The diary of me :-)

rachaelpie

I start Exante later, waiting for the delivery and will have one for my tea tonight.
Just so u know a bit about me - I'm 26, a single mum to a 3 year old, 5"1, 16st 2lb, morbidly obese at size 22, bmi 43. :(
Always struggled with weight, managed to get to 10st once (no idea how) and I'd like to get there again. I tried sw and ww and slim fast but never really stuck to it. I find I eat too much on sw, use all my points on ww and then moan I'm hungry and slim fast was the evening meals... I'm not so good with portions/controlling calories.
I am sick to death of being the fat one at work, wearing boring clothes and having no energy for my boy. I do have a boyfriend that loves me as I am, but I want to feel sexy for him if that makes sense?!
I have not told anyone about Exante as vlcd and shakes are frowned upon by most people I know and I can't be bothered listening to them. :banghead:
This is my last chance saloon, I can't **** this up. I do have 6 stone to lose and I know it won't be easy but it would be nice to have a bit of support and encouragement along the way.

So I'm Rachael, I'm a food-a-holic and this is my diary starting today - 24th May 2013. :)

I started cambridge 2 weeks ago yesterday. Done sw, when I stuck to it the results were great, but the problem was sticking to it! Ww never worked for me, was always so hungry on it, slim fast didn't really work. Tried different tablets as well, tried vlcds before but like you i really feel that this is my last chance as i am 30 now, was huffing and puffing just by getting dressed and had problems breathing depending on how i sat. I'm 5ft6.5, was a size 22, 20 stone and bmi was 45. Feels like I will be doing this forever even though it is like the fastest working diet. Like you apart from not having many people to tell, I have seen and heard all the negative sh*t people come out with. I have to be 11 stone before I am even a healthy weight so 9 stone at least in theory to come off. When I started my diary, it felt a bit disheartening until people started commenting. 1st week was really tough, especially day 4 and 5 for me but the second week has been so much easier. I have been 100% all the way through and that is how I intend to stay. 2 things I am doing to stay motivated, the 1st being taking pictures every month, the 2nd being every time I crave food putting the money i would have spent on it in a pot, so that when i get to target I can treat myself to whatever I want, the money is not to be spent on anything other than treating myself. I lost 8lbs in my first week and 4lbs in my second despite it being totm at both weigh ins. I will be around for a long time lol! I told myself in the first few days even if I had 5 or 6 food packs it was better than blowing it. I don't want to fall off the wagon because it is so hard to get back on it. As some people would say 'keep digging deep' and I am sure that I can speak for everyone on here when I say good luck x

Thank you char, nice to hear someone in practically the same boat as me :)
My delivery came, I even had a surprise extra shake that I didn't pay for lol.
Tonight i thought I'd treat myself to my favourite food before starting in the morning. I had a pizza hut pan pizza with chicken and sweet corn and a cookie dough with ice cream. U know how much i ate? 1 slice. Such a waste of money but the guilt I felt was enormous. Its foods fault I'm the fat girl I am, I'm taking control now. Food does not control me.
Is your diary on here? Can I subscribe?x

You're welcome! Always nice to get something extra for free! Yes, my diary is on here under weight loss diaries titled cambridge diet 10 stone to lose. Totally get the guilt of eating, horrible cycle. I used to reward and beat myself up with food. Used to sit and cry. Now I tell myself at least I am doing something about it! I tried exante a few times but personally I need something more personal than that. Exante products do taste really nice though, although I always had the shakes and I did try the bars. In case you don't know, bars are higher in carbs and you should only really have them after 2 weeks. Have you tried vlcds before? Are you more bothered about being a particular weight or is there a clothes size that you just want to get to? I used to go through phases of not eating all day then ordering a huge takeaway at night. I totally get the not wanting to be the fat one and wanting to look sexy for the person you are with, although I am not with anyone at the moment. Me-hermit, avoid having my picture taken like the plague. Self confidence in minus figures. Hoping that will change x

Never done a vlcd before so its all new to me. I'd like to be a size 12, that's all I want. Ill subscribe shortly :) I've got mostly shakes and a handful of everything else. Roll on tomorrow, start of a new me. Well done on ur losses, keep it up!! Xx

Ok. You should drink at least 2 litres/4 pints of water in addition to the products. You should lose a stone a month on average if doing total solution. Side effect of ketosis being freezing cold and can have terrible breath. No diet drinks as they contain citric acid which takes you out of ketosis. Coke zero doesn't contain citric acid but pepsi max does. Squashes normally contain citric acid as well as does flavoured sparkling water. Black tea and coffee is fine and you can have tablet sweetener but not sweetener out of a jar. Before you get into ketosis you will have a day or 2 of stinking headaches. You can go into ketosis anywhere between day 2 and day 14. Strictly speaking every 12 weeks you should have a week of eating a 200kcal meal once a day.

Sorry if you know all that but just wanted to help you on your journey. Hope that helps x x

Well that's my breakfast done. Strawberry shake, made with 250mls water. 200 was far too thick!
If I'm honest I don't think i mixed properly as my last mouthful was powdery and made me gag. Overall taste though ill go for an 8/10.
Going to fill a 2l bottle of water and keep in fridge for shakes I think, make it nice and cold :)

Had 1/2 Choc orange bar for lunch, going to have the other 1/2 about 2pm to keep me going. Think ill they the carbonara for tea.
Got a massive headache and tummy feels a bit sicky, guess this is withdrawal symptoms from my usual junk-full diet :-( what cr@p I used to feed myself with!?
Trying to drink water as well but struggling :-(

Yeah I still have days where I struggle to drink all my water but remember 'the more you drink, the more you shrink'.

Well done so far, you have taken the first step. My consultant said to me this diet is like medicine, you have to take it until you get better. That really struck a chord with me, never looked at it like that before x

Woken up this morning full of cold and a bad chest :-(
No hunger pangs so far but I am craving a bacon sarnie this morning.
I nearly talked myself into leaving it for another week to make myself well again first. But then I realised I was just doing the usual "ill try tomorrow" fobbing myself off routine.
I can't stand the headaches though x

Hope things are going well with your plan now! The headaches will be a symptom of the carb/calorie deficit you are going through, and should probably be gone by now.
Having done Exante before, I would recommend making your shakes (not sure about soups or meals) with 400ml of cold water.
For me, this was a far better consistency, plus they lasted longer and felt somehow more filling and satisfying. It's also a sneaky way to get more of that dreaded water into your system ;)

Good luck :)

Back