The dreaded word...EXERCISE!!

Wowzer!!! Some serious exercisers out there!! I have a heart rate monitor which i think is brilliant and is my favourite piece of kit after my treadmill (currently waiting for a new motor..sob sob!) Whilst its out of action i'm trying (and mostly failing) to get on the stationary bike, but its not as fun. Just trying to get some cardio in where i can i think - oh and i do love Wii Just dance even tho i feel a bit of a prize p******k doing it!!

Currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Not that I dont bang on about it in virtually every other post or anything!!!

How are you getting on with that DVD? Must admit I've not got further than level 1 - which is ridiculous as I do loads of gym classes but can't seem to get into a routine and find time to fit this in even thought its only 20 minutes! Is it worth the effort of getting up earlier in the morning?

I do Aquarobics 3 times a week but favourite exercise is jogging in outdoor heated pool at David Lloyds. Would try to do an hour jogging twisting punching plus using board on front and back kicking with fins on feet. I have really toned up and have gone from a 20/22 swimming costume to a Zoggs 14 and ordering in a size 12. Also have a permanent tan being in outdoor pool in all weathers.

I am a bit erratic with my exercise atm, depends how tired i am. I don't think you have to exercise with this diet to lose weight really BUT i think it reduces the amount of saggy skin and helps make you a nicer toned shape. Doing just a few mins hula hooping on wii a day amoungst other things really has helped my tummy.

I thought I'd et my zumba dvd out after reading this.. and I managed 15 minutes :O I'm pooped. I can hardly breathe and my chest has gone tight.. Ambulance please!!!

Hi

I started the C25K running programme back in July - had NEVER been a runner and couldn't breathe by the end of the first session (60 seconds of walking 90 seconds of jogging repeat for 20 mins). I can now run 30 minutes off the bat and really look forward to my sessions 3 times a week. If I can do it, anyone can!

I started and stopped and spluttered on the C25k. I now just run 1k at a time. What speed do you run at for those 30 mins?

I'm now doing 1k at 7.4/7.5 and it takes me 8 minutes which is just slightly longer than doing it walk/run at 6/9 with a bit of 3.5 when I get really knackered.

I can't afford a gym membership and don't think I'd keep it up anyway because I really DON'T like exercise. BUT since starting back on SW 11 weeks ago I have upped my walking with the dog (poor dog) and I go out walking at a face pace a couple of times extra each week too. PLUS we have a 3 storey house and so I run up and down the stairs - started doing and could only manage a couple of times - I am now up to 6 - 7 times up and down now before I nearly pass out ! PLUS I dug out my mini trampoline and do that 2 - 3 times a week (have to be careful as my bladder isn't what it was - being 54 and 2 kids!) - When the biggest loser was on I was mini trampolining through the last hour.

sorry to drone on !

I do some walking with my baby in his pram. I also like to crank up some music at home and dance around like a crazy woman (when it's just me and baby). I put baby in his door jumper and we exercise together! :)

When I joined SW September last year I was 24 stone, so most exercise would have killed me!

I began by cycling (bought a VERY sturdy mountain bike), building up the mileage week by week. Then as the weight came off and my fitness went up I added the Wii fit, then swimming, then finally the gym.

I am now at around 15½ stone (shameless brag lol), and go to the gym approximately 5 times per week depending on my work shifts - I do an hour on the treadmill and then throw in some resistance and weight training depending on how I'm set for time.

In this time I have also done a 60km bike ride, 73 mile bike ride, and a 10k run for charity. And I am hoping to get into the SW London marathon team, also doing the 3-peaks challenge next year and finally a cycle Lands End-John O'Groats in 2012.

And then I shall chill out a little lol.

SW is great in that you don't actually have to do any exercise in order to lose weight, but anything you do will obviously help the lbs fall off, build up your fitness and stamina, and I think also help with skin tone (those of us with plenty to lose can suffer with skin lag but touch wood so far I have escaped it and I put it down to the exercise).

Keep up the good work :)

Me and other half goto they gym 3-4 times a week, we do about 40 mins on various weights , then about 45 on cardio (i stick to the x trainer cause its the only one I 'like') then we do 3 x 20 reps on crunches, leg raisers and ab twist things.
Enjoy doing the weights side and force myself to do the cardio.
We know when we haven't been, the one week we didn't show at all we both gained, and if we miss a session, we feel 'flabby' even tho it prob hasn't made a difference missing just the one session!
My sister lost loads through using the wii, she used the wii active game, you just need to find something u enjoy, remember it will be hard at first, and to try each thing at least a couple of times.
Good luck :)

I do the Silver Body Magic so only 3 x 30 minutes a week. I usually do the Wii Fit, walking, swimming or a dvd. My consutlant said last week that it doesn't matter how much exercise you do in a week it will only help weightloss by maybe losing an extra 1lb (I was surprised at that as I always thought it was the key for me). Although it made me think exercise isn't worth the hassle, its the only way to tone up while losing weight so that motivates me.

Back