The dreaded flu!

River

Ready for the new me!
The one thing i prayed i wouldnt get on this diet! I stayed away from fluey people (as i have a weak immune system), took extra vitamins and i thought i had snuck under its raydar!! Until yesterday, slight pain in the throat and ive woke today full blown flu :jelous:.

So guys i need your help.. ive asked my LL councillor and she said nothing but avoid syrupy stuff and only tablets.. but my throat is killing me so what can i have for my throat? I took a look at strepsils but theyre citrus flavour alot of them and lemsips too.

Oh you poor thing. Take some strong painkillers and that should reduce the swelling in your throat (strepsils and stuff like that are rubbish anyway). Lemsips are just soluble paracetamol and a load of sugar - just regular paracetamol tablets will do the same, or sudafed tabs if you're bunged up too. and keep drinking. Hope you feel brighter soon xx

Ah thank you loula :) Ill just avoid them then! I sent my partner out for more pills as i was tempted by a strepsil so good job i didnt take one! xx

Please please avoid those pesky strepsils! They seriously don't do anything - it's all psychological! Dose up on painkillers, drink lots, go back to bed, and the dreaded flu will pass (and you'll still be getting thinner!) xx

I drank Lots of green tea when I had flu before xmas as i dont like lemsips and such. Night nurse and day nurse are the best pills that I found and should help your throat. Hope you feel better soon

Back