the dreaded picking again!!

rainbow27

see this was my problem last time its totally getting me down again and i know its no ones fault but mine and i know that i can only help myself!!! its when i get home from work i pick pick pick!!! ARGH. i have my 2nd yep 2nd only weight in on sunday and i KNOW i will have put on :(:(
sorry just need to vent! xx

I think you only have 2 options really, find ways to get around the picking or consider SS+. The loss aren't that different to SS.
It depends what kind of person you are as some people really don't want to add food into the equation at all.
However, you can have an extra shake instead on SS+. If it stops the picking it is worth it.
You've done so well so far, so try not to worry too much. What sort of things do you pick? Is there a particular trigger for the picking?

you know what i think its just habbit.. its terrible i know i should not be doing it and as im doing it im scalding myself.. at work there is always stuff lying round and i am fine i have the strength to not touch!
x

It is easier at work when you have something to do. When I was on SS I used to go to bed, have a bath or look at clothes online. Or come on here! This is the best place for support.
If you feel like picking post on here and we'll all give you a kick up the backside :) xx

Good ideas from Watergirl for diversions to picking. Today I have had luxury bath (Elemis) and now watching clothes programme (called Heavenly Sleepwear) on QVC. I drink black coffee when I get hungry.
Its not always easy, good luck!

what are you picking on hun? Maybe doing ss+ will help you, just cook of a chicken breast into little bits and pick on that through the evening, it will satisfy your need to pick, and is allowed on the 810 plan, I believe the losses are excellent on that too. xx

thanks loads for your advice i will let you know what i decide.. think the chicken idea is a good one... are you allowed to have one week ss then one week ss+ cause i find i have an excellent one week and bad the next and so on?>? x

Hi Hun,
I have bee on ss for 6 weeks, last week i blipped bug time as i had a week off of work. I have now moved up to 810 as i was finding ss too difficult. So far this is day 3 on 810 and i have lost 6lb :) Give it a go, it really does stop you from picking xx

you know what i think its just habbit.. its terrible i know i should not be doing it and as im doing it im scalding myself.. at work there is always stuff lying round and i am fine i have the strength to not touch!
x

rainbow27 this could have been written by me, my constant picking stops me from losing weight, I've tried ss+ having the meal and made me pick more!!! today I decieded to have an extra shake, so when I got in from work at 4 pm had a hot choc, then a soup about 7:30 and so far so good.

I have just stopped SS+ the temptation of any food is to much... so i have chucked out every single thing that im "allowed" to eat... as it was calling my name from the fridge and i just overeat it... :( Feel brill today for no picks... just the CD packs! whooop! :)

well yesterday the "extra" shake worked :) !! no picks, so I going to try the same again today so its 4 packs today but not the extra milk, allowed on ss+

well done hun! With only a stone to go for your goal weight, i can understand it being harder, im the same but i'm managing to resist the picking at the moment! JUST!!!
Feel rough today and all i want to do is pick! :(
Hope you have another 100% day today hun and well done for finding a way that works for you! :D

xx

Well done Trisha, am pleased that you've got yourself sorted!

Back