stressed as well. Which always makes me grumpy. Weirdly enough, I've had the same nightmare two nights in a row and last night I woke up at 1am in floods of tears. It's got to be stress.

I got up and went to the park this morning and started the c25k. It was really hard going, and I felt so self conscious. I think I'll try it again this evening when there will be fewer people around. I do feel better for it though!

Well done for starting it chick, that's by far the hardest bit! I need to get back to it this week-not run for nearly 3 weeks now for various reasons, so might go bak to start of week 3 again :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done - Massive credit to you LS!

I used to be a runner and loved doing 10k races, but haven't run now for 4-5 years. I would love to get back out there but can't seem to get round to it. I might take Molly Dog out with me tonight and have a run around a field locally. That way no one will see me... Probably around 2% chance that I will actually do it, but right now I feel a teeny bit inspired LOL.

Have a great day!

Hey Speedy! Did you get another run done in the end? I could only do one a day. It gets easier though, even when it all feels like a massive hurdle and impossible - bit like the diet I guess, and look how fantastically you're doing there

Ciao Chica! xx

Hey Pinkie! Couldn't face another run! Will be going out tomorrow night though.

Have been so lax in posting here. Sorry! I am very pleased to report a 3.5lb loss this week though. Yay!

Xx

Back